Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141259 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #555 on: July 13, 2016, 05:53:55 am »

I actually had clicked on the example, but I hadn't read it. Now that I have, I simultaneously found it funny, and have a stronger curiosity for the Madoka Magica series/franchise. I now also want to grab something to eat, but there was a food chain, but at this point I'm rambling.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 13, 2016, 09:49:52 am »

Chapter One: The Beginning
Match One: Deathmatch
Round 42: The Betrayal
Parliament, Rwanda
Mid Morning, Clear Skies, Date: 7/19/2016

TCM sits at the modified bunker, grinning at the machine he knows doesn't work. He picks it up, inspecting it, before turning to Wiki-Warrior clad in an Alphonse Elric armor. He then drops his smile, putting the machine back on the table as he stands up...before raising his hand in the air and quickly clenching it into a fist. Suddenly, all of the Soldiers, including Cobra and Black Hornet, raise their guns at Beirus and Aswell. As Aswell panics, Beirus rises to his feet before asking why? TCM merely responds with, "Beirus, let me tell you my friend, this is nothing personal. There can only be one victor correct?", causing Beirus to raise his hands in horror. TCM walks into a fake wall, which acts as an emergency hatch. TCM walks outside, merely standing as he expects good results.

Aswell stands up, his hand shaking as he pulls out his sword, while the Archangels walk forward with their swords. Beirus raises his hands...before saying, "How predictable. You fool, we could have both lived.", at which he claps his hands together and tries to do the unthinkable...transmute the Philosopher's Stone. [7+2] None of the now enemies of Beirus can attack as light suddenly engulfs the room. Aswell and the Archangels feel nothing, but everyone else feels their bodies begin contorting. Beirus knows for a fact that if he transmutes the entire tectonic plate, he'll transmute most of Africa, but if he wants TCM dead, then that's necessary. As he transmutes, the people try to escape, but they cannot escape fast enough. Cobra, Black Hornet, the Elite Force, The rest of the soldiers, and the citizens of many African countries begin to unravel, the last thing they see being a gate. TCM suddenly sees, at his feet, a transmutation circle under him with a light shining. Quickly realizing what's going on, he activates his semblance, and tries to escape. [-15 Aura. 6+2 v 8+2] TCM suddenly trips up due to the Alchemic power, his eyes quickly turning upwards to see red rose petals in the air. Due to the way a Philosopher's Stone is created, there isn't another second spent, and as he looks up, he looks at his fingers to see them begin to unravel. TCM stands up on feet that are starting to unravel as well, and for the first and last time in his life, TCM snaps. He begins screaming in pain, but also in rage, his thoughts turning to nothing but anger as he yells out. The last thing that TCM sees is his body parts Alchemically unraveling, before seeing red...

1.1 Billion People in Africa. 650 Million of those people unraveled Alchemically. Those 650 Million souls are now screaming eternally in a red space...Beirus watches inside his tectonic Transmutation Circle, making sure to do things in the same tectonic plate so as to not use Alkahestry. As he watches the spot on the ground in which he created the transmutation, he suddenly see a small red blob. After picking the blob up, it molds, shifts, and solidifies into a stone. Peering inside the stone, he sees millions and millions of souls screaming out in the red stone. Aswell walks towards Beirus, nervously asking, "W-why?". Beirus responds with silence, before pulling the Philosopher's Stone into his armor, putting it in his real pocket before walking to the staircase, climbing to the first step as he tries to find out what to do next.
Beirus has transmuted TCM, and most of the African population, into a Philosopher's Stone! Beirus gets not only a Philosopher's Stone, but also nabs:
Cinder's Weapon (RWBY): +Cinder's Weapon (Dust Blades/Dust Bow 3/3) (18 Arrows of Reserve Ammo + Dust (Arrow Crafting)) (Can morph between the two modes. The weapons are made out of Dust assisted Obsidian)

Trans Serbian Railway, Moscow, Russia
Mid Morning, Clear Skies, Date: 7/19/2016

PirateJoe, unaware of the mass destruction that just took place, continues to take cover as he waits for the Sniper to fire again. Despite their injuries, the Sniper decides to fire again. Despite their left arm being near disabled, they still aim down the sight, having PirateJoe in their shaky scope. [6-2-2 v 1] Despite the injuries, a bullet still breaks through some weak metal and hits his prosthetic leg, weakly hitting the metal of the leg. In retaliation, PirateJoe tries to aim, but his lucky streak doesn't translate to a moving train. [10-2 v 4] PirateJoe can still hit them, however, and he hits them in the left leg, causing the Sniper to fall over.

