Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002168 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #6495 on: August 18, 2017, 11:06:42 am »

I just hope it wasn't any of my Pakistani or Middle Eastern colleagues.

I've heard one of them mumble Allahu Akbar to himself plenty of times. I would normally just assume it's muslim prayers, but now...

Would be crazy in the six degrees of separation sense if it were O.o There's no information on the attacker yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: August 18, 2017, 01:33:58 pm »

I've heard one of them mumble Allahu Akbar to himself plenty of times. I would normally just assume it's muslim prayers, but now...

What do you mean?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: August 18, 2017, 01:36:20 pm »

What do you mean?

Probably shouldn't jump to conclusions on that particular person until the identity of the attacker is released.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: August 18, 2017, 01:47:37 pm »

What do you mean?

Probably shouldn't jump to conclusions on that particular person until the identity of the attacker is released.

Only allusions to assumptions were made, hence my desire for clarification.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: August 18, 2017, 02:02:53 pm »

What do you mean?

Only allusions to assumptions were made, hence my desire for clarification.
The fear that I might have shared office space with a terrorist?

Doesn't appear to be the case anymore, if this video is anything to go by. The person I was thinking of is bald. This suspect appears to have hair.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: August 18, 2017, 02:11:23 pm »

The fear that I might have shared office space with a terrorist?

Who cares?  They obviously didnt kill you
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: August 18, 2017, 02:16:40 pm »

Spoken like a true Basque
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: August 18, 2017, 02:17:11 pm »

Still a dick move to assume that 'cause someone is Asian and a practicing Muslim that they're capable of terrorism.

PPE: also kind of awful Basque etc.

Edit: can I be a terrorist, too? I was raised Catholic, have Irish heritage and don't particularly like Britain.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:21:08 pm by hector13 »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: August 18, 2017, 02:34:29 pm »

It's survival instinct, being on the lookout for anything that can be construed as a danger. Early warnings and all that.

May be false warnings, but that's life.

Sorry if it offends anyone, but social trust is at a very low point right now.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: August 18, 2017, 02:39:53 pm »

It's survival instinct, being on the lookout for anything that can be construed as a danger. Early warnings and all that.

If you're so concerned, I guess you can ask the coworker how come he is doing it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: August 18, 2017, 02:46:31 pm »

There is one little problem with telling someone "Don't worry about it, just cover your ears and go la la la la la because it isn't a big deal"

Human instinct is to panic more when someone does that.

ANYHOW... typically terrorists are second generation immigrants of Muslim families. So chances are they aren't a terrorist... and even then their targets are typically minorities and ideological groups rather than businesses.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:52:58 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: August 18, 2017, 02:51:09 pm »

There is one little problem with telling someone "Don't worry about it, just cover your ears and go la la la la la because it isn't a big deal"

Human instinct is to panic more when someone does that.

It's a freaking trope even.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: August 18, 2017, 02:55:36 pm »

It's not offensive, it's just kinda... sad, I guess, that you're that worried about something that is so vanishingly unlikely to happen that you think that someone belonging to a certain ethnic and/or religious group means they're more likely to kill you or otherwise cause you harm.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: August 18, 2017, 03:46:08 pm »

Still a dick move to assume that 'cause someone is Asian and a practicing Muslim that they're capable of terrorism.

PPE: also kind of awful Basque etc.

Edit: can I be a terrorist, too? I was raised Catholic, have Irish heritage and don't particularly like Britain.

I'm sorry, I just got pissed over how when somebody literally just had an attack happen in their home town and is expressing their worries, your immediate reaction is to start up the ol' witch processing to find out if they're a vile racist or not.

@ChairmanPoo - I was going to apologise to you to, but then I looked down on your post and resaw what a fucking stupid thing that was to say, and now I'm pissed off again.

Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: August 18, 2017, 04:11:09 pm »

I was supposed to be offended?   ???

By the way, my comment wasn't about racism at all. So I kind of think that you should reconsider your own priorities and biases.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 793