Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141268 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round 0 (8/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1215 on: February 20, 2017, 05:01:06 pm »

"Not interested."

Continue the hunt! Find Herzog, so that I may rip out his entrails.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 27, 2017, 01:50:41 pm »

((Sorry about the lack of updates! Just been doing other stuff.))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 28, 2017, 02:11:15 pm »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Match III: Elimination
Round II: Damaged
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Morning, Clear Sky, 7/23/2016

With eyes narrowed in deep concentration, his hands wringed together as focus beckons his mind, BiggerFish's fingers snap as an idea draws itself closer. "...I have a plan.  You know how you can medically induce death? And then fix it? Get me whatsit and whatsit. Well I probably already have whatsit and whatsit somewhere if Thornhill is as smart as ever...Herzog! You getting this?", he says, hoping that Herzog can hear him. [7] "Ja, sounds good! About as good as being a sitting duck for the machine sounds like! I'm all for it if the 223 allows it." BiggerFish catches that, the changes to the tone of voice, which sound even more frantic, like a Hollywood crazy person act. Fish disregards this, being the first to open the door to the left. When he opens it, he sees a man, no, the man. White hair neatly combed, with a few ends sticking up here and there. Wrinkles and scars adorn his face and hands, indicative of his age, as his green eyes show a lifetime of misery. He is shaking quite a bit, a grin popping up now and again as fear comes and goes through his features. He is wearing a popped open suit, no tie to be seen on his person. [1] Fish sees or hears nothing, save for the shaking, that could be indicative of anything, and thus he calmly sits down, Herzog only acknowledging his presence with an unsteady glare.

With the door open, OceanSoul need not ask if Herzog can hear her symphony as she pulls out her keyboard and begins playing a remixed "Truth by Alexander", each note played in a beautiful melody. [4+2 (Experimental Music)] Though, due to...newfound practice, she botches some, it seems to work as Fish and anyone peering into the room can see Herzog suddenly staring off into space, as though his thoughts were now clear. OceanSoul calmly says, "So..you DON'T want to kill any of us?", hoping to get a clear yes or no. What truly happens is that Herzog's left eye begins a nervous, uncomfortable twitch as his hands begin shaking again. Then, a hiss, as though in pain, leaves his lips as he suddenly yells out "TRAITORS!", before slamming a quite large kitchen knife into the table, shaking it. He begins babbling incoherently [8] which everyone can hear. "The book! The book, here to kill me, here to killthem. The light, I see them, 223 take sthem. The Nine sha ll free the souls left behind, calling. Book tore me, is hall fx them. Please th masters I seek to kill. I shall save this world, I sahw doom this wo-", before suddenly stopping, turning his head towards the door as he hisses out, "I-I mean, yes, but I o-only...", before lowering his head and sniffling.

Sensing the pain of the poor man, with whom the diagnosis is clear insanity from some external force, Person walks into the room, the man's eyes widening as he sees the android enter, and sits down. It intones, "Sorry about some of my companions. They can be a bit hasty at times. This is a nice place you have here mister...", hoping to get his name. A quiet and nervous, "H-Herzog...please, help me.", is all that's needed.

Shuffling away from the door, the whiskey bottle still filled with booze as it turns upside down to act as a club, NRDL tries to sneak in to the room [8] and, except for his companions, remains undetected, as he slips behind Herzog, waiting for the right time.

Frowning, with her arms crossed in thought, PirateJoe muses to herself, "So...I'm a clone? I guess I'm not opposed, but...", before shaking her head and gesturing in the Korean soldiers, who stand watch by the door. Entering the room, PirateJoe sits down and says, "I take it you are Mr. Herzog, or at least someone who works for him.", with a simple "J-Ja."

Scowling in anger, his teeth bare and sharp as though looking at spiked gauntlets, DolosusDoleus bellows out, "Why should I trust that there is nothing in the food, that you don't wish to kill us? No. Even though I don't trust my masters, I trust you less.", before he walks towards another door, to check for anything else to kill, before entering the main course. Picking the door situated by the right door, he opens it to find a stairway leading down into a basement. Walking down it, his weight destroying each step, he enters the basement to find something...odd, which is the word that would describe the room. It appears to be a morgue, a row of corpse preserving tanks similar to such a place lining the room. Some are open, displaying gunshot wounds on some of the bodies. Within the center of the room, dangling by a noose, is another corpse, this time a man in a suit with a double barreled shotgun on his back, as his eyes remain open, revealing the right eye to be bloody, almost entirely covered in red.

"...Bother.", Fallacy of Urist says, as he tries to get his cart moving again. [10] Suddenly, without warning, it launches itself into the manor, flinging him up the stairs.

