Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48382 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2016, 07:12:36 am »

Jack

Did the cart definitely only deliver food and supplies, or could it have also been a shipment of money? Hidden in some crate, or perhaps in an unassuming bag?
Watch where the cart drivers rest. If I can get one of them alone, then quietly drift into it's room/tent.

Well, you never inspected the load. Could be anything in there. the two are offered lodging in the house, but one opts to sleep in the hayloft, so yo ucan go check him out. There's an outhouse too, and one visits that before bedtime as well.

Arileth
Offer to help her around the farm for free. Start by feed chickens and milking cow
You are talking with the woman, and the two men who were in the field show up behind you, sounding unhappy at your proximity to the woman. You turn. One of them is holding a scythe, the other has both a sickle and a threshing flail. the woman moves behind you, pulling her pitchfork up again and scurrying away toward the other end of the barn.

<Yes, go ahead and destroy them.  I expected too much from that little fool.>

Relinquish control, then buff Mordred's telekinesis as much as I can, in addition to what I've done so far.  I'm unsure if the knife has a mana pool or something, but shove all available mana into Mordred.
You attempt to buff Mordred's telekinesis, but the sudden shifts are tricky, and you can't quite get a firm grip on his power in order to fully support it. You manage to get some man a into him, but are unclear if it is helping or not.

Mordred

((I get the impression we fell out of dice's good graces. Although we are surviviтg being Boromir'd, so that's good.))

<It's time to act. They won't listen to us any longer.>

Okay, now we do it with force.
Take several steps backing away from the swordsman, simultaneously lifting my sword back to my hand with telekinesis and hurling the archer into the swordsman (also with telekinesis).
If that goes well, lift them in the air and start choking them remotely. I expect that to be entirely possible because of the newfound assistanse I have.

this is fewer actions than your previous stuck through actions, so has a better chance of succeeding. You pull the sword to yourself and it smacks int your hand like a professional baseball player's pitch. it stings and makes your fingers go numb. At the same time, you hurl the archer into the swordman, knocking both of them off the path into the bushes to the side. Unfortunately, you hurl yourself off the path to the other side at the same time, opening the wound in your gut a bit further and causing the bleeding to pick up a bit. You clutch your belly with your free hand and groan a bit. this combat is going exactly as planned, you are sure of it.

Cho Ja

continue hiding whilst diplomacy happens.

sneak over to their food supply if enough of them are distracted.

mmm. Boiled cabbage and goatsnake bits. The eyeballs look especially juicy.

Keep compiling, we're going to get fluent before long. Make sure to leave time for him to answer between each of the questions below

"Many attacks, frequent? Attackers, can describe? Families, you have safe hiding place?"
You reach mutual understanding and can speak reasonably normally. "Attacks started recently. they catch single families when they are away form the group, or grab piglizardkeepers while watching the flock. Only a few attacks so far, but a dozen or more have died. We cannot hide - they find our dens. besides we have our animals to tend, or th elong winter will kill us as shurely as the warriors do. We've gathered here and pooled our magic to defend ourselves, but we doubt our defenses will hold for long."

Solam Kobemtosed

Shamble back to my sword, and sheath it.
You do this. these guys seem like such fine fellows, don't they? You are sure you will be friends in no time, chasing goblins and eating brains. just like the old days when you had a master.

Hom:

((Hmm, we're kinda stuck now, if we leave they'll stop being affected by the whole calming magic and it'll be trouble))
Do I feel capable of magic-blasting them all while their backs are turned, at least enough to make the subsequent fight good odds for us? If so, follow them a bit, a few steps behind, and when Solam gets close enough to be ready for the fight, drop the calm aura, and blast them, Kobold highest priority, then woman, then orc.
You feel that this is within your skillset. Currently, Solam has wandered away and gathered up his weapon, and everyone is getting along so well. You feel no real urge to hurt these, your new friends.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2016, 07:51:38 am »

Arileth sighs "shame really, all I wanted to do was help out about here. Do my good deed of the day, now it seems that things are going to grow quite violent.  Just know, you two, that I'm willing to help you and am in no rush to fight, but if you do try something I can easily take both you down. So, are we going to get bloody, ore will we sit and  talk peacefully? "
Attack them and stab them in a nonlethal area if they try to harm me, if they don't talk to them and try and get a general ideal of the surrounding area and the location of any mercanary bands.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:00:37 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2016, 04:36:56 pm »

Nice Knife

<Careful, Demontouched.  The power will only grow stronger--do not lose control over it.>

Enhance his magic more!

