Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48358 times)

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2016, 10:36:08 am »

Hom:
Make a turtle noise (a toothless, soft huh or something) and waddle forward, poking my head out of the brush to look at them.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2016, 12:54:35 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Shamble out, following Hom. Act as if I were mindless. Notably by shambling randomly and muttering "Brains".

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2016, 04:26:29 pm »

Nice Knife

I'm going to assume I have a good rapport with my current wielder (Who I've named Blastel).  If I don't, just buff Mordred's magic a bit without doing anything else, but try not to make it apparent to my wielder.  If I do have a decent rapport, tell him the below:

<Blastel, leave it alive.  The presence of such a confident and well armed individual implies there's something important to learn.  Just let me work on him.  But be ready if he rebels>

If Blastel obeys, speak the below into Mordred's mind:

<My, you're a fine specimen, aren't you?  A bit foolhardy, but I can work with that--you'll make a vastly better host than that simpering fool.  They're going to kill you, you know, but I can save you.  All you need to do is Let Me In>

If Mordred doesn't let me in, buff his magic.  If he does let me in, do the stuff in the below spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2016, 04:37:21 pm »

((Two characters at once HAX ADMIN pls Ban.
Also, smells like another sneaky bastard demon.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2016, 04:42:54 pm »

((Yeah am I missing something here? Aren't you in the wedding thread, syv?))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2016, 04:44:09 pm »

((Supposedly, I'm getting two characters for a single mission as a reward for helping people out with the obtuse character creation system.  In reality, I think Ozark's just being nice and he wants me to keep playing Dar'yajira.  Also, this character is exceptionally passive, what with being completely inanimate, so it's not too terrible.

And yeah, sneaky demon bastard sums it up pretty well.  I was kinda surprised when you posted your char, because I had already secretly worked out mine with the GM, and they're both pretty similar in several ways.  Very different in a few important areas, but their overall personalities are near identical.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2016, 05:18:13 pm »

<My, you're a fine specimen, aren't you?  A bit foolhardy, but I can work with that--you'll make a vastly better host than that simpering fool.  They're going to kill you, you know, but I can save you.  All you need to do is Let Me In>

I'm not going to ask what are you. What I am going to ask you, is to promise me power. I need to hear that promise again. And Nether help you if you don't keep your promise.

Say "I promise you the entirety of my power if you let me in, Mordred." Say it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2016, 05:27:42 pm »

<Of course.  I promise you the entirety of my power if you let me in, Mordred.  But I expect your power to be shared in return>

Yes. I will share all I have, you have my word. Let's do this.

Scratch the previous action. Let the mysterious entity in.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:34:42 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2016, 02:53:13 pm »

Approach the woman slowly, hands up, dagger away and ask:
'Scuse me but I'm looking for a band of mercenaries? I have much need to talk to them, perhaps even on terms of employment.
A burnt, armed and armored elf walks into a barn where a woman, alone, is tending her business, with men off in the distance, and tries to look nonthreatening. At least your charisma is 0. Well, she looks up at the sound of your voice, screams, and kicks over her milk bucket jumping up and running around the cow to pick up a pitchfork. "Stay back! Stay back!"

That could have gone worse.

"Statement: This one was locked up in a magisters library for years. Compiling language catalogs."

Check my language catalogs with robot computing. Cross reference with the words the goblin just said to me. If no data is found, compile goblin language program from the snippets I've heard so far. MAGITEK SCIENCE HO!
nice use of backstory there. You manage to piece together a few snippets - just the basics at this point. You caught the words "metal man" and "slaughterers" in there. You remember a few goblin greetings, and decide to try one out, and they respond in kind. This seems to reduce the tension a touch, at any rate. "What want with us?" The big one says.

Again, with feeling!

That is, try reading ol' grisgris' emotions again.

there is definitely a strong sense of controlled fear coming from him at this point. it lessens a touch when Clunkers speaks goblin at them, but he is still quite wary. THe fear is not new - it is someting this goblin has lived with for a while at least, only heightened in your presence.

