Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141248 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #705 on: August 05, 2016, 01:04:30 pm »

URLs are fine. Special characters can make some articles less legible but there's not really much issue since you can just follow the link anyway. Sure, proper names look nice but that's more of a bonus than a necessary step. If you've got time go ahead, but don't worry about it too much.

Anyway, a rap attempt was made. I think even that small +1 made a lot of difference, particularly in Hawk's case. Also good writing both on the rap and overall. Could really see in all in my mind. I'll try to make my own raps in the future but I'm not the best in that regard. Oh also yeah TCM is right. The Celtics are basketball players.

Edit: Oh sidenote, are we getting reinforcements from the waitlist (empty as it is right now) or do we lose if we all die. Also I think PirateJoe gets an article for killing the marksman? Not 100% sure but I think that was one of the special troops.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:37:26 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 05, 2016, 02:27:07 pm »

@TCM: Always nice to see you again! Also, crap. I guess I didn't read that article. I guess it also helps that the only sport I genuinely watch on TV is Baseball, which was still only one time, and...I'll modify this round to reflect that.

@Person: Thank you! I was very tired when I typed that, so...yeah. Also, no reinforcements. This is meant to be a Gametype where you guys have to make the best decisions to survive. Besides, we already have a standard Wiki Warfare mode with respawns, Pieces of 10, and the "Collect a Special Item" Gametype also has respawns. I like symmetry sometimes, what can I say? About PirateJoe...I was tired when I typed that. When I get the opportunity, I'll give an article to him.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 03:04:27 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 05, 2016, 04:02:30 pm »

Guys, I need to make sure of something. Are you guys reading the entire turn, or just your own action? Because I need you guys to read all of the turn, to make sure nothing's missed. Just going to name names, since this is important. Person, or Sir Intrigue, the only Snowtroopers still there are either corpses or bleeding out and dying anyway.

Just wanted to point this out. I don't mean to offend by saying that you guys are inept or anything, really! You guys are awesome, and I mean it when I say that I don't want to make fun of, or hurt you guys, and me wanting to do so to any of you is impossible! I'm just saying that you guys need to make sure that you see everything, or else, important information in the turn might be missed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:16:36 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 05, 2016, 04:29:19 pm »

(I read everything, though at first I read my turn first and then read everything else, now I just read it in order.)

There is something up with those visions, I'll have to ask jaws about it later....

Use my new power and summon Izzik and tell them the looks of the surviving members of the fist, Izzik is to look for them and tell me there locations, also afterwords use that medkit to fix my hand, it shouldn't use up much supply's in the kit after all.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 05, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »

Oh. Well then. No rap quite yet then, but I'll save that for later. I do read everything, but I guess I sort of thought I had a separate group of troopers to the ones everyone else got rid of. Also you haven't updated TBF's assets to reflect that he is now a basketballer, but I figure you'll just do that next turn or something.

"We all knew the risks. Still, we don't have much in the way of medical supplies, and it'd be nice to prevent something like that from happening again. I'll go to Echo Base first and get medical supplies. After that I'll be going after the Elite Soldiers with the rest."

Make my way to Echo Base.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 05, 2016, 04:56:32 pm »

((I read my action first and then skim over everything else, unless there's something particularly interesting going on.))

Aw, the last stormtrooper ran away.

"Hey, come back here! I still haven't shown you what your brains look like! ... Eh, whatever. Anyone got some painkillers? I have a feeling that I'll be in a LOT of pain once the adrenaline wears off."

Get some medical attention, hopefully. Then tag along with whoever is going to Echo.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 05, 2016, 04:57:55 pm »

@Person: Once again, I didn't mean to insinuate that you were inept or anything like that! I figured you read it through, but I felt like saying it because I didn't know who did it!

...Wait, I still didn't update it all the way?  ...Crap.

@Hawk132: Nice to know, but I still didn't mean anything bad behind it! I don't mean to say...defending myself is unnecessary, isn't it?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 05:01:07 pm by Greatness942 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 05, 2016, 05:10:40 pm »

((It is indeed unnecessary. In the end I do read the whole turn, I just don't pay that much attention to the parts that don't have much to do with me. Which will most likely bite me in the ass sooner or later.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 05, 2016, 05:24:49 pm »

@Hawk132: It might.

@Everyone: I'm sorry, really. I didn't mean to make a big deal out of this. It's my fault. It always is. I hope I haven't ruined anything.

EDIT: Since I'm no longer in a funk, just gonna edit this in. You guys are awesome. Even after a few IRL months, you've still put up with me and my antics. From me being a weird and cooky guy, to pouring my heart out over my failures, you guys haven't cared. It's either you're used to it, and have accepted it, or it's just a part of me and you guys don't mind. Whatever the case, thank you.

Now that all the mushy stuff is out of the way, HOLY CROSSFIT JESUS, we have over 600 replies and over 10,000 VIEWS! Holy crap. Now that's a Special number.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:46:28 am by Greatness942 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 05, 2016, 06:47:43 pm »

"I could definitely use a new gun, always wanted something that shot laser beams."

Accept rebel offer of supplies and check out their equipment.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 06, 2016, 08:21:36 am »

You really need to have more self confidence. A lot of the stuff you feel bad about or blame yourself for has either been a minor problem at best, or not a problem at all. You're running a great game here, and you should do whatever you feel like will keep it great. In any event congrats on that milestone. You're awesome too, don't doubt that for a second.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 06, 2016, 10:01:35 am »

You really need to have more self confidence. A lot of the stuff you feel bad about or blame yourself for has either been a minor problem at best, or not a problem at all. You're running a great game here, and you should do whatever you feel like will keep it great. In any event congrats on that milestone. You're awesome too, don't doubt that for a second.

Seconding this. You do good work. Keep it up my good man!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 06, 2016, 11:43:16 am »

Seconding this. You do good work. Keep it up my good man!

You're right. You are right. I need to have more self confidence. It's just...I have such a problem with acceptance that even if I believe them, I don't believe them. I do nothing but doubt myself, and it's unhealthy. Thank you. Both of you, all of you. For being awesome. I guess it's time for me to be.

Now, let's have some fun, guys. It's always nice to do that.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 06, 2016, 11:40:30 pm »

"Guys, STOP! We don't need to fight! They're people too, y'know?!"

Attempt to convince the others to stop fighting, and flirt with all the stormtroopers.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 08, 2016, 02:51:35 am »

Bumping the thread for those who haven't updated. Let's have some fun, some plot, and some...uh, fun? I don't know.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 106