Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859951 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2430 on: January 17, 2017, 04:39:54 am »

Notepad++ doesn't have a confirm dialog for 'close all' if the documents have all been saved. That was a heck of a misclick.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2431 on: January 17, 2017, 03:56:08 pm »

While on my way inside today, I slipped on ice and shattered my phone's screen.

Dammit. It's new, too. I wish that getting the screen replaced wasn't so expensive.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: January 17, 2017, 04:58:31 pm »

The job I'd applied for and had an interview/training for tomorrow was cancelled; the employers decided they dont actually need to hire anyone. The contractor also apparently lost my paperwork, even though from my point of view on my profile page and from emails it's all completed and signed. Good job guys. I am now signing up for another job through the same contractor. Still waiting for them to resend the paperwork again.

This is a massive clusterfuck and I'm ready for bed -_-
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: January 17, 2017, 07:05:57 pm »

Why do people listen to music without headphones? It's like "No, I can only enjoy my music if I'm bothering other people, and if anybody asks me to turn it down I'll get really butthurt"
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: January 17, 2017, 10:43:50 pm »

Why do people listen to music without headphones? It's like "No, I can only enjoy my music if I'm bothering other people, and if anybody asks me to turn it down I'll get really butthurt"
the same people who when they wear headphones have the volume up so loud you can hear it from across the room.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: January 17, 2017, 11:06:08 pm »

My nice headphones make really loud static crackling sounds if you move the cord. Also they're battery-powered, and the on switch only works sometimes.

I actually prefer my Blutooth headset to regular ear/headphones now. Not having to deal with a cord is really convenient, and they last a day as long as you remember to turn them off when not listening. They still sound like regular ass earphones though.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: January 17, 2017, 11:39:21 pm »

You people use Bluetooth headphones?  3.5mm audio out is the only true way to do it, and with decent headphones not earbuds.  Reeee.

But seriously, I've never understood why people are so into Bluetooth everything.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: January 18, 2017, 12:48:01 am »

stupid headache why y u no disappear
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: January 18, 2017, 12:50:05 am »

Do you maybe have a cold or allergies?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: January 18, 2017, 12:53:59 am »

You people use Bluetooth headphones?  3.5mm audio out is the only true way to do it, and with decent headphones not earbuds.  Reeee.

But seriously, I've never understood why people are so into Bluetooth everything.

Cords are too short, too long, get tangled, get unplugged accidentally, get caught on things in your pocket, get caught on things in meatspace, get chewed on by pets, get damaged (and often can't be replaced), and all those things make them a pain that I don't care to deal with anymore. If I could have everything wireless then I would; we're nearly there with wireless charging for phones, now we just need wireless power as a general standard and it's all gravy.

And I'm not going to wear a huge pair of headphones in public. It's uncomfortable, I can't jog or even turn too quickly while wearing them lest they fall off, I can't wear them over most hats or even under a hood very comfortably and I look like a dork with a huge pair of headphones around my neck.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:55:46 am by itisnotlogical »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: January 18, 2017, 12:59:20 am »

i hate wireless everything

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: January 18, 2017, 01:02:11 am »

Get chewed on by pets?!?!

UNFORGIVABLE HERESY!!

Yeah, I like wires, honestly.  You have more freedom of motion, paradoxically, than wireless charging.

Though what with ultra-fast chargey stuff I could probably see it work out that you just tap your phone to the charger for a quick top-up or something?  But I mean, I still want wired headphones.  Bluetooth isn't the best thing for audio quality.
Sigtext

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: January 18, 2017, 01:08:34 am »

I can set my laptop to play music, walk halfway across the house and still hear the music over bluetooth, how is that less freedom of motion than an arm's length away with my regular headphones

For wireless power I was mostly thinking about cord wrangling. I have a PS3, N64, Gamecube, Xbox and VCR/DVD player all hooked up to the same TV in the living room, and I'm afraid of the day where I decide to add anything to that mess. And I planned it to avoid tangles and rat's nests, all the power and video cords are looped so that only the minimum length is used. Still looks like a nightmare.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: January 18, 2017, 01:14:35 am »

Uhh...Did you hear what I said though?

Compared to wireless charging, you have more freedom of motion when plugged in via cord than when stuck to a charging stand.

I make no comparisons to Bluetooth but do note that phones and mp3 players exist.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: January 18, 2017, 01:29:54 am »

Are we talking phone speakers, or a decent portable speaker?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 779