Keep watch on the camp for a few hours, watch who comes and goes, and what they're up to.
you see two troll thugs, two human fighter types, three ranger types, an elf with a slim sword, and one human officer. There is at least one other you don't see, and maybe more. the camp looks laid out for about three times as many, with at least enough activity for five more being present normally. You see a horsedrawn cart come up the trail to deliver food and some supplies, and a mechanical wagon walks over to it to be loaded, the n walks the load into the fort and delivers supplies to various stations. the horesdrawn is occupied by two men, who leave with the cart.

Cho Ja

Try to sneak within earshot without being detected.

You get close enough to hear the next interchanges between Clunkers, Terrance, and the goblins, though you didn't hear the previous one. No one calls out or runs away in surprise, so, far as you know, you were successful.

Hom:
Make a turtle noise (a toothless, soft huh or something) and waddle forward, poking my head out of the brush to look at them.
they react in mild surprise and amusement - the orc letting out a chuffing cough of a laugh, the elf smirking wryly, and the kobold rolls it's eyes and mutters, shaking it's staff a little.

Solam Kobemtosed

Shamble out, following Hom. Act as if I were mindless. Notably by shambling randomly and muttering "Brains".
And then, a zombie appears, and the amusement drains right out of their faces. Weapons come up, and you are ordered to drop yours. The kobold begins chanting.

<Of course.  I promise you the entirety of my power if you let me in, Mordred.  But I expect your power to be shared in return>

Yes. I will share all I have, you have my word. Let's do this.

Scratch the previous action. Let the mysterious entity in.
You let the entity in, and it does the following

Nice Knife

I'm going to assume I have a good rapport with my current wielder (Who I've named Blastel).  If I don't, just buff Mordred's magic a bit without doing anything else, but try not to make it apparent to my wielder.  If I do have a decent rapport, tell him the below:

<Blastel, leave it alive.  The presence of such a confident and well armed individual implies there's something important to learn.  Just let me work on him.  But be ready if he rebels>

If Blastel obeys, speak the below into Mordred's mind:

If Mordred doesn't let me in, buff his magic.  If he does let me in, do the stuff in the below spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Blastel lets you do your thing, and you drop Mordred's body to the ground dramatically, then stand and begin speaking. Blastel looks at you, nodding, but the other two are very suspicious. "What is this fool babbling about? Control? We have control here. Wait, how do you know Blastel? What kind of double cross is this?"
"I have a spell!" Blastel yells. "I ... I made him stop. it's all good. no double cross. would I do that?" he stammers in rapid succession. This does not appease the two of them, and the swordsman steps back from Mordred and puts his blade to Blastel's neck. "What are you playing at!" He says through clenched teeth. The bowman nocks another arrow and keeps it aimed steadily at Mordred.

As for Mordred, the gut wound is shallow and the knife is keeping it from bleeding out, but he still has the other wound as well, and now his sword is on the ground.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2016, 03:08:07 pm »

Blink at the woman before walking towards her, lowering the pitcher fork and handing her her milk bucket and say You dropped this miss...and being mean to an old burn victim trying to make a living, shame on you.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:24:11 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2016, 03:19:36 pm »

<I can't see what is your game with these men in front of us, but they are no friends of mine. Others who I came with, I will show you the way to as soon as I find some directions. But these maggos here drew my blood, so I want to slaughter them. I will tell you everything I know and lead you where you want afterwards.
Oh, and what do I call you?
>

Let the entity empower tekinsesis for now. Pull archer from his position. Then smash the archer into the swordsman. I expect them to drop their weapons in the moshing session. Lift them both in the air then and lightning them. Archer - deep fry carge, swordsman - excruciating pain charge.

Let the entity do its thing.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:21:19 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2016, 04:08:43 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Drop the sword, grab that bag of goblin heads.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2016, 04:37:07 pm »

Jack

Tail the cart for a bit, try to work out where they're getting supplies from.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2016, 06:19:34 pm »

Continue compiling as we speak, say the following meanwhile: "Translating: Shaman Del' Or ask Queen to help tribe. Queen send us to help."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37