Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141244 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Twenty (2/10, 7 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1155 on: January 16, 2017, 05:54:36 am »

Chapter Three: The Test Subjects
Match One: Deathmatch
Round Twenty-Three: Not Ready to Die
Remains of Train 45-A's Cars
Evening, Cloudy, 7/20/2016

As the darkness surrounds the stealthy woman under the seat, the creaks of the broken car creating an atmosphere similar to an abandoned building, BiggerFish keeps hiding just in case. Suddenly, a red and black Rift blasts through space-time, sending light of a red color through the car. Three small Demons emerge, with their sharp teeth bared in a sadistic grin, as fire flickers in their palms. [3] One wrong move causes a noise, causing the imps to look to her seat, spotting her. As they move towards her, BiggerFish takes a deep breath and rushes out, charging towards the Rift. [8] She passes through it only seconds before it closes, the Imps grasping at the air where she was.

As the Rift closes behind him, Beirus pauses as his fingers begin shaking under his armor. He looks at his hands and says, "Nether? Something is wrong. It should have been Aether. But what does that mean? Is my soul being altered somehow?", looking to the two men in front of him. While Theren says nothing, Lucas has a look on his face. Not anything that stands out. No confusion, no smugness, no shock. He just has a unreadable glare. "Well, I suppose I should end this sooner rather than later, to keep my soul from becoming any more damaged than necessary. I suppose the good thing is that I can still enjoy my drink while I do so. Did you have any other questions, Lucas?", Beirus says as he finishes his glass through his helmet. Lucas's grin returns as he says, "Several. But I guess something normal is a good start. Any hobbies? ...Ah, who am I kidding, I've got something more pressing. What are you going to do after all this is over?". Before he answers, Beirus attempts to find Fish to end this once and for all. First, he places two fingers to the side of his helmet, activating his tracking device. [10+2] Through biological signs, he identifies every place Fish has been. Tsuyama, the phantom train, right behind him-Wait a minute. Beirus whips around to see Fish attempting to sneak away. She whips her head back, staring at the imposing figure in front of her. With destruction in mind, he combines his new found Nether capabilities and Alchemical destruction. [2+4 v 8] With sparks of red lightning, Beirus sends Alchemical energy out towards Fish, who dodges out of the way, allowing a nearby desk to become dust. Several Magical artifacts and technological wonders, such as the Book of Alastratis and a microscope, fall to the ground as Beirus's forcefield activates.

BSN: ...How did she-Nevermind.

But no, I actually didn't know if Fish would survive or not. That's dice games for you. On a side note, Beirus, want some boss music to go with this?

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 16, 2017, 06:09:56 am »

((Why not.))

"After this round, Lukas? I'm taking a vacation, going to visit some other universes. But at the end of the Wars? I don't know, I guess that would depend on whether or not I still exist."

"And Theren, I apologize. It seems this fight spilled over to our dinner anyway. Would you like me to stop trying to kill him? You are the host, after all. I wouldn't want to accidentally offend you."

If it doesn't work the first time, try again. Preferably without property damage. If my Imps get here this turn, have them grab fish and hold her down. Or kill her, one of the two.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:19:23 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 16, 2017, 03:01:15 pm »

Magical artifacts?  GET ARTIFACTS AND HOPE THEY'RE USEFUL.  ALSO DODGE LIKE HECK.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 20, 2017, 03:01:31 am »

((I'll do the turn soon. Sorry about the wait!))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 22, 2017, 02:28:44 pm »

Round Twenty-Three:
?
?

