Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855392 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7260 on: April 08, 2020, 04:08:03 pm »

I always see that game highly recommended as a hidden gem, but it looks like a chaotic mess of carsickness waiting to happen.
It might be possible that the Human campaign is fine. But Aliens involve walking on ceilings a lot and flipping out on geometry, while predator has you switching between 4 different shitty viewmodes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: April 08, 2020, 06:45:00 pm »

It's 31 C here again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I always see that game highly recommended as a hidden gem, but it looks like a chaotic mess of carsickness waiting to happen.
It might be possible that the Human campaign is fine. But Aliens involve walking on ceilings a lot and flipping out on geometry, while predator has you switching between 4 different shitty viewmodes.

That was a great game. Unless you get motion sickness, I guess. Also, I think the 4 vision modes were: magnetic (?) mode for seeing aliens, heat mode for seeing humans, regular mode for not hunting an enemy (and maybe seeing where you were jumping in single-player mode), and 4th mode for hunting ghosts or something.

I think we always turned alien lifecycles off once people realized the loop was 1) free kill for facehugger 2) someone sees the dead body, and blows it up, killing the alien player 3) alien respawns as facehugger...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 06:49:00 pm by Iduno »

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: April 09, 2020, 07:22:38 am »

One of my flower pots fell from the windowsill while I was sleeping. The flower was OK but the dirt spilled onto the floor and so I had to scoop it up and replant it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 07:24:35 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: April 09, 2020, 07:32:18 pm »

My headphones are almost completely screwed now, which sucks because it would be either hard or long to get new ones and until I do I can't listen to much, I usually have others around me so I don't listen aloud
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: April 10, 2020, 10:44:48 am »

My headphones are almost completely screwed now, which sucks because it would be either hard or long to get new ones and until I do I can't listen to much, I usually have others around me so I don't listen aloud

I've got something for you that's neither long nor hard.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: April 10, 2020, 11:30:38 am »

One of my flower pots fell from the windowsill while I was sleeping. The flower was OK but the dirt spilled onto the floor and so I had to scoop it up and replant it.

"Oh no, not again"

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: April 10, 2020, 11:44:43 am »

I've got something for you that's neither long nor hard.
Will look at it later, but shipping time could be long to here
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: April 10, 2020, 12:02:25 pm »

I had a small grease fire on my stove today. I was trying to deep fry some of my frozen chicken patties, when the splattering grease just poofed into flames. Fortunately I had a box of kosher salt on hand to douse it down, but it scared the fuck out of me.

Also I made the discovery that my drip pan (underneath the burner) is apparently so old and rusted that it was itself flammable (I didn't even know that was possible?) and disintegrated the moment I touched it trying to clean all the salt out. Now there's a fuckton of salt just everywhere on the inside of my electric stove.

Jesus I felt fucking stupid over that one. I must've just had the heat way too fucking high. I'm astonished I didn't get burned at all in my panic.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: April 10, 2020, 01:22:15 pm »

I had a small grease fire on my stove today. I was trying to deep fry some of my frozen chicken patties, when the splattering grease just poofed into flames. Fortunately I had a box of kosher salt on hand to douse it down, but it scared the fuck out of me.

Also I made the discovery that my drip pan (underneath the burner) is apparently so old and rusted that it was itself flammable (I didn't even know that was possible?) and disintegrated the moment I touched it trying to clean all the salt out. Now there's a fuckton of salt just everywhere on the inside of my electric stove.

Jesus I felt fucking stupid over that one. I must've just had the heat way too fucking high. I'm astonished I didn't get burned at all in my panic.

The combination of cold and hot is probably the main culprit. Make sure to cover fryers as soon as possible to avoid getting that in your eyes. I think that's also why you're only supposed to fill them halfway up. It happens pretty often.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: April 10, 2020, 06:15:02 pm »

One thing to be aware of with covering oil on a stove is that if you heat up covered oil and then pull the lid off, there will be an inrush of oxygen and that can cause the whole thing to ignite. So yeah, don't do that. Oil can heat up well past its ignition point on a covered pot on the stove.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: April 10, 2020, 06:29:08 pm »

One thing to be aware of with covering oil on a stove is that if you heat up covered oil and then pull the lid off, there will be an inrush of oxygen and that can cause the whole thing to ignite. So yeah, don't do that. Oil can heat up well past its ignition point on a covered pot on the stove.

You probably shouldn't be heating oil that hot. I'm not sure I see an oil (quick look) that will do that under 400 C. Many lids also have a air hole, but that shouldn't be necessary.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: April 10, 2020, 06:57:36 pm »

Every damn time I remember The Watch is set to be an in-name-only adaption of Discworld, it makes me mad.
For an example of how it is in name only, here's Cut My Own Throat Dibbler as a female snitch named Throat with a gang of henchman.
Oh, Vetinari is female now too, and I'm just looking at this particular band of tweets, apparently Wonse is now a female wizard in training, and Captain John Keel is a black guy who might still be alive.
And earlier it was said that Cheerie is now a non-binary human, which is the one that makes my blood boil the most. She a non-monary dwarf, damnnit!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: April 10, 2020, 07:31:35 pm »

Every damn time I remember The Watch is set to be an in-name-only adaption of Discworld, it makes me mad.
For an example of how it is in name only, here's Cut My Own Throat Dibbler as a female snitch named Throat with a gang of henchman.
Oh, Vetinari is female now too, and I'm just looking at this particular band of tweets, apparently Wonse is now a female wizard in training, and Captain John Keel is a black guy who might still be alive.
And earlier it was said that Cheerie is now a non-binary human, which is the one that makes my blood boil the most. She a non-monary dwarf, damnnit!

You thought a BBC show was going to be not terrible?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: April 10, 2020, 07:39:35 pm »

Fuck you, Pride and Prejudice was great. So were Wolf Hall, War and Peace, and Warriors.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: April 10, 2020, 07:57:20 pm »

I know nearly nothing about them other than they're making The Watch, and made some Sherlock show.
I was hopefully optimistic originally, and it appears I was wrong.
And even if I thought it was going to be terrible, doesn't change that they're making it terrible. I'd prefer they not even make it if they're not going to even try to make an actual adaption of it, instead of filming an alternate universe Darker and Edgier fanfic.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 778