Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 140971 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round XI (10/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1425 on: August 16, 2017, 05:04:47 am »

Examine the perimeter of the house looking for Herzog.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 17, 2017, 12:12:53 am »

still here
I try to enter the research station 

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 01, 2017, 09:23:48 pm »

I saw Dolosus_Doleus say this game is dead on his Wiki-Warfare, so update time: No. It's really not.

At first, it was just up to my laziness. Then, I decided to get off my ass and update...my other two games. Earth IV went a long while without a turn, and Zodiac less so. Then, things started getting busy. Real busy. I didn't have time to do it, nor the motivation. Between doing a part-time job, actually leaving the house, and simple lazy downtime playing copies of video games I recently got, I just didn't feel like it.

It upset me that Dolosus said my game died, because it makes me feel like I failed. So, a new turn will come out soon, and follow-up turns will come out at a decent time in the future, come Hell or High Water, because damn it, this is my problem and I'm fixing it.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 01, 2017, 09:28:31 pm »

Well then mind waitlisting me Greatness  :D
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 01, 2017, 09:53:23 pm »

No. No, I do not mind. Adding you on after the next turn goes live.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 01, 2017, 09:59:03 pm »

Can i get onto the waitlist too?
Insert witty signature here

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 01, 2017, 10:07:12 pm »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Elimination
Part XV: With a Fight Like This, I'm Never Gonna Win
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Early Evening, Fully Cloudy, 7/23/2016

As NRDL rushes back to the house amongst the burning wood and the smell of melting flesh, he can immediately see the crumpled form of Herzog as he lies on the grass. He is still visibly alive, but his right arm appears to have been snapped out of it's socket, and it seems like the wooden shrapnel slammed it's way through his face, as blood pours down his cheeks. "Hilfe..." he groans out, writhing in his agony. NRDL attempts to pull him away from the wreckage [4] In spite of his weight, which may be due to the aid of the Chaos Emeralds, NRDL pulls Herzog to safety, propping his back up on a nearby rock to watch the flickering flames. "Verdammt," he wheezes, "Der Betreiber dieser Welt kann nicht gewinnen."

Groaning and grumbling under the weight of the admittedly large pinprick of a sensation his wounds make, Dolosus Doleus says "How annoying." before rearing his fist back. [8+2 (Super Strength)] The tree shatters into wooden fragments, which he [7], with only one good arm, quickly fashions into a serviceable splint. Feeling his healing factor kick in, he rises up and watches the flames even more. [Healing Factor finishes in One Turn]

Rising up with furious determination in his eyes, Fallacy of Urist unsheathes his bats and begins a slow walk over to Herzog's location. With each crunching footstep, his tranquil fury raises up, his blood boiling as he clutches his bats hard. When he makes it to Herzog, he seems blind to anyone other than the twisted, broken man on the rock. "You know, I might have considered helping you out if you had talked to me. I wanted to talk. But when one of us attacked you, you reflected that on all of us and sent in a zombie horde. Indiscriminate. Goodbye." Herzog can only stare as he raises his bats up, before a voice interrupts. "Stop! Don't-", but the rage increases and Fallacy can only grin as her turns to attack Herzog's would be protector...[6+2+2+2 v 4] only to stare in horror as everything comes flooding back the minute NRDL's head explodes into a fine red paste. The only recognizable bit of him is a jawbone that flies away from the now bleeding neck stump. The body twitches for a second before unceremoniously and anti-climactically dropping onto the grass, staining the formerly green plants with red blood. Fallacy merely steps back, horrified at the sight.

Failbird turns back upon the collapse of the building, and runs back, searching for Herzog. [8] He comes across Herzog on the rock, still staring at the blood covered Fallacy of Urist, who is, himself, staring at the headless corpse of NRDL. Upon his identification, Failbird raises his gun up. [1 v 3] He pulls the trigger, grinning under his helmet, only to hear a *click*. The gun jammed, and so he is unable to fire on Herzog.

Pirate Joanna, annoyed and angry at what just happened, looks up to the sky to find whatever bomber dropped that payload. [2] However, due to the thick fog that comprises the clouds, she can't see anything related to the bomber plane.

