Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008351 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #10455 on: November 30, 2019, 07:34:48 pm »

I think British people are quite happy to not go into debt whenever they get sick, positively correlating with the extent to which they get sick.

Like, I live in the US, I’m a British citizen. If I get sick enough that it requires extended treatment, I will spend the pennies on a plane ticket because fuck the noise that is health insurance premiums and deductibles.

This is the reason why the Tories are harping on about the NHS not being up for sale in a future US-UK trade agreement, because that would be political suicide on their part.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: November 30, 2019, 07:40:18 pm »

In spite of the fact that the Ories are definitely going to sell the NHS in a post-Brexit trade agreement. They just have to get through the food riots phase with enough boomers still alive, and then with that crisis in mind can just say Britain can no longer afford the fiscal irresponsibility of the NHS which has plagued it for decades.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10457 on: December 01, 2019, 05:11:09 am »

Nah, they won't even say that. It'll just be an efficient restructuring for cost-saving proposals that'll streamline our world class services with a string of nice buzzwords

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: December 01, 2019, 05:44:47 am »

Like I said, they'll probably "externalize management"
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: December 01, 2019, 12:51:22 pm »

Didn’t take the British politicians long to politicize a tragedy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10460 on: December 01, 2019, 12:57:25 pm »

Gotta be tough on hate, terror and other emotionsTM

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: December 09, 2019, 12:14:18 pm »

NHS fun fact - the accounting and statistics-related arm of the NHS (not an easy group to define, there are hazy borders so forgive me) consumes at least 5-10% (lowballing) of the annual budget, likely substantially more. In France there exists a far less comprehensive level of statistics with respect to exact spending per patient and spending per GP practice,hospital etc.  Here's the thing - employing people to find inefficiencies in the system is good but, if you go into too much detail, the costs of knowing begin to outweigh the increased efficiency. Sure the GP practice could save £5 by better distributing resources so they're not wasted, but it might cost £10 to catalogue and know exactly which resources are where. There's a middle-ground to strike, and the Conservative method of NHS management seems to have upped the needless bureaucracy arm to 11 imo. What DF and many other games fail on a massive scale to show you is that statistics aren't free.

For a more glaring example: in the US (and probably elsewhere), companies and government agencies buy through a contract to make sure people are not taking bribes in order to pay extra. These contracts usually involve buying things for 400-500% of the normal price for the exact same item, and forbids buying through non-contract options.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10462 on: December 10, 2019, 07:40:28 pm »

There's a common joke on Yes Minister, where the government minister tries to make the government more cost-efficient so they hire more civil servants to investigate how to make the government more cost-efficient

Also in completely unrelated news, I find it amusing that I had far too many students in their 40s and 50s who denied animals are going extinct today, while I just read a translated extract from a Greek 1,600 years ago complaining that lions had gone extinct in Europe

The Greeks were really ahead of their time

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: December 11, 2019, 02:51:50 am »

We used to have elephants

elephants

Super cure elephants
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: December 11, 2019, 03:27:52 am »

Elephants? We used to have wooly mammoths. 
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: December 11, 2019, 07:45:59 am »

We used to have ground sloths

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10466 on: December 11, 2019, 05:51:47 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: December 12, 2019, 03:56:17 am »

We used to have ground sloths

I haven't climbed up into a tree yet
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: December 12, 2019, 08:02:13 am »

Back in the day we didn't climb down from trees

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: December 12, 2019, 09:06:42 am »

Back in the day we didn't climb down from trees

Even the trees were a bad move. No one should have left the oceans.
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 793