Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 140977 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #915 on: September 13, 2016, 05:00:03 pm »

So worth it  8)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 13, 2016, 05:06:53 pm »

"I'm just going to say 'probably not', but we aren't all hypercompetent badasses."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 13, 2016, 05:11:01 pm »

((And so, my legacy of terrible rolls ends in

Guess what

A terrible roll, what a surprise))

remain dead and use determintion to ressurect next chapter
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 15, 2016, 02:48:44 am »

The Insanity of Jess Warner
W.I.P Towers, Osaka, Japan
Late Night, Stormy, 4/13/2013

"James? ...James. ...JAMES!", was the voice that woke twenty-three year old James Preston Warner from his daydreams on this fateful day. As he looked around the stone office, the red curtains covering the rain soaked windows like a cloak covering a stranger wishing to become hidden, he soon stared into the eyes of his father, Maxwell Levi Warner, whose hazel eyes matched the younger man's with the exception being the rage in the older man's face. "Yeah, dad?", James said, his voice slurred from being deprived from precious sleep as he looked at his father, whose face was now twisted into a much calmer fury. "This is the third time you have slept through my instructions, young man. I am trying to help you, mold you, into Warner Industrial Program's new leader, someone to bring the family money and respect after I grow older. James, this is your destiny.", to which James replies with, "Dad, I'm 23. I'm old enough to make my own decisions. My decision is that I don't want the family business, selling machines of war to the next highest bidder, just so they can kill their next enemy.". This seemed to make the older man calmer, though the furrowed, dark brown brow denotes that he's displeased with this turn of events. "James, I'm trying to help you. Easy money, the respect of your peers and employees. This job has given me everything! This can give you everything, and you simply must accept it! You don't have a choice, success doesn't come from leaving what those around you have given you! If you don't accept this, then I'll be disappointed. Your mother will be disappointed. Everyone will look down upon you as someone who rejected power. Do you want that?". As James looked back down at the table, no answer forming in his thoughts, a little voice at the back of his mind drew his attention, the voice sounding very much like his own as it spoke. "He's manipulating you. He's trying to emotionally manipulate you into a job you hate because he thinks it's best for you.", to which James responds, very quietly to prevent his father from hearing, "So what? He can't honestly control me?". His tone of voice, no matter how confident the words themselves were, still shook with an uncertain fervor. "It's working, isn't it? You're considering giving in, giving up!", "No...", "He's forcing you to change. He's a nuisance, a pest.", "He's my f-father...", "A father doesn't try to invalidate you. A father doesn't try to force an adult into something they hate.", "Yeah...", "You need to stop him.", "Yeah.", "You need to remove him.", "W-well...", the last word having caught in James's throat. Remove? This voice couldn't have meant... "It did. Your father will not stop until he's forced you into this. And he's just going to control everything else. Where you are, to make sure you're making the most of the business. Who you marry, to continue a legacy that'll just continue work that others have done better. He'll control how you walk and talk, how you eat and breathe, no matter how old you are. For as long as he lives, this man will be over your shoulder, turning you into the man who is completely subservient, someone who will be a puppet to the machine until the strings cut on your death bed. Do you want that? Then you'll have to end this mayhem. Before it takes hold on everything you stand for.". Despite what, in hindsight, was similar manipulation at work, James still took this into account before standing up, surprising Maxwell before he angrily asked, "James? James, what are you doing? Sit back down!", his voice angry until his son stepped towards the desk, the table adorned with Maxwell's plaque as C.E.O and founder, as well as what appeared to be a picture and a bust commemorating, and in the likeness of, James's paternal grandfather, Alan Wayne Warner. Picking up the bust with his right hand, James began approaching Maxwell, who began screaming out, "James, put that down right n-", before being interrupted by marble smashing into Maxwell's skull, blood and pieces of what used to be a bust hitting the ground as Maxwell fell onto his back, too stunned to scream. James then knelt down next to his father, his knees resting near the pieces of marble, before he wrapped his hands around Maxwell's neck. As the skin of the older man began to turn more and more blue and his breaths began to quicken, he opened his eyes again. Everything had a red tint to it, attributed to the blood pouring down the wound on the man's forehead, painting his perception as he looked up to his son. Slowly, what was an angry expression turned to a calmer one...before a sickening grin began to emerge, the right side of his mouth twitching as much as his right eye. Maxwell tried to choke out a call for help, but all that came out of his mouth was what sounded like a sob, as tears emerged from the man's eyes. James suddenly loosened up, his grin fading as his hazel eyes burned with tears as well...before his grin returned as his eyes glazed over, the man seemingly no longer in control of years of pent up rage as he suddenly wrapped his hands around his father's chin and the top of his head, before twisting his neck with a crack that would have been heard from miles if not for the soundproof walls, thunder cracking at the precise moment to emphasize the point. As James stood back up, his father's corpse lying on the floor as rain hit the window harder and harder, he turned his head to the left. Looking outside, James heared the voice again, this time having dropped all pretenses of being James's internal thoughts. "Well, James. You did it. You murdered your father. You're free. What are you going to do, now?", only for James to say, his voice having changed to a much more unhinged tone, "Take over.", leading the voice to say, "Hmm?". James continues, "I loved doing that. The rush of the kill, feeling him struggle. It was exhilarating, and I need more of that. And, well...what kills many? War. Violence, fought under the pretense of self defense and territorial control. With the rise of automation, W.I.P's War Droids will sweep the world, aiding those who pay the price to keep their soldiers alive. My technology, my intelligence...my power.", as he opened the curtain to reveal Osaka, the view stretching to encompass most of the city as he spoke. "I've changed because of you. I'm different. A new man. And thus, I need a name. An image.". Turning back to his father, he began to rifle through his pockets until he found it: a six-shot, 44. Magnum revolver customized with Maxwell's initials on the grip. As he picked it up, he held it with one hand and not a finger on the trigger as he stepped back to the curtain. "Until that weak compassion, that need for peace, comes back to haunt me...James Warner is dead...", before pausing to sit down at the desk, placing the revolver on the desk as he pulled out a book, it's title showing it to be the book about the Cult of Jericho, leading another voice to speak to him, this one being...different then any human he's ever heard. "Pull a name from the ether. Give yourself something that will be inconspicuous, a name that can't be associated with danger.". Flipping through the book, he reads some of the pages until his eyes turn to a sticky note on the back of the book. It reads, "If you need Herzog: Theren Norfolk", along with a phone number. Picking up the office phone, he calls the number, the dial tone barely ringing a single time before it picks up. "...Hello?", the voice says, calm and collected with no emotion or caring. Warner then says, "Hello! This is...Jess. Jess Warner. I'm calling because I was told you know something about someone or something named...Herzog?", with the phone call continuing as the night went on...