After hearing the sound of everything collapse above it, Person looks around for any other way to escape. [2+2] The staircase to the attic should lead outside due to the damage, but the H.I needs to brave the fire to escape. Nodding, Person opens the door and races out. [3] The extreme heat throws off his sensors, however, and so [7 v 1] he is unable to see some falling debris coming. A large plank of wood suddenly falls, it's weight growing by two more planks falling just above it. The planks smash into Person's left shoulder, damaging it into a disabled state. In a moment of self-preservation, Person walks back down the stairs.

Using his newly found Vampiric senses, Lord Lemonpie peers down to the ruined mansion and tries to find Herzog. [5+2 (Vampiric Senses)] He spots him laying on a rock East of the destroyed estate. Pre-emptively, he pulls on a parachute and wais for his moment to strike.

Having survived the burning of the house, Ocean Soul immediately goes back to her mission and circles the perimeter, trying to track Herzog back down. [7] She finds him surrounded by people (including one dead man, presumably NRDL given his outfit] and hides behind a nearby tree, waiting for her moment to strike.

High Tyrol makes it to the research station nearby, his Mexican warriors following close by. He knocks on the doors and waits a moment, before a man opens the door in a labcoat, the tag "Dr. Norfolk" shining on the right. "Hello," he says in a stoic voice, "How may I help you?"

((Idle)) The Bigger Fish, shocked that all this happened, sits down on the grass and contemplates his next move.

The Moonlit Shadow also waits, staring at Herzog and his former allies, waiting for the right moment to remove them all from the equation.

BSN: Surprise! It came out now! I think that's a pretty good indicator of how serious I am with this: I banged out a new turn barely an hour after I said the game would return. So, if you had any suspicions due to my previous promises to update: feast your eyes.

NRDL (assuming you're still around, and you better be, I didn't bring this back so no one would see it), if you found your death fair, would you like to waitlist? And if you didn't, please tell me why.

Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ocean Soul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord_lemonpie (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 01, 2017, 10:07:31 pm »

Can i get onto the waitlist too?

Of course!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 01, 2017, 10:14:59 pm »

I saw Dolosus_Doleus say this game is dead on his Wiki-Warfare, so update time: No. It's really not.

At first, it was just up to my laziness. Then, I decided to get off my ass and update...my other two games. Earth IV went a long while without a turn, and Zodiac less so. Then, things started getting busy. Real busy. I didn't have time to do it, nor the motivation. Between doing a part-time job, actually leaving the house, and simple lazy downtime playing copies of video games I recently got, I just didn't feel like it.

It upset me that Dolosus said my game died, because it makes me feel like I failed. So, a new turn will come out soon, and follow-up turns will come out at a decent time in the future, come Hell or High Water, because damn it, this is my problem and I'm fixing it.

Oh, whoops. Sorry mate, I kind of assumed considering the time since the last post.

I'll just go ahead and fix that point in the OP of my thread.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:18:25 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 01, 2017, 10:19:20 pm »

Hey, man, it's fine. Hell, if I was just a player, I'da said the same thing. Changing it would be much appreciated.

On that note, are up for continuing on? Healing factor's on, the man's vulnerable, and he's surrounded by bitches who might need to move out they way, so...perfect opportunity.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 01, 2017, 10:36:43 pm »

Hey, man, it's fine. Hell, if I was just a player, I'da said the same thing. Changing it would be much appreciated.

On that note, are up for continuing on? Healing factor's on, the man's vulnerable, and he's surrounded by bitches who might need to move out they way, so...perfect opportunity.

Sure. Why not.

While recovering from wounds, slowly but surely walk up to Herzog.

"Die, worm."

Unload the entire magazine of my Deagle into his head. Should I somehow miss, crush his head into a pulp with my fists.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:21:30 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 01, 2017, 11:38:15 pm »

I have ABSOLUTELY no problem getting killed  :D  Certainly advances the situation. And please waitlist me.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round XV (10/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1437 on: October 01, 2017, 11:40:12 pm »

Alright! Also, because we now only have nine warriors, AbstractTraitorHero will join next turn. So, welcome!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 01, 2017, 11:45:09 pm »

((WOOOO!!))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 02, 2017, 08:17:27 am »

"What... why? After what you've done, why do they protect you?!"

Should I get a new article for a player kill? Anyways, attack Herzog again with same technique.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 106