Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859535 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8820 on: April 09, 2021, 02:48:35 am »

I'm getting tired of the random cold snaps that have been going on here, but as soon as summer's in full swing I'll be wishing they come back.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: April 09, 2021, 07:13:21 am »

If there's one thing living in Florida all my life has taught me, it's to treasure every moment of cold tolerable weather we get. I might complain about the effects it has on rain and allergies, but never, never about the cold itself. Every single second of the cool time is precious and fleeting, never an imposition and always welcome.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: April 09, 2021, 09:35:46 am »

If there's one thing living in Florida all my life has taught me, it's to treasure every moment of cold tolerable weather we get. I might complain about the effects it has on rain and allergies, but never, never about the cold itself. Every single second of the cool time is precious and fleeting, never an imposition and always welcome.

We got ice for the first time in like a decade here, and it's the first time I didn't have bad allergies. You forget how nice it is not to continually have a headache and be able to breathe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: April 11, 2021, 02:22:42 am »

I wish the damned interned wouldn't go out every time we have a storm or high wind, wasn't able to do shit online yesterday because of that crap.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: April 11, 2021, 09:50:44 pm »

I'm super-weepy today, I haven't gotten very much done. I bet tomorrow will be better but tonight I am kind of upset for no really good reason.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: April 13, 2021, 09:43:14 pm »

"Fun" things you realize too late:
Input #0, yuv4mpegpipe, from 'big_buck_bunny_480p24.y4m':
  Duration: 00:09:56.46, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 97322 kb/s
  Stream #0:0: Video: rawvideo (I420 / 0x30323449), yuv420p(progressive), 704x480, SAR 5760:4739 DAR 8448:4739, 24 fps, 24 tbr, 24 tbn, 24 tbc

Code: [Select]
704x480, SAR 5760:4739 DAR 8448:4739
Code: [Select]
SAR 5760:4739 DAR 8448:4739
Motherfuckers over at the Blender Foundation rendered this thing with a storage aspect ratio that's different from the display aspect ratio. I'm not at all sure what the storage aspect ratio is, but the display aspect ratio is basically 16:9. Ugh. This seems like something for the DVD release. Eh, at least I can probably change the flags or something, considering I'm using MKV.

I've just accepted my lot in life at this point; just using command-line stuff just to do all this nonsense.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 09:49:44 pm by methylatedspirit »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: April 13, 2021, 10:12:47 pm »

I went into my fridge to look for beer and screamed bc a chicken was in there. Like... ofc there was a chicken in there. But I forgot. and I screamed like a little girl. It's a first.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: April 13, 2021, 10:48:53 pm »

I literally don't remember who it was, but either me or my mom did basically that once, except instead of a chicken it was an owl. She had roadkilled one and stuck the body in a freezer for reasons I don't recall, then it slipped the mind for a bit and one of us opened the thing to the sight of unexpected iced owl corpse.

... not sure if that helps any considering the significantly different circumstances, but maybe?
Ask not!
Ask!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: April 13, 2021, 10:53:41 pm »

I literally don't remember who it was, but either me or my mom did basically that once, except instead of a chicken it was an owl. She had roadkilled one and stuck the body in a freezer for reasons I don't recall, then it slipped the mind for a bit and one of us opened the thing to the sight of unexpected iced owl corpse.

... not sure if that helps any considering the significantly different circumstances, but maybe?

It certainly has the same surprise mechanism.

...Also, how do you run over an owl?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: April 13, 2021, 10:55:58 pm »

It's probably more of a bonk than a thump.

Ogh, I'd probably lose it if that happened to me, I'm a bit phobic of carcasses. I hope never to have to keep the spooky remains of some dinosaur analogue in my fridge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: April 13, 2021, 11:00:08 pm »

Can't recall which it was, but it either got hit swooping on something, or was in the road for some reason and got light blinded then hit, one of those two. Want to say the latter but it was a good twenty plus years ago, so, y'know. Pretty sure it was coming around a curve or somethin'.

Didn't get hit hard -- the body was in remarkably good condition, all things considered -- but it was enough to kill it, unfortunately. Was one of those bigass owls, too, not one of the small breeds. Laws might have been broken taking it home, I'unno.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:02:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: April 13, 2021, 11:10:21 pm »

Ogh, I'd probably lose it if that happened to me, I'm a bit phobic of carcasses. I hope never to have to keep the spooky remains of some dinosaur analogue in my fridge.

Me neither, but when life knocks you gotta answer.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: April 14, 2021, 12:45:04 am »

My aunt used to keep pet guinea pig corpses in the freezer indefinitely ... because she was scared to bury them on land which might change hands, so someone could plant raspberry bushes that would receive nourishment from their bodies someday.

If I remember correctly she eventually moved and switched to rats, which she had autopsied and cremated.

No, she was not an especially rich woman. Just especially nuts.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: April 14, 2021, 07:01:44 am »

She should have just sunk them in a bog. Never rotting, ever preserved, in the long embrace of the breathless depths.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 779