...Wow.

If any of you are offended, or disturbed, or thought I took things too far, or simply had this hit too close to home, I'm sorry. This is the story I want to tell, and I'm sorry that I troubled you with this. This actually troubled me too. I wrote this thinking it would be disturbing and a way to forward Jess's character. By the time I finished, I was saddened. Apart from some of the more supernatural events, this seems all too real: someone pushed over the edge and hurting and/or killing someone they love, someone close to them. I am sorry if I hurt you guys by writing this. With that said, next intermission will be lighter in tone, since I had an idea for it to be a bit more happy, so if you guys still wanna go through with Chapter Three, think of it as therapy.

BiggerFish and Demon will be included in Chapter Three, Round Zero, so sorry I couldn't get to you guys yet.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 02:53:46 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 15, 2016, 04:57:13 am »

Very nice writing.  Love dark violent stories, they're really good at drawing one in. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 15, 2016, 05:03:36 am »

Very nice writing.  Love dark violent stories, they're really good at drawing one in. 

...Huh. Thanks, man! I thought the whole, you know, patricide thing would be too personal and dark...then I remember certain Marvel and DC Comics have visually shown worse, so hindsight has shown me that I really shouldn't have worried like I did. But seriously, thanks!  :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:10:13 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 15, 2016, 06:49:38 am »

Whoo-ee....
Yikes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 15, 2016, 12:22:11 pm »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 15, 2016, 06:23:02 pm »

Just finished reading the thread up until this point, and this is really cool. Can y'all slap me onto the turn/waiting list?
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 15, 2016, 07:16:21 pm »

Just finished reading the thread up until this point, and this is really cool. Can y'all slap me onto the turn/waiting list?

Of course! I'll add you to the waitlist, and since Chapter Three is so soon, you won't be on there long.

EDIT: Since we only have 8, I have to ask, Hawk132: Wanna come back yet again? I know I don't have to ask, but I feel like it anyway.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 08:08:03 pm by Greatness942 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 16, 2016, 02:13:12 pm »

Alright. We might just begin with 8 players. Nothing against that, I can't expect everyone here to join in, but it still means that there will be less. I might introduce reinforcements just this once, just in case someone joins in. Also, due to an idea I've been working on, I will "fudge", or set, the Chapter's gametype, location, and date myself due to said idea.

