Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48377 times)

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2016, 08:57:47 pm »

Hom:

Hope I am going the right way. Continue onwards a bit farther. How is my magic? How is my aura holding up?

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2016, 11:15:15 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Continue following my new buddies. Maybe get my hands on one of those goblin heads, if it wouldn't ruin anything important.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2016, 07:34:51 am »

okay, mind telling me of the location of some mercs or  goblins? And anything you  guys need help with around here before I set off on my way?
be polite as can be while asking if they need help and inquiring about near by goblins and mercanary bands
Mercs? Goblins? none of that here, fella. And we aint got work for ya either. Sorry, you'll have to try your luck further west. Maybe the Fardon ranch.

<Your control of my power is growing unsteady.  I am cutting it back before it consumes you, but I will close your wounds first.  Do not fail me, Demontouched>

How can a knife feel "unsteady", anyway?  It's an inanimate object.  Start clotting Mordred's wounds, and if his bloodloss is bad enough he could potentially die within a couple turns, do it quick (med roll).  My +1 med is better than his +0 end.
same way a knife can emote, converse, buff, and heal. You felt an unsteadiness in your power, and in your thinking processes. You shift to medical mode and begin clotting the wounds. the blood slows noticably, though Mordred moving about as he is is making it tricky.

Mordred

Pull all the arrows, broken and not, from the quiver of the archer, and shove them deliberately with immense force (point-blanc) into the bodies of my offenders, y'know, St. Sebastian them. I assume there will be no active resistance after that.

If so, then treat my wounds to the extent of my ability. Search the bodies for money and other valuables. Smear the Omega symbol with blood on each corpse (use corpse's blood, not mine). Cut the word "THUG" on their foreheads. After that, pick the sword swordsman ought to drop at some point and pin him high on a tree some place by the road. Chop the hand from the previous host of entity - Blastel, was he - grill it with my lightning and chow down, gotta feed the body of mine. Walk down the road I was going before the attack, cooperating with my new ally to heal or at least stop bleeding and such.
Seek medical attention if need be, which I feel might be the case.

You climb to your feet, clutch your belly around the knife again, and stagger onto the road as the two others untangle themselves and stand. You yank a bunch of arrows out of the quiver and begin swinging them at the archer, who dances to dodge them, attempting to snatch them out of the air. a few of them get through his guard and he takes a couple punctures. The swordsman cuts a few of them apart in the air as they fly at him. He grabs the other one's arm and drags him off at a run, hacking at the arrows as they go.

"Error: Please help in translating the word 'Grnkngngishkrrik'.
Query: Could we speak to your shamans? Their magic and insights may play a vital role in the coming conflict."

"We will request audience with them. They will not be available before sundown. After dinner, they may talk with you. that word is ... the sound of two bodies falling together into a narrow pit."

Hom:

Hope I am going the right way. Continue onwards a bit farther. How is my magic? How is my aura holding up?
You are certain that this was the correct way, and begin heding this way. Your magic feels normal, but you are detecting a note of disillusionment from the band, as they begin looking at you with less affectin and more eggression. Hands tighten on weapons again, and voices turn to angry shouting.

Solam Kobemtosed

Continue following my new buddies. Maybe get my hands on one of those goblin heads, if it wouldn't ruin anything important.
In the confusion, you manage to get hold of hte sack of heads and sit down in the path for a light snack. Well, I don't know if I lost my bet regarding who would murder the objective first. technically ,eating their brains doesn't harm them - they are already dead after all. but man, if hte living one's found out ...

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2016, 08:12:30 am »

Onward to the next farm in the west! To harrass
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:41:31 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2016, 08:28:59 am »

Discard the plate and make the spoon into.a crude knife. Touch his head and fill his mind with fear. Hold the illusion-of-a-knife to his neck, and whisper in his ear:
Wake up.
Your life is in danger, remain silent.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:33:25 am by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2016, 10:11:14 am »

<Do not chase them.  You are too weak.  Grant me time to fix you.

During the fight, you requested my name.  I have none, but I do have something close.  I doubt it is possible for your mind to comprehend it, but names are a form of power, so I shall share it if you wish, Demontouched>

Just keep on healing, slowly if it's safe, and quick if it's necessary.  Don't take control from Mordred even if he does something stupid.

Can I cause a vague sensation of a headache without needing to roll for it?  I don't mean a headache strong enough to affect any rolls or anything, it's just an RP thing.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2016, 01:06:02 pm »

<I will give you my trust by not demanding any leverage. I suppose you will always know that I address you anyway.>

See of Blastel had something valuable on him. Let them flee and walk away by the different road, slowly, trying to not disturb the wounds too much. Let them heal.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:34:39 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2016, 01:29:01 pm »

((Fools! Now they know Omega is about, and will tighten security!))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2016, 01:32:52 pm »

((Fools! Now they know Omega is about, and will tighten security!))

((Apparently I haven't got around to indicate to them that I'm with Omega in any way, neither verbally nor visually. For all they know, they just stumbled into a wandering mage who was plenty weird looking.
I wanted to do some painting of Omega if I managed to finish them, but since I did not, I'll just walk away.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2016, 04:12:25 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Grab my sword and be ready to slash at the mercs if they become violent towards us. Go for the elf first, if I can.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2016, 04:13:29 pm »

Cho Ja

Diplomancy is taking too long, sneak up to the campfire and eat all their eyeball soup.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2016, 06:36:31 pm »

"Statement: this one shall wait until the shamans are ready to speak with this one.
Urgent statement: Please make sure they do so at the earliest possible moment, for time may very well be of the utmost importance in this matter."