Edit:If the fight is finished, start on the healing.  Slow and steady, assuming Mordred isn't at risk of dying immediately.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2016, 04:42:20 pm »

"Query: Please tell this one exactly what defences, magic and warriors you have.
Statement: More of our people are currently scouting the Mercenary's positions, so we can come up with a concrete plan to your problem.
Query: If you have anything you wish to say or ask to this one, please do not hesitate."

Keep compiling, we're close to being fluent I think. Also translate for teammembers if they wish to ask anything.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2016, 05:13:55 pm »

Mordred

Pull all the arrows, broken and not, from the quiver of the archer, and shove them deliberately with immense force (point-blanc) into the bodies of my offenders, y'know, St. Sebastian them. I assume there will be no active resistance after that.

If so, then treat my wounds to the extent of my ability. Search the bodies for money and other valuables. Smear the Omega symbol with blood on each corpse (use corpse's blood, not mine). Cut the word "THUG" on their foreheads. After that, pick the sword swordsman ought to drop at some point and pin him high on a tree some place by the road. Chop the hand from the previous host of entity - Blastel, was he - grill it with my lightning and chow down, gotta feed the body of mine. Walk down the road I was going before the attack, cooperating with my new ally to heal or at least stop bleeding and such.
Seek medical attention if need be, which I feel might be the case.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:34:54 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2016, 09:13:01 pm »

Drift into the hayloft where one is sleeping. Shift into the form of an Orc, complete with a big sword. Try to look similar to a merc (not one in particular, wear their uniform or whatever.)
If I can't take the form of a non-human, just do a buff Human.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2016, 09:49:18 pm »

Hom:

((I like what you've done with my action, the friendliness is a lot more fun))
Try to lead my new friends off into the underbrush to meet my other friends. Do so by waddling a bit into the bushes, turning my head back at them, and making some turtle noises. If they refuse to follow, give up and just follow them at a few paces distance for a little. Maybe exude a bit of an aura of curiousness if that doesn't seem to tax me too much atop the friendliness.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2016, 11:23:47 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Follow my new friends.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2016, 07:16:58 am »

Arileth sighs "shame really, all I wanted to do was help out about here. Do my good deed of the day, now it seems that things are going to grow quite violent.  Just know, you two, that I'm willing to help you and am in no rush to fight, but if you do try something I can easily take both you down. So, are we going to get bloody, ore will we sit and  talk peacefully? "
Attack them and stab them in a nonlethal area if they try to harm me, if they don't talk to them and try and get a general ideal of the surrounding area and the location of any mercanary bands.
"Get away from my wife, out of this barn, and off my farm." They make shoo-ing motions with their farm implements.

Nice Knife

<Careful, Demontouched.  The power will only grow stronger--do not lose control over it.>

Enhance his magic more!

Edit:If the fight is finished, start on the healing.  Slow and steady, assuming Mordred isn't at risk of dying immediately.

The enhancement is starting to drain you. you feel unsteady.

Mordred

Pull all the arrows, broken and not, from the quiver of the archer, and shove them deliberately with immense force (point-blanc) into the bodies of my offenders, y'know, St. Sebastian them. I assume there will be no active resistance after that.

If so, then treat my wounds to the extent of my ability. Search the bodies for money and other valuables. Smear the Omega symbol with blood on each corpse (use corpse's blood, not mine). Cut the word "THUG" on their foreheads. After that, pick the sword swordsman ought to drop at some point and pin him high on a tree some place by the road. Chop the hand from the previous host of entity - Blastel, was he - grill it with my lightning and chow down, gotta feed the body of mine. Walk down the road I was going before the attack, cooperating with my new ally to heal or at least stop bleeding and such.
Seek medical attention if need be, which I feel might be the case.

you need to see the arrows to grab them, and you don't see them. Bloodloss is starting to affect your concentration.

"Query: Please tell this one exactly what defences, magic and warriors you have.
Statement: More of our people are currently scouting the Mercenary's positions, so we can come up with a concrete plan to your problem.
Query: If you have anything you wish to say or ask to this one, please do not hesitate."