With a sadistic, yet excitable grin, and clenched hands, Hawk says, "Not interested.", before rushing into the kitchen and leaping at Herzog. [4 v 10] Suddenly, Herzog disappears in a burst of smoke and flame, causing Hawk to hit the chair and fall to the ground. Before she can ask what the big deal is, she suddenly sees a revolver placed up to her skull. [2 v 3] Hawk narrowly dodges Herzog's bullet as he disappears again.

Appearing at the top of the stairs, Fallacy of Urist viewing this from upside down, Herzog suddenly appears, the gun in one hand and a leatherbound book pressed to his chest in the other, as he bellows out, his eyes turning yellow at certain points, "I knew it! All of you want to kill me! Steal this book that has given me so much! It saved me. It gave me power! I don't care why you sycophants are here. Save the world? Destroy it! It's too late! Shame what happens when a species that kills itself just fine wants to end other lives! No more! I am not lying down and bowing to the whim of The Triad! When I kill all of you, I'll kill the Operator. Jericho. Warner. Those brothers and sisters. ASTRID! I will save this world...by burning it myself!". Flipping the book open, he says an non-human phrase, the speaking in tongues leaving everyone unnerved, as hands begin bursting out of the ground. Decaying flesh pops out of the floorboards as purple eyed Zombies emerge, growling and screaming, as Herzog disappears again.

BSN: ...Awesome.

Did I do well with this? I mean, looking back, it doesn't seem too sudden or stilted, but unlike the last few times, I want to know from the players/readers if the chapter was up to scratch.

Herzog's Theme: Chasm-Circle of Dust

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 28, 2017, 03:23:03 pm »

Person! Yes, you, the robot with the guitar and banjo. If we work together, I can mix Stairway to Heaven into bringing these undead back to the grave! Wanna help?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 28, 2017, 03:35:15 pm »

Use biology to make sure that the noose-corpse is, in fact, dead and not in some state of undeath. If it is actually dead, take the shotgun. If not, tear it into tiny pieces before taking the shotgun.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 28, 2017, 03:35:40 pm »

....Find Herzog.  Again.  Defend self from zombies with the Battle Rod.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 28, 2017, 08:08:41 pm »

"For the record, I might've considered talking to you if you hadn't summoned an army of the living dead to kill us, and by extension, me. Good grief."

Batter-up! Any zombie that gets anywhere near Fallacy gets knocked down the stairs by a strong strike from one of his two bats.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 28, 2017, 08:10:56 pm »

"I'm not sure whether he's the victim or the perpetrator..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 28, 2017, 11:00:40 pm »

"Oh for Kanako's sake.... Remind me to defenestrate the one who caused Herzog to go stark raving mad." I said before motioning for the guards to protect me after I took out the two green automatic handguns I had. Thinking about it now, it was fitting that I had a weapon of a character I liked...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 01, 2017, 12:17:54 am »

"Dammnit, knew it wasn't gonna be this simple..."

"We gotta get the book away from him somehow.

Launch spiked balls at zombies, while searching for Herzog.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 01, 2017, 12:26:28 pm »

Person! Yes, you, the robot with the guitar and banjo. If we work together, I can mix Stairway to Heaven into bringing these undead back to the grave! Wanna help?

"I'm down for that!"

Use my guitar and join OceanSoul if they play. If any of the undead get too close to me, beat them away with it.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 01, 2017, 12:38:25 pm »

"I'm down for that!"

Use my guitar and join OceanSoul if they play. If any of the undead get too close to me, beat them away with it.
Play and remix, then!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 03, 2017, 10:56:23 am »

The hunt continues! Look for Herzog while killing any zeds in my way.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 04, 2017, 10:35:31 pm »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Match III: Elimination
Round III:
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Morning, Clear Sky, 7/23/2016

Chasm-Circle of Dust

As the growls surrounding them grow in volume, the Zombies' gnashing teeth and bared, claw-like nails aimed towards the warriors, OceanSoul peers down to his keyboard and snaps his fingers. Pointing to the H.I close by, who is backing up away from some of the approaching former corpses, he says, "Person! Yes, you, the robot with the guitar and banjo. If we work together, I can mix Stairway to Heaven into bringing these undead back to the grave! Wanna help?", ready and willing to exact his plan. Person turns to him and chirps, "I'm down for that!", before both raise their instruments [2+2+2 (Person's Aid] and play a remixed Stairway to Heaven, quite the beautiful composition, if I might say, which creates an Aether Rift. As the white and gold emanates a glow of might, some, though not all, of the Zombies get sucked in to the space-time tear. One of the remaining ones shambles towards Person [6 v 1], only to get socked in it's now broken jaw by Person, who swings his guitar wildly.

