Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48428 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2016, 05:52:27 pm »

LET'S GO.

Go with Clunkers. Find somewhere near the ambush site that I can nestle in, and pick off people with my blowpipe. Continue to use my bowls as armor.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 18, 2016, 08:34:00 pm »

Hom:

Follow Clunkers.
"Hum de doe de dee de doo de hmm hm *mumble hum mumble*"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 18, 2016, 09:07:40 pm »

Cho Ja

Hide somewhere nearby, count how many mercs I can see and attempt to identify, but not use, a path I can take to get closer without being detected.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2016, 09:29:39 pm »

Just sharpen the branches then after stripping them of their bark. Head on with Blintzcrank clunkers
Several sharpened branches alter ...

Hom:

Follow Clunkers.
"Hum de doe de dee de doo de hmm hm *mumble hum mumble*"
teamward ho!

Solam Kobemtosed

"Hold on a moment, let me get ready."
Swap to the orc's armor, hang bag of brains on something, follow Pancaek.
the armor is heavy, but manageable. it's gonna make movement a tad awkward though.

"Statement: COme on, are we going to stand here chipping away at a stick and munching brains, or are we going to attack those mercs and complete the mission? This one does not wish to go attack them on its own, but this one thinks we really need to get a move one"

If both of these jokers don't want toget a move on, just go to their projected route of attack myself. Maybe they'll be fairly friendly?
I'm sure there's always room in a mercenary band for one more reliable sociopath.

LET'S GO.

Go with Clunkers. Find somewhere near the ambush site that I can nestle in, and pick off people with my blowpipe. Continue to use my bowls as armor.
Alright one you go.

Okay, so the five of you hurry to get ahead of the mercs, crossing the ridge and going into the valley north of where you think they might be, looking for a good ambush point.What you find instead is a herd ofthose piglizards the goblins raise, along with about four shepherds. They are on a rocky slope on the north side of a valley with a small stream running through it. a smaller valley connecting to this one but heading northward contains their current camp, with several other goblins, including some small children fighting and pulling a dog's tail. Kids, eh? From the look of it, the mercs would find this place, coming over the ridge to the south and seeing the herds across the valley. You would have to set up soemwhere on the south ridge or beyond to prevent them from finding the herd.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cho Ja

Hide somewhere nearby, count how many mercs I can see and attempt to identify, but not use, a path I can take to get closer without being detected.

you count at least twelve in attendance. The area is overgrown, and some ofthe mercsare in the process of clearing the slopes ofhe fort so as to have line of sight all around, but clearly they didn't except any invasions here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2016, 10:22:51 pm »

Move around the ridge going south staying out of sight of the mercs
I'll move to a hidden position down the road
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:43:40 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2016, 02:40:35 pm »

"Statement: This one will go and warn the goblins, hopefully they can move away from our ambush point.
Query: This one could try to stand in the open as if it was scanning minerals from the river, perhaps to create a diversion so that we can either send them the wrong way, or allow the rest of you to flank more easily. Should this one attempt such a thing, or do you think we should all just attack from hiding at once?"

Go warn the goblins that mercs are coming from the south and they should move the other way, drop the name of that shaman of theirs if they don't immediatly believe me. Then join up with the rest of the team.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2016, 07:45:27 pm »

Hom:

Look for some good places to hide, in anticipation of having to soon fire on approaching mercenaries. Maybe some rough terrain to the side of their expected path to the goblins?

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2016, 08:12:26 pm »

Solam

Try to fill in a hiding spot Hom points out.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2016, 10:08:09 pm »

THAT WOULD BE USEFUL. THE REST OF US SHALL FIND ADEQUATE HIDING SPOTS, SO THAT WE CAN ATTACK AT THE OPTIMAL TIME.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU, UNDEAD ONE- WHAT WAS YOUR NAME AGAIN? YOU CHARGE THE MERCS, WHILE THE ARMORED LAD AND I FIRE FROM SAFETY.

Find a good place to find, probably on the south ridge. I should be positioned such that I can fire at Clunkers' position without risking immediate melee combat. If the fight begins down next turn: As soon as the fight commences, flood the pain receptors of the enemy nearest to Clunkers (or, if they're mounted, their steed).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2016, 07:18:02 am »

zzz

Jack waits, his shadow unmoving, for nightfall, reminiscing fondly of the time that he tortured that wagon dude.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2016, 08:10:00 am »

the mercs will arrive likely either next round or the one after, from the calculations and farseeing done so far.

Move around the ridge going south staying out of sight of the mercs
I'll move to a hidden position down the road
You head over the ridge and take up a position overlooking the southern slope. You don't have a full view of the slope, so you could miss the mercs if they take a different route, but you probably wouldn't be seen.

