Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 74110 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #390 on: March 16, 2016, 05:13:13 pm »

Gaze at the Dice of Order. 
"It doesn't bode anything good... "

Order Tec to protect Anna at all cost whatever may happen, even though Anna self-defense skills are probably far higher than mines.  Investigate the place to see if it is suitable to make it our new home.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 16, 2016, 06:02:14 pm »

Earth-shape some fancy seige machines.

Then summon a rocks twice.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 16, 2016, 10:02:58 pm »

Conjure an incredibly powerful magic barrier.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 17, 2016, 03:30:46 am »

Start doing so.  Create a new (female, because why not) human, one skilled in magic.  They should like me.
Why not indeed. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, but did that ever stop any famous mages? It may have stopped some, but those never became famous.

5. A really beautiful specimen materializes on the ground front of you. Jet black hair, tan complexion, very healthy appearance. Plus high grade clothing.
4. She breathes in sharply and opens her deep green eyes. She touches her arms, face, body and ground beneath her to confirm her existance. She smiles, sits up and bows deeply at you. "Thank you my lord, for granting me this life."

((They are Small Floating Semi-Clear Eyes that I can Now send to Search for something))
I Send my Magic Eye Spys To find out where Dustan's Dice went, While Cooking Dinner.
[4+1] The eyes dart around seeking for a pouch of magical dice. It doesn't take long for them to find it. Apparently it is in posession of some peasant, as far as you can tell. Then the eyes are punched backwards by invisible force, which makes you question whether it really was a peasant.

[2+1] It's less a dinner and more a midnight snacking. And you forgot to add spices, so taste is rather bland.

Gaze at the Dice of Order. 
"It doesn't bode anything good... "

Order Tec to protect Anna at all cost whatever may happen, even though Anna self-defense skills are probably far higher than mines.  Investigate the place to see if it is suitable to make it our new home.

The dice are stubborn in their prediction of chaos. Shit's gonna happen, then it is good again for a while, and then you really will be walking in neck deep manure. Anna spied the Dice over your shoulder. "I think you should stay away from magic now. I don't want to end as a widow only after one night."

You walk around the wall and discover following: It is circular, 80 meters diameter. It has no openings of any kind. The tree you burned seems to have sprouted fiery offspring. You can see glow of the fire all they way here.

Earth-shape some fancy seige machines.

Then summon a rocks twice.

[2+2] Some stones on the ground expand and transform into a catapult, ballista and trebuchet.

3. Small rock appears on your hand.
2. Bucketful of water falls on you, completely drenching your clothers. It's cold night, so you may want to make a fire and get yourself dry. A glance over the walls informs you that there's fire readily available on outside. Bunch of embers float to the sky in distance, a pillar of smoke lit by hidden fire.

Conjure an incredibly powerful magic barrier.
5. You manifest a mobile barrier, which you can place anywhere you want and pick it up whenever you so wish. You can also define what it protects against, and right now you set it on against those pesky floating eyeballs invading your personal space. The barrier expands rapidly pushing them away from you.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 17, 2016, 05:00:30 am »

"...Well, I don't think I've got any lordships at the moment, but you're welcome nonetheless.  Hello.  What's your name?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 17, 2016, 05:54:20 am »

"I agree with you, I realized after the near-death experience with the Monolith that my happiness was achieved the moment you were born. But I can't stop having the terrible feeling that if I try to flee, magic will find a way to find me. After all, as long as I will have this cursed Dice of Order, I will be bound to magic."

A forest fire. It couldn't be worse, we will never be able to escape a forest fire without magic.
Gaze at the Dice with dejection, cursing it for its fickleness.

"Anna, get back and try to find a way inside. Do not approach me, I will stop the fire."

Firmly grasp the Dice, and shout high toward the sky for magic to extinguish the rising fire.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 17, 2016, 06:33:06 am »

I cast "Conjure Mage and wife" in an attempt to save nakéen and his new wife, and "Improve meal" so something edible is around.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 17, 2016, 08:22:46 am »

If the crazy person outside my wall hasn't teleported away by now, carry him and his companion away with an earth-shaped hand. He can hurt himself, sure, but I'd rather he not do it that spectacularly that close to my house.

Earth-shape him a shelter by way of apology.