With a snarl and the grinding of teeth, Dolosus Doleus cracks his knuckles and, using his skill in biology, attempts to figure out if the corpse is actually a corpse or is still among the living. [7+2] Dolosus can tell, from it's genuine breath to the flinching of the muscles, is that the body is neither dead nor undead, he's alive. There is a living man hanging in front of him. Baring claws, Dolosus attempts to tear the corpse apart for his shotgun [8 v 3] and cuts down the body before beginning to slice into him. As blood flies from the body, he notices the man is still moving [8 v 8] before he socks the alligator-human hybrid in the face, doing no damage. Standing up, Dolosus did quite a bit of damage, with hanging intestines and lots of blood pouring out, staining the ground below him. His left hand rises up to shake, his eyes showing soft fear. As Dolosus charges to finish the job, the man holds his arm out [5 v 1] as Dolosus's vision suddenly goes black and white, tripping over his feet. When rising, he sees the morgue now in disarray, improperly colored fire and vines surrounding the torn-about area, with several pods open to reveal mutilated bodies. When he stands up [4 v 3], he gets a big smack from the butt of the double-barreled shotgun, which makes him wince before opening his eyes to reveal the morgue, perfectly fine and in color. Aside from the man disappearing, Dolosus sees nothing, though when looking down, he sees a large pistol, the IMI Desert Eagle, with some ammo and a note pinned to it: "No one's been able to hurt me that bad. Ask yourself as you retrieve this gun: is your reality the real one, or is mine real? -G"

With a groan and a hand over his battle rod (...Um, moving on.), BiggerFish looks around for any sign of where Herzog is [1], but finds not only no luck, but his standing there and looking allows a Zombie to charge towards him [7 v 5] and smack him across the face, sending him sprawling to the floor. Fish pulls out and fires the battle rod [4 v 6], but misses due to unsteady aim. Getting up, he attempts to avoid more incidents [9] and successfully launches himself into a cupboard, closing the door to think. As he does so, the voice of Abigail calls out to him. "Fish? Is everything alright, what's happening?"

As the Zombies swarm the area, only around ten of them remaining from the Rift and broken jaw, Fallacy of Urist taps his feet against the ground, his dissatisfaction showing in his face, before he bellows out to anyone who can hear, including (hopefully) Herzog, "For the record, I might've considered talking to you if you hadn't summoned an army of the living dead to kill us, and by extension, me...good grief.". Pulling out his bats, two Zombies charge up the stairs [4 v 3, 1 v 6] with Fallacy smacking one down, though otherwise fine. The other flails around enough that Fallacy trips, his feet slipping as he falls down the stairs [Medical: 7], scratching him up as he lands on the ground.

As the growls and cries of the undead fill the air, insatiable hunger apparent on their twisted and rotting faces, the sudden cry of "Oh for Kanako's sake!", twists them towards PirateJoe as she pulls StormFlower out of her sleeves. Motioning to her guards to protect her, she muses "Remind me to defenestrate the one who caused Herzog to go stark raving mad.", to which all three nod, before she fires into the crowd. [5 v 2] With two shots, she blasts one Zombie down. Only nine still shamble.

Exasperation is apparent in the eyes of NRDL, narrowed in annoyance as swift hands grab the SBL (Spiked Ball Launcher) and aim it towards the Zombies. "Damn it, knew it wasn't gonna be this simple...We gotta get the book away from him somehow.", he says, before launching two balls towards them. [3 v 10, 10 v 9] One misses a charging Zed, while another grazes a Zombie who is now flung into the kitchen. The Zed runs [1 v 10] straight into another spiked ball which causes it's head to gorily explode. Running towards the door on the right, he kicks it open to reveal a bathroom, [5] the distinct glow of a Chaos Emerald emerging from the toilet. The bathroom is a beautiful, cool blue that calms the nerves right down.
Zeds Left: 8

Dashing up the stairs [8 v 4] with a now re-dead Zombie falling away from her, Hawk looks down the hall at the tip of the stairs, revealing four more doors: two on the left, one on the right, and one dead center. Picking a random one, the one on the right to be specific, Hawk opens it to find a bedroom, with a grand master bed and a large TV on the wall. [8] From the faint waft of some unknown substance, Hawk has a hunch that Herzog is in this room...but where?
Zeds Left: 7

Joe's Korean soldiers charge towards the Zombies, ancient swords being sent towards them. [8 v 4, 3 v 5, 4 v 3] One soldier manages a running slice, lopping one's head off as his companion misses the mark, skidding to a halt. The third warrior slashes one open, but due to their nature as Zombies, does nothing to it.
Zeds Left: 6

In retaliation, the slashed Zombie charges towards the Soldier [8 v 8], but trips and rolls around on the ground.

BSN: Quite a bit of mystery, might lead up to a twist, you see! Nothing's set in stone, and I cannot tell a lie. But some things are pre-ordained, and there are good reasons why.

But enough rhyming. Sheets.

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 04, 2017, 11:01:24 pm »

Grab Chaos Emerald, keep firing at zombies.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 106