"Statement: This one will go and warn the goblins, hopefully they can move away from our ambush point.
Query: This one could try to stand in the open as if it was scanning minerals from the river, perhaps to create a diversion so that we can either send them the wrong way, or allow the rest of you to flank more easily. Should this one attempt such a thing, or do you think we should all just attack from hiding at once?"

Go warn the goblins that mercs are coming from the south and they should move the other way, drop the name of that shaman of theirs if they don't immediatly believe me. Then join up with the rest of the team.
Yu approach the goblins on the north side of the valley, but they shy away from you, keeping you out of a stone's throw distance. At best, you shout at them that they are in danger, and call out the shaman's name to them. It is hard to tell if they got your message. You make haste to the south side, crossing the stream and getting to the top of the ridge. You find a spot where you can see the ridgeline and Arileth, but you can not see the slope the mercs might come up. You can at least tell when they are within the circle of your teammates though, or if they bypassed your position completely.

Hom:

Look for some good places to hide, in anticipation of having to soon fire on approaching mercenaries. Maybe some rough terrain to the side of their expected path to the goblins?
you move along further east from Clunkers' position, and find a spot at teh end of a line of brambles overlooking a clear wooded path. the mercs will likely pass below you and to the west toward Clunkers' position, but they could go elsewhere.

Solam

Try to fill in a hiding spot Hom points out.
you follow Hom up to the lower end of the ridge, and then make your way down below him to a patch of rocky ground where you crouch down near a game trail. You'll probably be the first in line against the mercs at this point.

THAT WOULD BE USEFUL. THE REST OF US SHALL FIND ADEQUATE HIDING SPOTS, SO THAT WE CAN ATTACK AT THE OPTIMAL TIME.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU, UNDEAD ONE- WHAT WAS YOUR NAME AGAIN? YOU CHARGE THE MERCS, WHILE THE ARMORED LAD AND I FIRE FROM SAFETY.

Find a good place to find, probably on the south ridge. I should be positioned such that I can fire at Clunkers' position without risking immediate melee combat. If the fight begins down next turn: As soon as the fight commences, flood the pain receptors of the enemy nearest to Clunkers (or, if they're mounted, their steed).
You find a perfect position, overlooking both the ridge, Clunkers' and the various approaches. You climb a tree and blend naturally into the branches, unseen even by Clunkers below you.

Code: [Select]

N                  \_____
           W+E               A          \___
            S                              T \
                                              C\___
                             *>                     \
                                                    H\
                                               ^  S   \___
                                               *            \     

the letters are your initials and location. the * are the two most likely approaches of the mercs, though there is a chance they will bypass you guys to the south and east. the ^ and > are the directions tehy would be traveling if they come that way. The lines are the ridgeline. You are currently spread out a tad much ,so that Hom can support Solam and see Clunkers, while Terrance could support Arileth, Clunkers, and Hom, and Clunkers could support Hom or Terrance. To support anyone else would take an extra round. You can attempt to reposition, but might get caught moving if the mercs show up next round. Questions? I'll try to answer any in time for you to post before the next round.

These next rolls are gonna be fun for me.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 06:57:07 am by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2016, 08:16:48 am »

sit and wait for mercs to pass me before stepping out behind them and stabbing at them
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2016, 01:28:32 pm »

Solam

Wait for the mercs to speak to Clunkers. If violence happens, charge at the closest merc.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2016, 05:51:00 pm »

Question: Could you maybe make the map legible? The text is displayed monospaced but you must've composed it otherwise since the spacing is all wonky. Or maybe it's intentional and the ridge is kinda discontinuous?

Hom:

Sit tight, prepare for magicking. If dudes come from an approach near me, stay hidden and hope they get lured by teammates further along. If they approach from closer to the northwestern team members, I'll poke my head above the bushes and bellow for attention, to lure them past my teammates.

((didn't realize we wouldn't have more prep time, so could I maybe assume I could retroactively suggest this idea to the others?  Not necessarily that we've conferred and agreed on a plan, just that I proposed it. Thankee))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 05:53:13 pm by Moopli »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2016, 06:13:44 pm »

((Yeaah, I'm really having to wonder about how you made that map.  It's clear you didn't type it up in a monospaced editor, but it's even weirder than that.  "W+E" has six more spaces behind it than "N", when you'd expect less.   "S" has even more, yet the three lines before the last are all lined up nicely.  I don't think that collection of characters wouldn't look logical in any editor.

What program do you use for writing OL posts, Oz?  If you're not terribly attached to it, might I recommend you use Notepad++?  It's free, and is one of the best text editors for Windows.  NP++ was a godsend when I ran a Perplexicon game, years ago.))

Uh.  Knife is waiting, I guess.  I should have put more thought into the timeframe...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37