Wait to see the shamans.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2016, 07:29:41 pm »

Hom:

Hey, what's the rush? ..Guys? We are no longer friends, however the 3 mercs are feeling rather sluggish suddenly (slow them, drop the aura). Calm Down We Are ALL F R Ì̙̱̻̪̮ E͂ͩ N̼̈́̈ D̛̺̦͖͓̞͉̆̒ͭ͞ S̵͍͚̦̥̮̰̀̽ͪͫ̄̇̅̕͜  H̴̢̨͕͚͇͙̱̠͙̜̮̙̦͉̊͋ͬ̍̋͐̽̈́̋̇̍͆̄̉͡͝ Ȩ̵̟̜̘̭̫̰͔̂ͤ̔̄̋͊ͣ͜͝ R͉̼͈̫̤̗̺̲̠̗̗̺͉̟̪͆͒̆̋͗̿ͥ̌͋ͣͨ̄̔ͯ̚͟͜ͅ Ę͚̼͖̼̞̭̦ͮ̔ͣ̀̐́͐ͨ̍ͩ̎͊̅͌͋ͩͪ͘! Magic-blast the kobold, then the elf, then the orc.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2016, 07:09:41 pm »

Onward to the next farm in the west! To harrass
It's getting dark as you leave the farm. You follow the trail toward thesunset for a while, but you must have fallen asleep while walking or something, because when you wake up, you are standing in the woods, not a farm or a trail n sight. it's fully dark too.

Discard the plate and make the spoon into.a crude knife. Touch his head and fill his mind with fear. Hold the illusion-of-a-knife to his neck, and whisper in his ear:
Wake up.
Your life is in danger, remain silent.

His eyes snap open instantly, and he takes one long, sharp breathe, which he seems to hold for an abnormally long time before expelling it in short, staccato bursts. You smell urine.

<Do not chase them.  You are too weak.  Grant me time to fix you.

During the fight, you requested my name.  I have none, but I do have something close.  I doubt it is possible for your mind to comprehend it, but names are a form of power, so I shall share it if you wish, Demontouched>

Just keep on healing, slowly if it's safe, and quick if it's necessary.  Don't take control from Mordred even if he does something stupid.

Can I cause a vague sensation of a headache without needing to roll for it?  I don't mean a headache strong enough to affect any rolls or anything, it's just an RP thing.

sure, go ahead.

<I will give you my trust by not demanding any leverage. I suppose you will always know that I address you anyway.>

See of Blastel had something valuable on him. Let them flee and walk away by the different road, slowly, trying to not disturb the wounds too much. Let them heal.
you grab Blastel's coin purse. It jingles a bit. The different road is back the way you came, unless I specifically said that you were at a crossroads. It's starting to get dark. time to find a good place to hole up for the night maybe. Or whatever. You feel that if you continue taking it easy, the wounds will heal.

Solam Kobemtosed

Grab my sword and be ready to slash at the mercs if they become violent towards us. Go for the elf first, if I can.
You get your sword, just in time to defend yourself against the orc's machete. "My brains!" he shrieks. as his machete clangs loudly against your sword, sending painful vibrations up your arm.

Hom:

Hey, what's the rush? ..Guys? We are no longer friends, however the 3 mercs are feeling rather sluggish suddenly (slow them, drop the aura). Calm Down We Are ALL F R Ì̙̱̻̪̮ E͂ͩ N̼̈́̈ D̛̺̦͖͓̞͉̆̒ͭ͞ S̵͍͚̦̥̮̰̀̽ͪͫ̄̇̅̕͜  H̴̢̨͕͚͇͙̱̠͙̜̮̙̦͉̊͋ͬ̍̋͐̽̈́̋̇̍͆̄̉͡͝ Ȩ̵̟̜̘̭̫̰͔̂ͤ̔̄̋͊ͣ͜͝ R͉̼͈̫̤̗̺̲̠̗̗̺͉̟̪͆͒̆̋͗̿ͥ̌͋ͣͨ̄̔ͯ̚͟͜ͅ Ę͚̼͖̼̞̭̦ͮ̔ͣ̀̐́͐ͨ̍ͩ̎͊̅͌͋ͩͪ͘! Magic-blast the kobold, then the elf, then the orc.
The elf steps back into the shade of the woods and begins firing arrows at you, but they clang harmlessly off your shell. Hte kobold begins to dance and chant, shrieking and shaking his stick. But he seems to be unable to put much power into it. You Fire a magic blast at him and something strange happens. Your energy reaches out and grabs hold deep inside the kobold, pulling something out of it. You feel some strange power, some connection with the spirits of the world that you didn't have before, and the kobold drops where it stands, falling limply on it's face.

Cho Ja

Diplomancy is taking too long, sneak up to the campfire and eat all their eyeball soup.

You eat an entire pot of the stuff, gorging yourself to the point of immobility. You crawl into the upturned pot and curl up. It rolls a few feet before coming to rest against something unseen.

"Statement: this one shall wait until the shamans are ready to speak with this one.
Urgent statement: Please make sure they do so at the earliest possible moment, for time may very well be of the utmost importance in this matter."

Wait to see the shamans.
The Goblins bring yourself and Terrance each a bowl of soup while you wait. The sun goes down, and the sounds of the goblin camp change, quieting a bit and turning inward. After a time, you find yourself surrounded by short figures, dressed in wool, with the traditional animal skull caps shamans seem to prefer for some reason, though one wears what looks like a hollowed out tree stump on it's head instead. "Being of weapons and cities, we have come at your request. We do not know how yo uhope we can aid you in aiding us, but for the sake of our people, we are here."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2016, 08:09:13 pm »

Jack smiles, and his eyes widen unnaturally.
"Hehe. Just like that?
First things first, I will ask you a few questions. Number one: will you answer my questions? You can just nod."

Cultivate a feeling of helplessness in this individual.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37