If he's gone, earth-shape a gigantic humanoid statue instead.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 17, 2016, 12:20:27 pm »

"...Well, I don't think I've got any lordships at the moment, but you're welcome nonetheless.  Hello.  What's your name?"
"I have no name, but if your lordship sees it fit to grant me a name I will gladly accept it and call it mine."

"I agree with you, I realized after the near-death experience with the Monolith that my happiness was achieved the moment you were born. But I can't stop having the terrible feeling that if I try to flee, magic will find a way to find me. After all, as long as I will have this cursed Dice of Order, I will be bound to magic."

A forest fire. It couldn't be worse, we will never be able to escape a forest fire without magic.
Gaze at the Dice with dejection, cursing it for its fickleness.

"Anna, get back and try to find a way inside. Do not approach me, I will stop the fire."

Firmly grasp the Dice, and shout high toward the sky for magic to extinguish the rising fire.

Dice is merely convenient way to peer into future of otherwise unpredictable Chaos. It stares into abyss on your behalf and abyss doesn't stare back.

"Please, don't endanger yourself in vain!" Anna pleads, but you ignore her request and order Tec to pull her away from you. You have a job to do. Potentially dangerous job.

1. The dice pouch firmly in your grip you raise you hand and weave the spell. However as you do so, it unravels and transforms into something completely different. A small whirlwind of fire emerges from the smoke pillar, whipping around and kindling more trees, soon followed by great ball of fire attached to the fire tornado. Odd unnatural sound emerges from it.

Seems like you have summoned fire elemental or something of kind. And then you two are teleported to crazyabe's kitchen. Seems like he's in process of making a meal with magic, but actively failing. Tec was left behind... You knew you could trust your best friend to save your ass, but he could have also saved your golem made out of flammable materials.

I cast "Conjure Mage and wife" in an attempt to save nakéen and his new wife, and "Improve meal" so something edible is around.
That's oddly specific spell.
4. Just as he makes situation worse you whisk him and his wife away from trouble and hope someone else will deal with it. Nakéen and Anna both appear in your kitchen suprised.

2. Your food doesn't improve at all. On a contrary, it turns into unpleasant color. Meat is blue, salad is rotten brown, cheese is red with black dots, and butter has multicolored stripes all over. Well, it's only color. Could be worse.

If the crazy person outside my wall hasn't teleported away by now, carry him and his companion away with an earth-shaped hand. He can hurt himself, sure, but I'd rather he not do it that spectacularly that close to my house.

Earth-shape him a shelter by way of apology.

If he's gone, earth-shape a gigantic humanoid statue instead.

It seems he summoned angry fire monster and left it for you to deal with. Can't say you are too happy with this development.

[1+2] Can't say this newest statue is gigantic or even humanoid. Certainly it's taller than you and vertical, and if you squit your eyes you think you can see outline of bipedal higher order primate in it.

You have four problems here. In order of importance; fire monster, forest fire, wet clothes and sand in groin. Fire will negate the issue with clothes if you give it some time, but rest ain't going to fix themselves.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2016, 12:32:22 pm »

Earth-shape a huge hand and use it to smother the fire monster.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2016, 01:28:15 pm »

"Where...are we ? Crazyabe ? Did you save us ? I can't thank you enough."

Ask him what will be his goal now. As for us, the town is currently too dangerous for us, and we would like to start a new life. Oh, and also warn him about my floating house, I don't know if the AAWS is still in there. If it isn't, it may be close or not...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 17, 2016, 01:41:35 pm »

"I Have a Fairly Good Idea, Why don't you cast The Spell 'Morken Dorth's Hidden Mansion' In here?"
I Say While Casting the Spells "Recolor Food" and "Revert Hair".
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 17, 2016, 01:53:05 pm »

"Morken Dorth Hidden Mansion" ?... I don't know what this is, but it's the least I could do after you saved me."
Cast the spell 'Morken Dorth's Hidden Mansion', whatever it may be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 17, 2016, 02:39:35 pm »

"Please, you needn't use an honorific.  My name will be fine.  As for your name, how does...Laudata sound?  Have you a preference?

For that matter, we should probably come up with a plan for what to do next...Can't stay here all night.  Well I guess we could but I don't see why we should at the moment.  What do you want to do?"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:54:29 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 17, 2016, 04:11:59 pm »

"Morken Dorth Hidden Mansion" ?... I don't know what this is, but it's the least I could do after you saved me."
Cast the spell 'Morken Dorth's Hidden Mansion', whatever it may be.
You assume I know what that spell does.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33