The Sniper tries to get up, but is smart to realize that they will not hit Joe before he's out of the way if they keep taking shots, so they stand on their feet and walk off. On the radio, they hear the Informant and some emergency help to stop the train talk about TCM, and how they're waiting for his signal to stop the train. The Sniper waits as well, but they don't hear anything...
------------
BSN: I don't have a joke, because...just wow. TCM's dead, most of Africa is a Philosopher's Stone. I just...huh. Well, I'm excited to see what happens next, so let's go to the Character Sheets. I'm sure you'll just tell me if you want to Waitlist, TCM, because...just wow!
------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 13, 2016, 10:29:56 am »

Well, that just happened.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 13, 2016, 10:56:32 am »

Yeah, I know right? The reason why that happened is because I looked up how big a tectonic plate really was. Was this a case of doing the research causing more harm? Eh, I don't know. It was cool, though.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 13, 2016, 11:23:55 am »

It was evilness :x
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 13, 2016, 11:25:50 am »

Cool evilness?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 13, 2016, 02:20:43 pm »

I fully expect the archangels to try to kill him and/or banish Beirus to hell, after all he just killed more people then Mao, more people then the biggest mass murdering fuck head in history. So congrats on that. Anyway i don't think i need my plan as much anymore since i think at this rate i will win by default, regardless i will still try my plan, hell i maybe will be able to fix everything. Also the ministry of right and wrong is going to have fun with you Beirus, Eiki Shiki is not amused.

Stay down and wait, soon i will be away from this place.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:22:52 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 13, 2016, 03:08:41 pm »

Well, that just happened. Honestly, I feel like a transmutation of that scale should need more prep time. Like, in an anime or something that'd need the user to go out in person to create nodes or something (multiple circles to link to the greater one?) in all the right locations to actually draw the circle. Still, what happened happened. So, is the next game going to take place on the same earth? The ramifications could be interesting. Also that Operator plot got dropped pretty quickly eh? I suppose we asked for that though. Was somewhat interested, but not really all that invested in that side plot.

Edit: Plus, they always could have failed that roll I suppose. Roll a 1, you're a 1 person philosopher's stone now congrats.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:10:29 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 13, 2016, 03:14:55 pm »

@Person: Yeah, I suppose it could have taken longer, and in the 2003 anime, they did have to draw a circle around the town to do it, but what happened happened. And yes, the next match will of course be in the same continuity, and therefore on the same Earth. There wouldn't be the story spoiler in the OP if that was the case.

Also, I didn't drop the Operator or his plotline. It's only the first Chapter, so it's introducing the main NPCs, the world, and the concept. The Operator showed up here to give something interesting. He's not gone, he's just out of focus because we're still only in the first Chapter. He'll definitely show up at some point, I just can't say when.

Also, I'm very, deeply sorry if I seem argumentative and defensive, Person. You have good points, and I never try to invalidate anyone's points. I understand you're throwing your two cents and I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:44:58 pm by Greatness942 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 13, 2016, 04:12:17 pm »

That last post got me thinking, and so I decided to type this: I'm sorry. I know, I know, I'm sorry is practically my catchphrase. It's what will be said whenever I make a mistake: I'm sorry. And I've made a few mistake-okay, a lot of mistakes. I shouldn't have revealed this or I shouldn't have done this, stuff like that. I'm not the best person, and after last post my thoughts got to me. Why would anyone want to play this, I thought and still think.

So, why? Why are you guys still waiting for next turn? Is it because I'm honest to God trying to improve? Is it the game itself, the mechanics and story? I'm not sure if I'm curious or need the reassurance that I'm doing something right, but if I can be honest, either one will help.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 13, 2016, 04:40:07 pm »

That last post got me thinking, and so I decided to type this: I'm sorry. I know, I know, I'm sorry is practically my catchphrase. It's what will be said whenever I make a mistake: I'm sorry. And I've made a few mistake-okay, a lot of mistakes. I shouldn't have revealed this or I shouldn't have done this, stuff like that. I'm not the best person, and after last post my thoughts got to me. Why would anyone want to play this, I thought and still think.

