Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859914 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2016, 07:11:13 am »

I am, though I really should be asleep. What's happening?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2016, 07:11:24 am »

I represent the bay12 collectivemyself while people are off, so maybe I could help :v, there's also people on IRC if you want to talk it out with someone. Never isolate yourself in situations such as this.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:14:50 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2016, 07:18:10 am »

Isolating myself isn't exactly my goal here, but all the people who I identified as willing to listen through my inane nonsense are offline.

Though I haven't yet checked the IRC.

It's not really that big of a deal, though. I'm just getting increasingly fucked up by anxiety because I hate my own drawings.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:22:48 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2016, 10:40:10 am »

BRUB

I know i haven't always come off as the most patient guy towards you, but let me tell you a thing: Hating your own art is a vicious circle. It's not that it necessarily makes the art worse, but rather, i've noticed that when people loved what they were doing, the end result (or at least the beloved parts of it) tends to have a certain "spark". Without that, it's easy to get disappointed by ones own work (hell, i've managed to draw something once that i hated so much that i deleted it completely, with the only trace of its existence being my memory of it), and with one such disappointment, one has less faith in the next work, and so on. This is also why i tell people to have fun with what they're doing, because it is INFINITELY easier to both get going and keep going when it's a fun thing you're doing.

But you know what, Cinder? I've seen that spark in your stuff before, so i'm pretty sure you do have some passion for it. You just gotta tell yourself that it's entirely okay to not be an instant Michaelangelo. There aren't many people alive who can claim to be at that level, and if there were, it wouldn't be a special thing, and that'd possibly be EVEN MORE scary. Imagine if that was the bar for "average". :I

also dangit my sinuses hurt and i'm STILL coughing
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2016, 10:41:52 am »

I think I'll do fine. I like my art when they get done. It's after five minutes that I start regretting my everything.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 15, 2016, 12:45:38 pm »

because I hate my own drawings.
You know, the brain is a funny thing.

It's surprisingly easy to create false memories in someone, just casually talking about an event "they were definitely at, last year" four or five times. Even preferences can be changed without too much trouble.

In other words, NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN. Try not to even think it. You are quite literally letting your brain program itself into a cycle of ruining something you like.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2016, 01:04:45 pm »

You know, the brain is a funny thing.

It's surprisingly easy to create false memories in someone, just casually talking about an event "they were definitely at, last year" four or five times. Even preferences can be changed without too much trouble.

In other words, NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN. Try not to even think it. You are quite literally letting your brain program itself into a cycle of ruining something you like.
This!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2016, 01:52:27 pm »

You want to listen to two different things at the same time?

Yeah, sometimes.
Bah, it's happening again.
Last time it was funeral doom and pop punk, this morning it's death metal and old-timey jazz. Being musically bipolar is hard sometimes.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2016, 11:02:13 pm »

D'argh, Shakerag didn't get the right cakeday image.

And there's only an hour left.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2016, 11:04:29 pm »

D'argh, Shakerag didn't get the right cakeday image.

And there's only an hour left.
We need a Cinder down there because her art is amazing :P
But yeah. His Birthday is like many others; I believe a good note is best if arts cannot be provided due to time constraints ^ ^

My sad: I was sad. Because of lacking sensitivity from others. Then friends came and I was happy. But the tiny sad continued nudging me until now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2016, 03:12:16 am »

Aaaahh, I am too tired to do anything but sleep with any deal of efficiency, but I need to wash some clothes today since I'm leaving in two days. Haven't even worked out what kinda bags I'm taking or anything... not sure how much clothing I'm actually gonna need.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2016, 03:54:33 am »

I probably should have caught up with friends or something before I leave for a month tomorrow, but I'm pretty bad at that stuff.
No doubt someone will be upset that I didn't tell them I was going on a trip. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2016, 08:46:03 am »

I probably should have caught up with friends or something before I leave for a month tomorrow, but I'm pretty bad at that stuff.
No doubt someone will be upset that I didn't tell them I was going on a trip. >.>
Make amends when you come back! ;D I usually do that when I forget stuffs (and I forget many times .-.;) Make a note or letter or otherwise if it makes the situation better \o/

I, myself, am not doing well. And my colon agrees :V
May be stress--moreso due to RL events that led to a breakdown on Sunday/Monday this week rather than exams happening [Tuesday-Friday] (And student proctor volunteer again on Saturday).

Woo. x_X

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2016, 08:52:16 am »

Ouch. Digestive/intestinal troubles are never fun, whatever the cause. Get well soon!

I'm planning on commanding all my (people I think are my) friends to gather at my place for a party sometime once I'm back.
Who knows if I will actually do so... hopefully. And hopefully people show up, haha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2016, 07:40:40 pm »

There appears to be no politically themed erotica titled "Unconventional Congress". This is oddly disappointing, and my day has been slightly worsened by this knowledge.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 779