Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141245 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Twenty (2/10, 7 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1125 on: January 06, 2017, 02:43:05 am »

((Yeah, but Aether Manipulation says I get to warp reality. Why can't I warp it so that my Alchemy works? Also, my alkahestry tracked across plates back when I tracked that one guy in Round 1 for TCM while I was in Rwanda. And Alkahestry doesn't do tectonics, it does the dragon force thing that flows through the whole planet.

Also, Fish, I wished everyone on the planet to safety once. The deaths of the ones you brought back that die through collateral are on you.))

Edit: ((Also, I'm not causing anything to do with the wars. The cable that an electrical charge passes through or the rails a train runs on are not the cause of the charge or the train. I did not start the Wars and I did not start the rounds. I'm outside of the whole process that continues the Wars, other than as a participant, which makes me more like a cog in a watch, not the spring that wound it.))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:49:05 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 06, 2017, 02:46:35 am »

((Very good points, yes. Cut me some slack, I haven't watched FMA:B in a while. I guess you could warp it across Tectonic Plates, and looking back, I saw no problem with how you used Alkahestry back then. I meant Alchemy does plates. Cut me some slack, I easily forget things.

Also, who died that he, specifically, brought back from the dead? I think I'm missing part of something.))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 06, 2017, 02:49:53 am »

((Very good points, yes. Cut me some slack, I haven't watched FMA:B in a while. I guess you could warp it across Tectonic Plates, and looking back, I saw no problem with how you used Alkahestry back then. I meant Alchemy does plates. Cut me some slack, I easily forget things.

Also, who died that he, specifically, brought back from the dead? I think I'm missing part of something.))

((He brought Abigail back after she was presumably in the same safe place everyone else got sent to.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 06, 2017, 02:50:39 am »

((He brought Abigail back after she was presumably in the same safe place everyone else got sent to.))

Yeah, but she didn't die. He also brought Alexis and Carter to him, as well.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 06, 2017, 02:53:04 am »

Yeah, but she didn't die. He also brought Alexis and Carter to him, as well.

I see the confusion here. I meant that the deaths due to collateral damage of the people he brought from the safe place are on him. Wouldn't have happened if they stayed there.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 06, 2017, 02:59:49 am »

@Beirus: Ah, okay. That makes some sense. Also, your edit about your causation makes sense. I guess I can allow what you want to do. Let's see if Fish has anything else to say first, okay?

@Fish: Obviously, there will be an objection for something. If you disagree, please tell me why. Making a bad call could hurt the game and the players' feelings, and it's something I don't want to do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 06, 2017, 03:41:32 am »

The thing is, the people who perpetuate the Wars aren't like cogs in a machine, they're like fuel for an engine.  Take away the fuel, the engine doesn't work.

Literally, as far as the metaplot goes, even.

And if you remove a cog the thing stops working, so even if you are just a cog, you're still part of the process.

Also also, I'm going to go look at the wording of Beirus's wish and see if it has any interaction with this scenario.

...Yeah, hmm.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:53:47 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 06, 2017, 04:55:55 am »

((I get a rebuttal, right? Because I've got like two written already that tear that argument apart. Seems like you're confusing enabling something with causing it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 06, 2017, 04:57:53 am »

((If you are enabling something, you are part of the reasons it exists.  Ergo, causatively related.  Not a cause per se, but the effects of your actions are to perpetuate it.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 06, 2017, 05:03:30 am »

((But you are not the reason it was started. That is what causatively means. It means acting as a cause of something. Perpetuating something is different from causing something. Let's go back to that fuel example. Fuel by itself in an engine does nothing. It needs something to act on it first. That thing is the cause of the engine starting and running, not the fuel. A cause is what makes something exist in the first place, not what keeps it existing.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 06, 2017, 05:06:51 am »

((Causatively related to the Wiki-Wars is not quite the same as causing the Wiki-Wars.  If I had said causing, I'd agree.  But the fact that your actions can be linked to the perpetuation of the Wiki-Wars means you are (cause/effect) related to them.))
Sigtext

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 06, 2017, 05:14:23 am »

((No it doesn't. Causatively related means relating to causing, not effects derived from it. I did not create the Wars, and perpetuation has nothing to do with causation. There would not be perpetuation if something had not already caused it, and the things related to the cause, or bringing into existence, of something are causatively related, not those continuing to keep it existing. The Wars already had a cause by the time the first round started, and that round was an effect of that. I've got the definition of "cause" and "causative" if you'd like me to share it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 06, 2017, 05:20:36 am »

((You are still contributing to, ergo causing, the Wiki-Wars we are currently dealing with.  No, you didn't create them, but you have made them different by acting.  Like, to use that engine metaphor, you made the fuel explosive (well, more explosive), which causes the contraption to work differently whrn you start it up.))
Sigtext

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 06, 2017, 05:56:57 am »

((Spoilered for length. It's 5 AM, and my brain doesn't want to work anymore, so I'm gonna go to sleep.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 06, 2017, 06:10:16 am »

((Spoilered for length. It's 5 AM, and my brain doesn't want to work anymore, so I'm gonna go to sleep.))

Well, looking at the definitions you gave us...it kinda looks like you shot yourself in the foot.

See, you say you aren't producing the Wiki-Wars, yet you are a competitor. Everyone who plays this game is technically producing a bloodsport, interacting in it. Yes, it's a cosmic bloodsport, but in my opinion, production of a sport would be, well, playing the sport since you're producing a game of winners and losers, or in this case, survivors and fallen heroes.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 106