So, why? Why are you guys still waiting for next turn? Is it because I'm honest to God trying to improve? Is it the game itself, the mechanics and story? I'm not sure if I'm curious or need the reassurance that I'm doing something right, but if I can be honest, either one will help.
Because i like the game and i want that wish dammit You aren't a bad writer.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 13, 2016, 05:20:41 pm »

...To be honest, something as simple as "You re not a bad writer.", really helps. I guess, having calmed down a bit, I can say I'm better. To be honest, I have self-esteem issues, that make me think that everything I'll do ends up in failure. Something as simple as telling me that I'm not a bad writer helps. Ah, you guys don't want junk that's too personal, right? Anyway, looking back, I'm sure that while I made the fact that while I have plans clear, I'm now also sure that Person will understand and won't take it personally that he didn't know. I'm now sure that revealing things like the Cult of Jericho too early won't do much, since there's a bit I have planned.

After that wall of text: thank you. Even though only PirateJoe responded, I'm sure that the rest of you like this game too. I mean, if you didn't, you would probably have asked to leave or be taken off the waitlist at 42 rounds in. (By the way, insane!) So, thank you!

...What? You want me to say sorry for wasting people's time? In all honesty, sane GMs wouldn't dare make multiple posts about personal junk. I am not Sane.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:26:50 pm by Greatness942 »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 13, 2016, 05:33:39 pm »

...To be honest, something as simple as "You re not a bad writer.", really helps. I guess, having calmed down a bit, I can say I'm better. To be honest, I have self-esteem issues, that make me think that everything I'll do ends up in failure. Something as simple as telling me that I'm not a bad writer helps. Ah, you guys don't want junk that's too personal, right? Anyway, looking back, I'm sure that while I made the fact that while I have plans clear, I'm now also sure that Person will understand and won't take it personally that he didn't know. I'm now sure that revealing things like the Cult of Jericho too early won't do much, since there's a bit I have planned.

After that wall of text: thank you. Even though only PirateJoe responded, I'm sure that the rest of you like this game too. I mean, if you didn't, you would probably have asked to leave or be talked off the waitlist at 42 rounds in. (By the way, insane!) So, thank you!

...What? You want me to say sorry for wasting people's time? In all honesty, sane GMs wouldn't dare make multiple posts about personal junk. I am not Sane.
No, you don't need to say sorry, besides i don't mind the personal stuff, and its not junk, its a part of who you are. Also you are a better writer then me and my mother is a damn author (even though I'm getting better at writing, i think). I can understand how you feel being nervous that people wont like your work and all that, i get that whenever i join a game with a character who's personality i have never done before and honestly its one of the things stopping me from making a secret agency forum game here. Long story short try not to be so hard on yourself, even though saying that rarely helps. (at least in my case.)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 13, 2016, 05:44:42 pm »

And as my last response before we can all go back to posting actions and being horrified I'd stoop to the level of turning Africa into a Philosopher's Stone, I must once again say thank you. You really are great, and I'll at least try not to be so hard on myself. I know my game will never reach the popularity of something like Einsteinian Roulette or Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, but that doesn't mean it isn't good for what it is.

Now, how's about we get off of this rollercoaster, and get onto those spinning teacups, or whatever your local ride is that spins like that, I don't know...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 13, 2016, 07:23:38 pm »

((I enjoy the game too, if that counts for anything. Here's an action to get us back on track.))

Beirus remained silent for a few moments as he waited on the stairs, his shoulders occasionally shaking. One of the benefits of armor covering his body is that it prevented anyone from seeing the tears running down his face and even managed to muffle the sniffling a bit. He waited until he could keep his voice even before he spoke. "Aswell, I believe that God has been bound. You saw it back in Muqur, something was limiting His ability. I intend to free Him, and to do it I will need a tremendous amount of power. I fully intend to answer for every life I have taken when I am through, but for now I must continue on my path even if that means the world will only remember me as a monster. Go with the Archangels now, to the Vatican or wherever you think is safest. This is a cross I must bear on my own."

Get the teleporter working once I get outside and see Aswell and the Archangels off safely. If they insist on fighting me, trap them inside a room made of incredibly durable metal without exits, but with water, food, and air, by transmuting the light around them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 106