Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141252 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #360 on: May 27, 2016, 09:40:45 pm »

"They're apparently a weird group with a bunch of mythical figures who may or may exist and be affecting our world right now.  I've completely forgotten their names, I must admit, due to the small important fact of IREALLYDON"TGIVEASHIT.  I was brought here to kill wiki-warriors.  I'd like to get back to that.  Until I find them, I've got nothing better to do, so you may as well tell me what you want."

Yeah, I have been laying this a bit thick. I'll try to tone down the storyline stuff, unless it's directly affecting gameplay like it was earlier on. Sorry if it was too distracting.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 27, 2016, 09:47:56 pm »

((Sorry if that seemed a bit much.  I really don't have a problem with plot hooks, i've just been itching to fight and kill something.  Again, IC outburst not completely reflecting my own opinions, not in their entirety))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 27, 2016, 09:54:43 pm »

@NRDL: Yeah it was a bit much, but it's cool. I can understand IC frustration, and were I in your situation, and I was, I'd be itching for some combat.  :)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 27, 2016, 11:51:21 pm »

Transform into Khepri, the Egyptian God modern reincarnation of Herbie.  Aka a VW Beetle.

Get us to the chopper.

After reaching the helicopter: Go back in time about six hours.  Alert the military to an impending unsanctioned military operation by Rwandan forces on British sovereign soil that will imperil the life of a citizen.  Give them the details of the op as we know them.

Call the police on the assassin squads as well, about fifteen to thirty minutes before they're going to try and shoot us.

Then, come back six hours after we left, somewhere semi-random, and call the Rwandan King from a payphone.

"TCM.  Not cool.  At all.  I thought we were allies and you attempt to have me shot?  I am not amused."

==In chronological order==
T-6 hours
Alert British military to impending Rwandan op.
T-30 up to T-15 minutes
Alert the police of a threat.
T-0, The Present:
Be Khepri, flee with Abigail.
T+6
Come back IN THE FUTURE somewhere random and call King TCM.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:51:23 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 28, 2016, 08:11:55 am »

@TBF: The rest of your plan is flawless, except for the VW Beetle part. Yeah, it's a beetle, and it would be hilarious, but the article is for the insect. Sorry, it really would be funny, but I am a bit literal when it comes to things.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 28, 2016, 09:41:27 am »

Awww...

What about beetle-theme superheroes?  Or Egyptian gods that are also beetles?

But if and only if both of those are a 'no', a hawk moth, (flight speed 50 kph) instead.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:46:27 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 28, 2016, 09:58:41 am »

@TBF: Beetle themed superhero is no, because they would be a human with Beetle powers...so you essentially. I suppose an Egyptian God Beetle would be okay, since Egyptian Gods are typically part animal, and you do transform into Beetles, but with that wording, your face would turn into that of an insectoids, and you'd still get shot, unless there is a God that can transform into a Beetle, but then I wouldn't allow it since you already have that power. Makes sense?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 28, 2016, 10:22:54 am »

After reaching the helicopter: Go back in time about six hours.  Alert the military to an impending unsanctioned military operation by Rwandan forces on British sovereign soil that will imperil the life of a citizen.  Give them the details of the op as we know them.
Remember this TMC?
TMC i cant wait until you get your armed forces downed by the British military and then are forced to deal with a war you cannot win.
This is it unredacted
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 28, 2016, 10:23:28 am »

@TBF: Beetle themed superhero is no, because they would be a human with Beetle powers...so you essentially. I suppose an Egyptian God Beetle would be okay, since Egyptian Gods are typically part animal, and you do transform into Beetles, but with that wording, your face would turn into that of an insectoids, and you'd still get shot, unless there is a God that can transform into a Beetle, but then I wouldn't allow it since you already have that power. Makes sense?
Well, look up Khepri.
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 28, 2016, 10:26:57 am »

@TBF: Looked him up on, what else, Wikipedia. I have to admit, a scarab beetle is a bit better than the Beetle you have, and your power is transform into any species of Beetle. Plus, it would be a God Scarab Beetle. If that's what you want, I'll allow it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 28, 2016, 12:09:04 pm »

Why would I have to fight the British military? I'm just going after TBF, not a British citizen. Plus I've already informed people across the world of the danger of the Wiki-Warfare event and its participants. I'm doing their government a favor really.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 28, 2016, 12:33:37 pm »

Why would I have to fight the British military? I'm just going after TBF, not a British citizen. Plus I've already informed people across the world of the danger of the Wiki-Warfare event and its participants. I'm doing their government a favor really.
Why would any government not blast a unidentified military chopper out of the sky? Unless you have military access they have full right to blast it out of the sky or at least detain it and chances are they will.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 28, 2016, 12:47:07 pm »

Why would any government not blast a unidentified military chopper out of the sky? Unless you have military access they have full right to blast it out of the sky or at least detain it and chances are they will.

If this game is similar to my game NPCs remain neutral to all Wiki-Warriors until they are directly threatened. Either way, they haven't attacked us yet when they could have easily do so long ago, and if there is a problem I'll speak with the PM and clear it up.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 28, 2016, 12:55:06 pm »

@TCM: Yeah. In real life, at least with me, unless I was directly threatened, I wouldn't mess with anyone, let alone unmarked military vehicles. The NPCs in both of our games kind of work like real people, I suppose. And while a government would want an investigation, they've already landed, so they might have clearance...oh, but TBF has a good idea.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:01:45 pm by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 28, 2016, 01:47:54 pm »

Oh but you are going after a British citizen.  Abigail's a Brit.

And you STILL have no clearance for the op.

Greatness:What sort of powers would me becoming Khepri have?  Or do I just have to cite sources?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:49:25 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 106