Chapter Three will begin when I can get to it.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 16, 2016, 02:18:23 pm »

Hawk132: Wanna come back yet again?
Yeah, Psycho!Hawk is coming back for this one.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 16, 2016, 02:25:40 pm »

Hawk132: Wanna come back yet again?
Yeah, Psycho!Hawk is coming back for this one.

Then 9 it is.  :D

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 17, 2016, 07:37:46 am »

Chapter Three: The Test Subjects
Match One: Deathmatch
Round Zero: Norfolk
W.I.P Laboratories, Osaka, Japan
Early Morning, Cloudy, 7/20/2016

In dreams, one is not tethered to reality. Fantasy and wonder fill the subconscious mind like words spilling from a book into their thoughts as they drift into the veil of unconsciousness. Despite this, nightmares prowl into the darkness, feeding onto the fear that knows no existence. And as the sound of what seems like marble and bone shattering echoes through the chamber of the mind, one of the few men still dreaming awakens.

Beirus springs up from his seat, his mind wandering as he looks around. He is in a limousine, it's speed fast yet relaxing as he leans back into the rich leather seats. He turns his head left and right, still groggy as he turns and shifts in his seat. To his left is Logan "Jaws" Sawyer, still dressed in the hoodie, though with the change that the hood is down, revealing messy, black hair that is parted in the middle. To his right are Jess Warner and Veronica Sawyer, the two of them sat right next to eachother as they drink what appears to be whiskey from some martini glasses as they become more and more engrossed in each other's conversation. Beirus, not wanting to interrupt the couple, turns to Logan and says, "Um, I kind of dozed off. Where are we going, again?", the magic user turning to Beirus without any visible annoyance. "Um, I believe Jess said we were going to the main labs or something. I think he said something about bringing the dead back, or something.", he says, his voice calm with a helpful tone, leading Beirus to nod and slink back into his seat. After around 15 minutes more, the limo stops in front of W.I.P's Headquarters, which contains Jess's office among other offices. The four of them pile out of the car, Beirus and Logan stepping out and stopping in front of the building, it's height truly making it scrape the skies as it's silver windows gleam in the sunlight. Out of the car then comes Jess and Veronica, the two of them still holding both glasses of whiskey, before they all step inside. The main room at the bottom is the reception desk, with an older man sitting there filing paperwork. Jess walks towards him, the other three sitting down and waiting, but before long, Jess comes back to the group before leading them to an elevator. They all pile in, and Jess picks a floor near the top, the push of the button being accompanied by said button glowing yellow. As they ascended, Beirus asked a quick question, "Why is the laboratory in the main office?", to which the response from Veronica is, "My guess is that Jessie likes nerds.". Jess merely grins, the rest of them continuing to discuss topics like plot holes in films. Finally, the elevator stops at what appears to be, well, a laboratory. The room is black, with very bright lights overhead, giving the darkness a yellow glow that permeates throughout the facility. There are men and women in labcoats, men and women in Hazmat and Radiation suits, and what appear to be several robotic endoskeletons being tested via a treadmill, each droid walking in place as some scientists report their findings onto some clipboards. Jess begins his grand tour, obviously having fun as he leads all of them through the facility. "Well, this is the Laboratory, you all know this. Those are the W.I.P Mark XIVs. We're still testing them, figuring out the works, you know how these things do.", leading them over to the aforementioned robots and scientists. Jess then leads them through to a foundry, saying, "This is the Warner Industrial Program's Foundry. We make robotic parts here, we repair droids and guns here. It's our little repair station here.", with both Logan and Veronica replying with, "That's pretty cool.", causing Jess to say, "Pretty cool? This is- I mean, yeah it's pretty cool, but it's not what, or rather who, I wanted to show you. Follow me.", leading them to...what could only be described as slightly nightmarish. It appeared to be a sub-room, with pods and autopsy tables containing several humans. What made Beirus almost vomit was that every single body on the tables...were past opponents. DigitalDemon with a bullet in his skull, Hawk with a gaping stab wound in his skull, BiggerFish with his head and arm missing, and the list went on and on. Meanwhile, the pods had everyone who lived, save BiggerFish...again. Another version of Hawk with a healing, yet still busted nose. Sir Intrigue, or perhaps just Person, with his fingers growing back inside of an odd blue liquid. A fresh new face, with a display reading "Subject Alpha-Niner 312, "Dolosus Doleus"" was also in the liquid, no injuries dotting him what so ever. Beirus and Veronica cover their mouths with their hands, while Logan puts on a face of disgust and discomfort. Jess, meanwhile, is also disturbed, but braves through it as he approaches a scientist. He is wearing a standard lab coat, and has pale skin that's a much more healthy pale then Jess or Jaws has. He has no hair except for some white tuffs, and he's holding a clipboard under his left arm. Jess speaks to him for a few seconds, before leading him to the group. "Veronica, Logan, Beirus. This is my Research Director.", he says, turning the Director's attention to the group. He wore opaque glasses that showed neither eye at all, and he's wearing dark grey scrubs. "Meet my friend Logan, my girlfriend Veronica, and my other friend Beirus.", he continues, because I've figured it out.. The Director turns to Beirus before speaking, his voice with no emotion or caring, a deadpan tone as though speaking to an individual bored of lift itself, "You are Beirus?", leading said Wiki-Warrior to say, "Yes, sir. What's your name?", to which the Director responds with, "I am Theren Norfolk.", that simple sentence being all it took to shake Beirus. If the man in front of him was still speaking, neither sound nor visual played out as Beirus could only barely acknowledge him. Theren Norfolk. The Operator said he would aid their plans, aid the apocalypse, and he's right there. Finally, he is able to hear the conversation from Theren and Jess. "So, okay. I was told you know about the thing, you had your guys figure it out, yeah? So, where's Her-", "No.", "N-No?", "What I'm doing here is aiding you with the Wiki-Warriors. Bringing them back again and again, just for them to die again. I wish to observe their behavior on the battlefield. Let me do that, and Herzog is yours.". Stepping back, Jess considers it for a moment, before nodding and shaking Theren's hand. Logan turns to Beirus, saying, "You ready?", to which Beirus nods. Theren turns to a table, interrupting what might have been their teleportation to casually observe a table, with a Red SOUL hovering over a pile of blood and gore. [7] Suddenly, with a glow of purple light, the gore re-assembles around the SOUL, before transforming back into DigitalDemon, who gasps for breath before she looks around, scared. Theren merely says, "Digital Demon II. Alright, now you may take us.", leading to Logan waving his hands, before a purple light envelops everyone it can, teleporting them away...