Keep compiling, we're close to being fluent I think. Also translate for teammembers if they wish to ask anything.
Your compilation program gets stuck in a loop on the word 'Grnkngngishkrrik'.
"We are shielded against hostile intrusion into our camp. We have the shamans. We have no warriors. Only herdsgoblins."

Drift into the hayloft where one is sleeping. Shift into the form of an Orc, complete with a big sword. Try to look similar to a merc (not one in particular, wear their uniform or whatever.)
If I can't take the form of a non-human, just do a buff Human.

You shift into the form of a rather average man with a spoon in one hand and a small dinner plate in the other. Someone must be dreaming of lunch.

Hom:

((I like what you've done with my action, the friendliness is a lot more fun))
Try to lead my new friends off into the underbrush to meet my other friends. Do so by waddling a bit into the bushes, turning my head back at them, and making some turtle noises. If they refuse to follow, give up and just follow them at a few paces distance for a little. Maybe exude a bit of an aura of curiousness if that doesn't seem to tax me too much atop the friendliness.
they seem enthusiastic for the new adventure, crowding around you and slapping your shell, yelling "turtlefriend!" a lot. you get disoriented and are not sure what direction you are going anymore.

Solam Kobemtosed

Follow my new friends.
"Turtlefriend! Turtlebrains! Brain friend! brainbrainsssssss! braaaaaaiiiiinnnnns!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2016, 07:42:24 am »

okay, mind telling me of the location of some mercs or  goblins? And anything you  guys need help with around here before I set off on my way?
be polite as can be while asking if they need help and inquiring about near by goblins and mercanary bands
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:36:59 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2016, 08:18:10 am »

you need to see the arrows to grab them, and you don't see them. Bloodloss is starting to affect your concentration.

Please see the commentary

((Well I assumed that should I need to get closer to do that, I would - wasn't such a wild assumption to make in my mind. And this way, you just stagnate me for a turn with a bloodloss and magic drain to deal with. Can you please enact my attack while The Nice Knife still empowers me instead of putting me off?

Now this might sound too aggressive, and I would like apologise for my tone, but I really don't want to lose that character just because of some misreadings when the situation is turning critical. Mordred has a message to send out with all that I would do after he's done fighting, and he wouldn't hesitate, especially given his condition.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2016, 08:33:14 am »

Please see the commentary

((Well I assumed that should I need to get closer to do that, I would - wasn't such a wild assumption to make in my mind. And this way, you just stagnate me for a turn with a bloodloss and magic drain to deal with. Can you please enact my attack while The Nice Knife still empowers me instead of putting me off?

Now this might sound too aggressive, and I would like apologise for my tone, but I really don't want to lose that character just because of some misreadings when the situation is turning critical. Mordred has a message to send out with all that I would do after he's done fighting, and he wouldn't hesitate, especially given his condition.))
((This was in case you were trying to do this while staying still, and you know, holding those wounds shut. I didn't want to assume you wanted me to automatically stand you up, walk you back onto the path, find them on the other side of the path, and, completely ignoring the trouble you are already in, blast them with that recently expanded wound. Because that could also go bad. Plus, it means they have time to get in actions as well. The bloodloss thing was a subtle reminder rather than an added effect.

No worries about the tone, sometimes what is in my head isn't made as clear as I should make it on screen.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2016, 08:45:04 am »

((Well then. There were three of them, one of them got his throat slit, and I'm pretty determined to engage those two still active - and at the very least I would like to take the arrows away from the archer, but it is my intent to kill them both next turn with said tactics.
So let's just see me doing the thing next turn.))

Enact previous action, now with engaging the enemy.
Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2016, 09:34:56 am »

"Error: Please help in translating the word 'Grnkngngishkrrik'.
Query: Could we speak to your shamans? Their magic and insights may play a vital role in the coming conflict."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2016, 07:12:59 pm »

<Your control of my power is growing unsteady.  I am cutting it back before it consumes you, but I will close your wounds first.  Do not fail me, Demontouched>

How can a knife feel "unsteady", anyway?  It's an inanimate object.  Start clotting Mordred's wounds, and if his bloodloss is bad enough he could potentially die within a couple turns, do it quick (med roll).  My +1 med is better than his +0 end.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37