Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 81879 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2016, 04:51:27 pm »

<I've got this fortress...>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 27, 2016, 04:59:42 pm »

"You are always welcome in my home, of course, but I assume you're looking for something a little larger than a tower and a rock dome."

"I don't know of any modern-day countries which find magic to be acceptable, but this reminds me of the tale of Zaaerath. You see, there was once a city of mages, which prospered, for a time. Dice of Order were almost certainly involved, and the place met a mysterious, violent doom. Even so, it provides a sort of precedent to what you're looking for."

"...actually, take the tome. I've hardly got a use for the thing anymore." (action edited).

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2016, 05:02:17 pm »

"How nice of you Samuel, I'm sure it will help me find my ideal land."

"I'm wondering, what would you think about connecting our different homes with a teleportation or gate system ? Of course we would add failsafes and emergency locking in case one of our homes would be overrun by something nasty."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2016, 12:01:08 pm »

"these fat little balls of hatred are nothing like cats in any wya at all! Why did I think of them as like cats, except different?! This is absurd! You little balls of hatred, go away! Shoo! Git!"

I cast Shut the Fuck Up, You Annoying Pieces of Fat Shit at all the twisted imps.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2016, 01:18:36 pm »

Let's see if we can try and talk to dear old mom from here mind to mind talk.
3. The spell resolves into something very basic. No images, no voice or language is transmitted, but only ideas. Non-abstract concepts.
Request of identity. Your mommy sends. Guess magic didn't bother informing her who's calling.

Soleus can't contain the tears when he sees Tec moving and operational.

"I will take good care of you from now on."

Soleus do wonder where is Samuel. Shouldn't he be waiting for him ? Maybe he got something funny going on.

Create an elevating platform to allow getting on/off the island a bit more easily. Then go check on Samuel, while leaving Tec and Anna to guard the villa.
3. The platform is small and rather unsteady, you really have to focus to stay on it if you don't want to fall off. Tec is not getting up with it, his balance is not on human level.

Samuel is there, just behind corner of one of those boxes.

Now, for a big one.

Make the fortress self-replenishing, modifiable, and helpful in whatever I decide to do.

This might be our most powerful spell since destruction of starting village.

6. The fortress shakes and stone groans under your feet. After shaking ends stone flows freely to block the only door trapping you in. Then a two meters tall stone gargoyle climbs out floor. Muscular, long sharp claws capable of rending flesh into ribbons, bestial mouth decorated with sharp teeths and quite evil looking eyes.

"You claim yourself as my master?" It hisses.

"YOU KILLED MY ORANGE JUICE BARREL COMPANION! YOU MURDER!"

Cast "Stompy Stomp" on the guard that killed the Orangejuice barrel.
The guard roars and charges at you, but for mages casting spells is as fast as thinking. That's not to say you think fast, but rather the guard stumbles over his feets. Teaches him important lesson about berserking. His last lesson in fact.

5. Invisible force slams down and pushes him into ground. In moments the force causes his protection against harm wear off with flash and then he's flattened with sickening crunch. Circular indent on ground around him serves to prove superiority of mages.

Step out of the shadow I was presumably hiding under and greet Soleus. Help Tec up if need be, and give Excavation of Zaaerath to Soleus.

"Why, hello, Soleus. I must apologize for the mess. You see, magic decided to give me an exponentially-growing glass orb, and I'm not quite sure what to do with it."
Tec can't get up with the unstable elevator thingy Soleus made. I guess you want to use magic for assist?

Book swithces owner.

The glass ball doubles again, now up to two meters wide. It doesn't have enough space for its next growth cycle, so you are left wondering what will happen.

"these fat little balls of hatred are nothing like cats in any wya at all! Why did I think of them as like cats, except different?! This is absurd! You little balls of hatred, go away! Shoo! Git!"

I cast Shut the Fuck Up, You Annoying Pieces of Fat Shit at all the twisted imps.

2. Those annoying pieces of fat shit do not shut up at all. If anything, they boost up their volume. That might be because your ears grew longer. A tuft of hair sprouts from your ear tips.

Dominic and Drunken Elephant: More marksmen arrive to the walls. Seeing that all friendlies on ground are down they don't hesitate to unleash volley of bolts on you both. It's not matter of dodging any more, [4,1] but thankfully all bolts merely plink off harmlessly your protected skin. Except Dominic. The last bolt breaks your protection from harm. The chaos spawn retreated up when volley came raining down, but now they come down to bite and claw your face very effectively. That's gonna be a bad distraction for your spell casting.

Another volley is coming in few seconds.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2016, 01:20:17 pm »

Cameron sends the thought of safety and trys to say son.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2016, 01:53:49 pm »

"Yes, yes I do.  Do I need to enforce that claim?

And why is everything I try to make except people starting out really creepy anyway?"

If needed, further assert dominance over the fortress with that 5.

Either way, request the fortress take on a more...Not grotesque avatar.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2016, 02:16:42 pm »

"Mmh poor Tec. If only...ah ! Of course !"

Use magic to make Tec a steel golem with flying thrusters and a deadly energy beam coming from its eyes if applicable.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2016, 05:03:52 pm »

"Nice try non-magician but magicians are the best! Now time for your friends to perish."