After only a day, BiggerFish and co. have reassembled at the table, preparing to head out. After drinking coffee and making small talk, it becomes time to go. Before he can, however, Alexis checks her phone before springing up from her seat and rushing to the door, before she swings it open to reveal a box addressed to "Ernest Thornhill" on the step. Placing it onto the table, she pulls a crowbar out from under the table before cracking the box open. Inside are 4 Bluetooth speakers, meant to be connected to the ears of all four members of the cell. "Alright, so here's what we got for..ahem, "Ernest Thornhill's security detail". Even though everyone's gone, it still got here.", says Alexis, everyone grabbing one. Abigail then says, "This way, we can all talk to eachother without using our mobile phones, in case a number comes up.", leading to BiggerFish nodding. He places it in his ear, just in time as it were as a purple light envelops his body. Just before he goes, Abigail says, "Please make it back this time!", to which Fish replies with, "I will...", a smile on his face before he disappears completely...

As quickly as it happened, the purple light left Jess, Theren's, and the Sawyer's eyes as they looked out to a museum, many different train engines being on open display of all sorts of colors. In the middle of the outdoors, 9 figures were beginning to wake up, one of them being the now groggy Beirus in his armor, as they all rose to their feet. Looking around, they spot Jess pull his 44. Magnum out of his pocket before aiming it at the sky, before saying, "There is no objective...you're only goal is to kill each other. Since there's one less of you, we'll be willing to let in one additional Wiki-Warrior, but otherwise, it's a free for all.". With earplugs being firmly in the ears of Logan and Veronica, and simple stoicism in Theren's facial expression, Jess says, "...GO!", before firing the gun into the air, signalling the battle to commence.
-----------------------
BSN: Finally, am I right?

Yes, Chapter Three is finally here! There's some plot, and it's shown just how people come back time after time. Also, I actually didn't fix this one. I was having second thoughts so I rolled the D4, and I got a Deathmatch, so I just knew that I had an idea. I rando'd the location, and now we're here. Also, Elephant Parade, your character's gender is, in fact, a play on the name. You'll see what I mean. Now...onto the sheets.

------------------------
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 17, 2016, 08:04:05 am »

"Heh, time to fight yet again. Now, lets see. Easy, normal, hard, or lunatic? Lets have fate decide." I muttered to myself before I used the one ability I had and unleashed bullet hell, aiming for the closest/anyone who charged at me.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 106