Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855449 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1620 on: August 29, 2016, 08:40:05 am »

It's still incredibly airconditionerless in this dorm.  I was sweating madly all last night, which sucked.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 29, 2016, 10:07:11 am »

I took my keyboard apart to clean it and put it back together, but now my spacebar is clicking really loudly. I don't want to take it apart again because there's fifteen screws in the board and I don't have a screwdriver that properly fits any of them.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 29, 2016, 08:48:13 pm »

It finally hit me that Imgur isn't just an image storage site anymore. Now it's a #viral omg LOL FUNNY xD meme sharing site. Although it's still the most convenient option by far, it's kinda annoying that I can't just have my images, they have to be "posts" and my account is "neutral" and so on.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 29, 2016, 08:50:38 pm »

You can still just upload pictures there that won't be seen by the mad bastards who think it's a social media site.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 29, 2016, 08:52:38 pm »

You can still just upload pictures there that won't be seen by the mad bastards who think it's a social media site.
Well it IS a social media site.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 29, 2016, 08:59:04 pm »

I suppose the social media aspect is how they are trying to monetize it, so I guess it makes a certain degree of sense that they are obfuscating image hosting services in favor of their bullshit other stuff but it sure is annoying as fuck as a user.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 29, 2016, 09:09:55 pm »

I suppose the social media aspect is how they are trying to monetize it, so I guess it makes a certain degree of sense that they are obfuscating image hosting services in favor of their bullshit other stuff but it sure is annoying as fuck as a user.
They aren't doing their jobs very well if they're alienating their userbase.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1627 on: August 30, 2016, 01:57:55 pm »

I've started using img.ie instead. It doesn't handle big pictures well, but it's pretty quick and convenient. And they've taken the sketchy-as-hell content off the home page.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 30, 2016, 02:01:56 pm »

Here I am still using Imgur and not erupting into flames because honestly I don't see anything bad.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 30, 2016, 05:38:34 pm »

Last I looked they'd made the UI more atrocious than any website I've had to use in years.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 30, 2016, 07:28:58 pm »

Here I am still using Imgur and not erupting into flames because honestly I don't see anything bad.
Last I looked they'd made the UI more atrocious than any website I've had to use in years.

Yup. They are actively removing ease of use for just uploading and sharing elsewhere to make more room for their own sharing in site features. It's pretty annoying.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 30, 2016, 09:13:37 pm »

Yeah, I haven't burst into fire either. I don't actually see the problem with the new UI and people using it less as an image hosting site and more as a social media site doesn't bother me.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 30, 2016, 09:18:51 pm »

Yeah, I haven't burst into fire either. I don't actually see the problem with the new UI and people using it less as an image hosting site and more as a social media site doesn't bother me.
The only reason I care is because the drive to make it more like social media is getting in the way of me using it for image hosting. Otherwise I wouldn't give it a second thought.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 30, 2016, 10:12:25 pm »

I've not been gotten-in-the-way-of yet. I have my pictures page as a bookmark, I go there, click "add images", browse files, upload. No interacting with the community, no looking at pictures other than my own, no whatever.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 30, 2016, 10:44:09 pm »

Trying to get the power reconnected at my (share)house has truly become a painful, frustrating, draining saga of failure.
I don't even want to live in the place to begin with and I have to go to all this trouble. :'(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 778