Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 106950 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #405 on: April 03, 2020, 09:49:24 am »

Suddenly the game has become unplayable for me... some sort of horrendous memory leak has left it lagging and stuttering as soon as I boot it up. Welp.... back to Mordhau I guess.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 03, 2020, 10:02:23 am »

Been thinking of Mordhau. In terms of multiplayer medieval combat, it seems to blow Bannerlord out of the water. Granted Bannerlord is less irreverent and there's certainly a market for that. But BL MP looks wooden and stodgy compared to Mordhau as a MP game.

Been enjoying my romp around Battania. With how close all the cities and villages are, it seems like an ideal place to trade and work your way up. I too have found some crazy trade relationships (making 500 denars for half a day's ride until one city runs out of stock.)

Also seems like maybe there's some general truths about nations as it relates to the goods they produce or want? Battania seems really high in raw materials and food, but really low in finished goods. 11 Denars for Cheese where it's selling for 100 denars + down south.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 03, 2020, 10:12:58 am »

Yea different nation's starting regions have different resource availability, there's even a pretty good steam guide on it (one of the trading ones).

And yea... Bannerlord's MP is trash... in my opinion, it's a big step DOWN from warband--I hate the class system and limited options and I hate matchmaking in general.

In terms of trading mostly I just make charcoal and melt down weapons, 2000-3000 denar profits on good days. It was day ~200 before my game pretty much stopped working, and I already had two workshops and just became a Southern Empire vassal.

EDIT: also do yourselves a favor and pick up the Full XP Tournaments mod.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 10:14:57 am by Urist McScoopbeard »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 03, 2020, 01:33:30 pm »

Suddenly the game has become unplayable for me... some sort of horrendous memory leak has left it lagging and stuttering as soon as I boot it up. Welp.... back to Mordhau I guess.

Today's patch is reportedly fixing this sort of issue for most players.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 03, 2020, 01:58:58 pm »

My throwing axes now make Invalid type damage
Love, scriver~

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 03, 2020, 02:17:00 pm »

Judging by the reactions so far, I'm glad that I'm waiting for this to come out of early access.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 03, 2020, 02:22:33 pm »

Meh, early access is developmental, after all. I got both Warband and the original M&B before they were finished too
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 03, 2020, 02:49:04 pm »

Same here. The experiences between all of them have been remarkably similar.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 03, 2020, 03:32:40 pm »

Today's patch is reportedly fixing this sort of issue for most players.

Still lagging horribly, maybe it's something on my end.

But yea, EA and all that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 03, 2020, 03:54:38 pm »

I can't tell if this reddit thread is hilarious or terrifying.

Spoiler: in short (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 03, 2020, 04:03:52 pm »

That's CKII levels of meme right there. I love it.

ALSO, I found out that my game was exploding because apparently Bannerlord stopped recognizing my GPU after a certain period of time for some reason.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 03, 2020, 07:49:36 pm »

One thing that's irking me a bit is that there still seems to be certain sweet spots for party size. 20-30 is a good size for dealing with bandits of most types, 70+ for nobles... but 30-60 of mixed-skill troops never quite feels like enough for the big fish while being too big for the small fish.

In Warband I felt mods usually did a good job at filling that gap. Any suggestions on that for Bannerlord yet?

Edit: On mercenary pay, the paltry sum also seems to be a daily income. Only pays for a tiny number of troops, though...

The solution is to fight minor faction nobles. They fit the gap nicely and can fill out your coffers insanely quickly by ransoming their noble and high tier troops. Plus they give much better armor drops compared to looters and bandits.

In other news I've got 5 caravans, 3 workshops, and 153k denars in the bank. I've got making money down pat but I'm struggling to actually get any fiefs. Seems impossible to get rewarded a fief even if I took it because of the new voting system. I just can't gather enough influence on my own to vote anything in. Seems like the taker of the fief should get a large bonus to the vote at the very least.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 03, 2020, 08:10:43 pm »

I'll confess to having a hard time identifying who is who (tbh I haven't tried much because I've been focusing on the early game w/o getting involved in anyone's wars.) I assume any minor faction noble belongs to one of the nations, based on their banners, so attacking one of them is the same as acting the nation, no?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 03, 2020, 08:23:08 pm »

So... Mountain Bandits. The Battanian variety.

They seem a tad bit tough....

3 of them managed to kill 6 and injure 2 versus a 114 army + my band of 16 in autobattle.
The 114 army is just some random noble I happened to be near.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 03, 2020, 08:54:44 pm »

I'll confess to having a hard time identifying who is who (tbh I haven't tried much because I've been focusing on the early game w/o getting involved in anyone's wars.) I assume any minor faction noble belongs to one of the nations, based on their banners, so attacking one of them is the same as acting the nation, no?

Incorrect. There are clans which are not aligned with any of the major factions. These guys run around the map with their warband fighting against major factions and recruiting soldiers just like the player. They may have names like "Vaols of the Ember" or "Istus Karakhergait" or "Pippin of the Woodsfolk" and they will only mention a clan and a culture alignment when you mouse over them.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62