Cast "WATERCANNON" a strong burst of water flies out of my trunk and aim for the archers on the wall.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 28, 2016, 06:00:49 pm »

I'll cast Get Far Away From My Attackers!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 29, 2016, 12:32:04 pm »

Cameron sends the thought of safety and trys to say son.
Both idea of present safety and idea of male offspring goes through. Response is Happy. Desire/Need?

"Yes, yes I do.  Do I need to enforce that claim?

And why is everything I try to make except people starting out really creepy anyway?"

If needed, further assert dominance over the fortress with that 5.

Either way, request the fortress take on a more...Not grotesque avatar.

"No. Simply imprint is needed. Can't have just anybody making claims here. Your hand, please." the gargoyle hisses while extending its own arm. You extend yours in response and before you realize it, your arm is shoved elbow deep into gargoyle's teethy mouth. It bites down hard, looks suprised (because your skin and flesh doesn't break) and then it bites harder. A panic rises and you try to pull your arm out futilely, until your skin finally breaks and a bit of blood pours out. This seems to satisfy the gargoyle's need to bite. "Blood sample gained and master's identity ingrained."

It laughs at your request, but shifts its shape a bit nonetheless. "Scary and grotesque keeps citizens in line. You need to imprint fear of master into them. Otherwise they might not show respect you deserve. They need to be trained!"

"But now into business. How I may serve you today? I have noticed distinct lack of master bedroom, which is being handled right now, by the way, as well as some other necessities for pleasant life under mountain such as prisons, torture chambers, and bathrooms."

"Mmh poor Tec. If only...ah ! Of course !"

Use magic to make Tec a steel golem with flying thrusters and a deadly energy beam coming from its eyes if applicable.
What is this "thruster" you are talking about?

4. Tec's rocky skin crumbles off revealing gleaming steel core underneath. Pair of large wings bursts out of its back, resembling leathery bat wings, but being made of shining steel. Tec crouches down, pulls its wings up, and jumps. Single flap from its wings sends it rocketing upwards and causes small whirlwind of ash down where you and Samuel are. It manages to fly somewhat gracefully around your house and land near Anna.

I think energy beam would require separate spell, and its roll is 1.

"Nice try non-magician but magicians are the best! Now time for your friends to perish."

Cast "WATERCANNON" a strong burst of water flies out of my trunk and aim for the archers on the wall.
4. Near endless stream of high pressure water bursts out of your trunk. [1] ((Because aiming doesn't seem to be part of the spell.)) Controlling your trunk precisely when massive amounts of water is streaming through it is much harder than you expected. It flops around like berserking snake, the stream kicking dirt and rocks off the road and more than once tearing new holes into your pants. It is actually enough to break the protective enchantment on you and make you yell in pain as the stream rips skin off of your knee. And then comes the volley.

[5] You don't even notice the bolts whizzing past you, so preoccupied you are with new pain in your knee.

I'll cast Get Far Away From My Attackers!
[4] No problems with focus, it seems. It's good time to skedaddle somewhere safer.

6. Apparently magic doesn't consider those little fuckers as attackers because it brings them along to... fuck if you know where this is. And who cares, those reeky boil-brained maggot-pies have higher priority.

[1] You swing your arms wildly while expending your swearing vocabulary when of them gets on your face and pokes its tusks right into your eyes. You scream your lungs off and begin rapidly inventing new ways of swearing. This is MAJOR distraction for spell casting.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2016, 12:54:49 pm »

((Let's not go with the energy beam then, knowing magic, Tec will turns into an unstable fusion reactor on the verge of collapsing))

"That's perfect ! Hey Samuel, it seems your glass orb filled your cage."

After he used his scroll, Soleus said : "Well then. I guess I don't have much left to do here, farewell Samuel. I will contact you soon. And don't hesitate to call if you need some help."

Return to my villa, bidding Samuel goodbye. Read the Excavation of Zaaerath, and try to pin point the location of the ruins on my maps.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:24:05 pm by Nakéen »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 29, 2016, 02:13:09 pm »

"I do not think we need torture chambers.

And in any case, I would much rather not be the imperious tyrant lord who has torture chambers, that attracts all too much of the wrong kind of attention..."

But anyway...

Let's make the fortress a flying fortress, and provide transportation in the form of personally keyed teleportation bracelets.  Also, the bracelets should actually have teleportation coordinates off the fortress which will then be 'caught' by the fortress should the visitor be authorized and lead to a separate room to authenticate the wearer, the bracelets should not leave the possession of their owner (that is, the owner can take it off, but if it's stolen, or the owner is kidnapped, the bracelet and the owner will be reunited), and also, tweak the personality of the fortress, because I'd rather be benevolent than malevolent.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:22:26 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 29, 2016, 02:15:01 pm »

Look around for a beautiful lady seemingly in distress send mother the base message of someone is coming over and be careful also try to communicate as best as possible I'm at a party.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 29, 2016, 02:15:11 pm »

"Ah, yes. Thanks for reminding me."

Use a scroll to teleport the orb to... Tenhe, cage and all. Resolve to check back on it later, somehow.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 55