Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859702 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #990 on: May 19, 2016, 10:36:50 pm »

I had at least two or three very interesting, possibly really good dreams, but I seem to have forgotten most of all of them.
Always a sad start to the day. ...Oh and it's 1:36 PM, I didn't intend on sleeping in so late today.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 19, 2016, 11:36:03 pm »

Anyone here know about hair dying and bleaching hair and stuff? I want to dye my hair a dark blue, as opposed to this light orangish-red it is right now, and I'm afraid it'll turn purple. So I want to bleach it, but I already did 2 or 3 months ago, and my mom tells me my hair will get all brittle and fall out/break off, which I don't want either. So I need help. Also, I've been up for nearly 24 hours.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 20, 2016, 05:30:23 am »

@chaotic:Go to sleep, dude.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 20, 2016, 06:54:47 am »

Anyone here know about hair dying and bleaching hair and stuff? I want to dye my hair a dark blue, as opposed to this light orangish-red it is right now, and I'm afraid it'll turn purple. So I want to bleach it, but I already did 2 or 3 months ago, and my mom tells me my hair will get all brittle and fall out/break off, which I don't want either. So I need help. Also, I've been up for nearly 24 hours.
Purple hair would be dope.

My friend dyes his hair purple and it looks pretty great. If you want I could ask him for advice about bleaching and dyeing. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 20, 2016, 06:59:47 am »

My laptop's fan (the actual fan part, not the assembly) is loose and wobbles sometimes, making a god awful grinding noise. Fixing it means removing the motherboard, if it even can be fixed short of replacing the entire fan. I want to play Minecraft but I'm afraid of doing anything that might cause the fan to spin up.

Yes computer advice thread but this makes me mildly sad so it goes here.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #995 on: May 20, 2016, 07:42:19 am »

Removing the motherboard would mostly involve unscrewing things, and then when you reassemble it there'll be one thing left over and you won't know what it was supposed to do.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 20, 2016, 11:02:16 am »

Me looking nice amounts to spending time making my hair less messy than usual, wearing glasses, and making sure none of my clothes have stains. Otherwise I wear whatever's clean :-\

EDIT: @Yoink: If it's not to big of a problem or anything, that would help a lot. But you don't have to :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:08:53 am by chaotic skies »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 20, 2016, 02:31:09 pm »

@Caroline:I personally just wears jeans and a polo shirt when I'm not trying to be fancy.  But if you need to be fancy in a hurry, swap out the jeans for dress slacks/socks/shoes.  It's a sort of casual fancy, but much fancier than jeans.

I don't have much advice to offer that's not kind of male-centric, though.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:33:59 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 20, 2016, 02:44:06 pm »

Dress codes vary a lot with the occasion. Jeans and polo shirt are well enough for a soft concert (even when you're the one playing the music) or other stage act. For a dinner party, you'll want a white dress shirt, but your other clothes don't matter much. For a formal party, you'll want the vaguely-defined 'evening suit'. And so on and so on. If you want to provoke, dress however you want, and not how others want.

Dress codes don't make much sense, honestly. Why is a white dress shirt fancier than a checkered one?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 20, 2016, 02:51:33 pm »

Because checkered shirts are more cluttered than white ones.

I just made that up but it sounds right.

Dress codes vary a lot with the occasion. Jeans and polo shirt are well enough for a soft concert (even when you're the one playing the music) or other stage act. For a dinner party, you'll want a white dress shirt, but your other clothes don't matter much. For a formal party, you'll want the vaguely-defined 'evening suit'. And so on and so on. If you want to provoke, dress however you want, and not how others want.
I'm not sure I agree with that.   Except for the last bit and all.
Sigtext

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 20, 2016, 03:22:04 pm »

Personally, I just where whatever, unless it's something really important.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1001 on: May 20, 2016, 04:37:44 pm »

I kind of meander through it. Jeans and a button-down are slightly smarter than the polo, chinos or slacks are another step up, a dress shirt is one more, suit pants are the next level, add jacket and tie and you're pretty much at maximum.

I tend to go with suit pants, dress shirt and tie as the fanciest. Jeans and button-down is anywhere from casual to smart casual, which is convenient.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 20, 2016, 06:27:22 pm »

If I'm trying to be incredibly fancy (say, a wedding or graduation) I'll put on a full-blown, three piece suit, with a bowtie. Otherwise, if it's less formal (like a meeting of some kind) I'll throw on dress pants and a nice button-down shirt.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 20, 2016, 10:41:30 pm »

I'm shocked to learn that polo shirts are acceptable in some parts of the world. :P

For formal occasions, braid some bones (real or carved from wood etc.) into your hair and cover yourself in as many spikes as you can fit whilst still being able to move easily. Then drop acid about twenty-five minutes prior to arriving at the occasion in question.
Booze is Life for Yoink

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 20, 2016, 11:18:04 pm »

I'm shocked to learn that polo shirts are acceptable in some parts of the world. :P

For formal occasions, braid some bones (real or carved from wood etc.) into your hair and cover yourself in as many spikes as you can fit whilst still being able to move easily. Then drop acid about twenty-five minutes prior to arriving at the occasion in question.
I approve of this formal attire :P
Now if I could only acquire some bones, long hair, spikes and acid...

I can get bones and spikes, what kind of bones do you want? I've got human cat dog giraffe elephant squirrel deer and cow.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 779