Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859737 times)

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11325 on: November 06, 2023, 03:22:00 am »

More link rot incoming as Discord makes external file links to Discord content temporary. No more Discord CDN.
The latter. Files within a server will remain indefinitely and can be viewed by anyone in said server, but any links posted to services outside of Discord will only work for a short time.
Does this work?
  • Copy cdn.discordapp.com URL.
  • Archive URL with archive.org or archive.is.
  • Use archived link instead.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: November 06, 2023, 03:22:47 am »

Okay that's actually very smart.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: November 06, 2023, 11:16:12 am »

Welp, rip convenient image hosting. But it's understandable given how much space it must have taken up.

It is not space, it is bandwidth
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: November 06, 2023, 01:36:54 pm »

It is one of the things that I honestly think should be nationalized (file hosting). Private providers fail too frequently leading to loss of data and there is no quick standardized way to manage transfer between providers either.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: November 06, 2023, 03:58:01 pm »

That sounds cool, but I don't think any state wants to hold onto your 12.4tb of ecchi/photos of scantily clad women, or even photos of your dogs, or favorite memes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11330 on: November 06, 2023, 04:32:23 pm »

Can't download the latest BG3 update because literally any interruption to the download on Steam will reset the game's progress completely. It's a 90gb download, and I pull 500kb/s. It comes out to over two days assuming my internet doesn't slow down.

I got 55% of the way through, had one, ONE misclick and lost it all.

It wouldn't be near as much of a problem if I didn't have other people in the house who actually like the idea of using the internet and not having me hog the whole connection.

I've given up on the idea of playing it over reading week. By the time it's downloaded I'll get a couple of days at most.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: November 06, 2023, 04:37:17 pm »

Ahaha, the good old dialup experience, just, uh. Not dialup. Ha.

Brings back memories, though. Once, I had something (iirc, it was all of like a demo for one of the age of wonders games, or something like that, way back when it first released) manage to hang on for like a full week... and then lose connection, and the whole goddamn week's worth of downloading with it.

I don't remember if there was tears, but there was almost certainly whatever breadth of vulgarity younger frumple was equipped with :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: November 06, 2023, 05:19:29 pm »

[Super delayed double posy how??]
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: November 07, 2023, 05:22:26 pm »

That feeling when you find out past you made a problem for current you and intermediary you had forgotten about it.

Not a major one, but an hour drive into morning rush traffic of a city >10x the size of your entire county starting at <when you usually wake up>, while still recovering from a covid booster shot, is definitely a "future me's problem is now" situation. Some fairness to past me, they didn't know about the recovery thing, but the rest of it? Blech. Handling appointments in areas a timezone and significant urban buildup away can be rough.

Apparently the only times that would be really good for me are also good for everyone else making appointments, which means there's usually only times... not :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: November 08, 2023, 02:06:35 pm »

Don't default to steam anymore! Check if it's on GOG or if there are actually any conveniences to owning it on steam (friends).

Never heard about a problem like that where you had to do the download in one go on steam, but GOG should have offline installers which come in pieces of 4,2gb usually, then you can have your library grab it and use it and update it normally but also, they do pack the updates as offline installers too, most of the time.
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: November 11, 2023, 04:26:57 am »

I miss Naturegirl.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: November 11, 2023, 06:51:13 am »

I'm upset with rockstar/taketwo and how bad modding is general in GTA5...

I just want a gangster roguelike but I can't hack it :(, imagine how cool this would be:

-All online content, including vehicles and businesses all available for purchase on the map AND the ingame smartphone, with the insurance and the mechanic and all that stuff.
-Working missions for the businesses.
-All vehicles can spawn randomly (I have most, but I'm not meeting any oppressors in traffic, I want it to be really silly).
-When you die you are reborn as a random ped with 0$ all weapons and properties removed.
-Sprinkle in gang warfare for good measure (this I have, but it's not great gangs evolve super fast, an hour after reset you will be swarmed with assault rifles)

And if I could have the VR mod that got deleted on top of it all it would be so great. I mean just the fact that you die and respawn with nothing would make every single police chase meaningfull.

Like it's all there, yet you're not allowed to play it the way you want, no it also updates frequently to break any attempt at doing truely great mods, all you're allowed is a soulsucking grind on the toxic gtaonline, buy sharkcards peasant.

pfff I even struggle to find a mod that deletes money, all they have is a 76 ways to add money -.--
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 06:59:26 am by dragdeler »
let

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: November 13, 2023, 03:00:57 am »

Before, when I was googling "something something wikipedia" entirely in english, it gave me result on russian wikipedia, then on english. Now it gives me result on russian wikipedia, then on ukrainian. Gee, thanks. Searching directly from en wikipedia it is.
Also, jackasses leaving negative steam reviews for "no russian" have now partially switched to "no ukranian". For god's sake, I haven't even SEEN an unkranian game translation before 2022, official or otherwise. Which implies that nobody cared for either making or having one before 2022, and rush into them is only about making a statement. Although, me not seeing it doesn't mean it didn't exist.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 03:25:02 am by MCreeper »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: November 14, 2023, 10:43:31 pm »

Been two months since I started on minoxidil. I tried once a day because it's £60-70 for three months supplies, and people have reported good results on once rather than twice. Not me though, no results at all. Now I'm heading onto twice a day and I'll see if that works to give me my hair... not back, it's mostly still there just ultra fine and blonde. Make it un-male-pattern-not-quite-baldnessed.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11339 on: November 15, 2023, 07:01:30 am »

Been two months since I started on minoxidil. I tried once a day because it's £60-70 for three months supplies, and people have reported good results on once rather than twice. Not me though, no results at all. Now I'm heading onto twice a day and I'll see if that works to give me my hair... not back, it's mostly still there just ultra fine and blonde. Make it un-male-pattern-not-quite-baldnessed.
I will pray you wake up with thick and luscious locks
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 779