Boss Music: The Curse-Disturbed

With his brow furrowing in anger and confusion, his hands clenched in calm, yet blistering rage, Beirus turns back to Lucas and says, "After this round, Lucas? I'm taking a vacation, going to visit some other universes. But at the end of the Wars? I don't know, I guess that would depend on whether or not I still exist." before courteously saying, "And Theren, I apologize. It seems this fight spilled over to our dinner anyway. Would you like me to stop trying to kill him? You are the host, after all. I wouldn't want to accidentally offend you.". Lucas nods and Theren simply says, "If she survives this attack, then let her sit at the table. It would be a shame if any of my artifacts got destroyed.". Beirus claps again and tries to kill Fish with Alchemical Nether. [7+4 v 4] A bolt of red lightning flashes out towards Fish and, like TCM and the first PirateJoe, she has a chance of escape, but the cost of failure is great. [2+2 v 8-2 (Alchemic Power)] Miraculously, her feet give way as she dives out, just in time to see the bolt break through the wall. A city is visible. Namely, Rwanda itself is close by, as the cold day looms over. Fish sighs in relief, only to look down and see dusty stumps instead of hands and wrists.

Breathing hard, BiggerFish stands up and runs towards the destroyed table, sifting through the ruins with his stumps to find something useful to stop Beirus before it's too late. [2-2] She attempts to grab the Book of Alastratis, but fails. [4-2]Getting more results, she finds another book, this time a larger compendium called The Book of Advanced Hexes, by Dr. Salazar Undoon. The below average of the deal is a not, saying not to use the Runes inside the book to cast, as hunting for Cystallium is time consuming, and Blood Magic is risky. [4] A spiky, red, and glowing is on a nearby table, but it's effectiveness is slightly questionable, especially without hands.

BSN: Well, alrighty then.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:32:40 pm by Greatness942 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 22, 2017, 05:34:09 pm »

"Well, Fish, you heard our host. Have a seat. And leave those artifacts where they are. If you try to take one, I'll assume you want to fight. The imps should be along shortly, they should be able to help you eat and drink." Beirus says before nonchalantly walking over to pull a seat out for Fish and then walking back to his seat.

Have some more whiskey. But if Fish tries to continue the fight, hit her with an Alchemy and Nether infused soccer kick.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 22, 2017, 05:41:25 pm »

((I'll bet you all 20 internet points that Fish somehow manages to win this :P))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 22, 2017, 06:33:16 pm »

"Really, Beirus?  You're still playing into their hands."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 30, 2017, 06:07:41 pm »

((January 22nd was the latest turn? Whoops! I'll do the turn tonight. Sorry.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 31, 2017, 02:11:59 am »

Round Twenty-Four: Disarmed Succulence
Ruins of Rwanda, Africa
Night, Cloudy, 7/20/2016

With his foot tapping against the ground, kicking dust up with vigor, Beirus walks over to the wounded BiggerFish and quietly says, "Well, Fish, you heard our host. Have a seat. And leave those artifacts where they are. If you try to take one, I'll assume you want to fight. The imps should be along shortly, they should be able to help you eat and drink.". As he says that, another Rift pops open to reveal the three Imps, still walking with a mischievous gait, though one seems spooked as he wide eyes and constant checking of his six dictate. Beirus walks over to an empty chair and pulls it out, with the Imps clambering onto the table following, whilst pulling random food onto the plate. [Food Quality: 4] Other then a little bit of chicken wings, what's pulled onto the table appears to be blue and purple meat with wisps of dark energy cascading of them, with the drink looking like wine, save for the finger added as the little umbrella. "Seems right to me.", Lucas says simply, his fingers tapping the table quietly.

While the dust replacing her limbs had already hit the ground, no feeling of grieving had, so the look on the face of BiggerFish was not sorrow, but rather a scowl. Turning to the Disgraced Alchemist, she says, "Really, Beirus? You're still playing into their hands.", with a neutral tone that doesn't denote any emotion other then inquisitiveness.

BSN: No News. Skip!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 31, 2017, 09:34:24 am »

"Seriously.

Even this fighting still brings them ephemerally closer."
Sigtext

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 31, 2017, 09:40:03 am »

Waitlist me, please?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 31, 2017, 12:52:40 pm »

"And yet you participate as well, Fish. If you are truly against this fighting, you should forfeit the round. I only need one more wish, and then I can go somewhere out of their reach. By trying to stop me from doing that, you are helping them."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 31, 2017, 01:20:18 pm »

"Well, then.  Should we frame it first?  Make sure it does what it says it does?"
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 106