Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 82093 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Questing begins
« Reply #555 on: June 07, 2016, 11:03:32 am »

Also presume it is very different and nowhere as interesting as human sex.
I presume they just hold hands, and look passionately at each others. Like Pokémons.
Could be. Except there ain't much of passion in soulless being.

"Really.  If you're concerned, bring it up and I will explain the measures I'm taking to obviate that eventuality."

"Also, I really need to produce countermeasures against this..."
Laudata picks her words carefully. "My concerns are about consequences, my fate for... doing things I shouldn't."

Countermeasure for accidental mindreading is basically just not using it. Protecting yourself from mindreading almost certainly requires another enchantment or artifact.

I can't help but take a look with the Eye of Forbidden Sight.
No matter how long you stare through it, you don't see anything you can't see without it. A quick peek at your servants leads you consider the possiblity of the Eye being broken because they seem just normal humans. Dazed normal humans.

eight spells, the highest two are 3s. This is the second time I've had a run like this. And I still haven't figured out what triggers a die breakage.

Dominic consults the WorldBall for information on local magical conditions. He also checks some items on the shelves. He then sets the doombox to "assault anyone who isn't Dominic Calhoun which climbs onto CenTreepede." if that's a thing. otherwise he simply dials it down so that it only inflicts pain in the area of CenTreepede.

"Well, CenTreepede. I am almost regretting bringing you along, since I am confident that bringing you out into public will cause an outcry. An outcry I will be unable to quench with the dice as they are now. Well, no matter. I could probably plant a seed right here in the warehouse. I bet that wold do. I wonder though ... do these things need sunlight? or do they feed off of death? hmm. I should probably attempt to find a park or something and plant one there. What do you think?"
CenTreepede responds your question by shaking it leaves. It ain't much of conversationalist.

Zooming into your exact location and then outwards enough to see entirely of the city reveals that biggest concentration of magic is exactly where you are. You and your posse. There are handful of other blips indicating magic, but your presence outshines them by far. Two are in Emperor's palace, other three scattered around city's better areas.
You zoom further outwards and discover that the city is being completely covered by faint ambient magic field.

Closest shelves have large boxes on them. You pry one of them open and carefully feel what's inside. What greets you is smooth and soft fabric. Layers upon layers of velvet. Next box contains more velvet, one after that contains numerous spools of silk. You feel this warehouse might be too large for merely storing fabrics, although it isn't completely impossible. If it belongs to major merchant company focused on importing and trading expensive fabrics then it can all be that. Even if that isn't the case, it's still very unlikely it won't be guarded.

Thinking about that it might be better to silence doombox completely.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 07, 2016, 11:19:58 am »

Try and sense for my mother with magic.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 07, 2016, 11:54:08 am »

<Um.  Are you worried I'm going to get angry with you and do something...Rash, or something?  I'd...I'd be willing to do something to assure you if I had any clue what...>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 07, 2016, 03:00:22 pm »

as a token of good will to my business partner lets bless the mine with gold and ruby's
No sig yet

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 07, 2016, 04:36:24 pm »

"Ah yes. I suppose discretion and all that ..."
Silence the doombox. I then ... gosh, I'm in a tight spot here - in the middle of potentially hostile territory, where magic is probably going to be sensed by the powerful, with guaranteed failures for several turns. I cast Reclose Crates, and then I cast Disguise CenTreepede as a Large Crate, and park it in an out of the way location - preferably near some other rather large crates.

"We're all going to die, buddy. But if they catch yo, be sure to go out in a blaze of glory, rampaging through the warehouse and out into the streets. Do try to minimize civilian casualties, but make it memorable, okay? if I burn up these failures and have breath left in my lungs, or gills, or spiricles, I'll be back for you. And we'll animate that dead mage, and our orange juice barrel frienemy, and we'll march properly into the next capital, rather than hiding in the fabric section. And maybe we'll do something about our new guard fish too. and a little ... oh I wonder if this place has home renovation supplies? I bet it does. We'll do some proper shopping. just ... if you hear a very large explosion, or if reality warps and you gain the ability to sing, or the urge t owear tophats, or thousands of screaming souls in place of leaves, well, something has gone wrong. You'll know what to do."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 07, 2016, 11:23:03 pm »

Summon a pile of dust.

Then... hm. Give my house the ability to teleport wherever I want it to. Flight is all and very well, but there are already two flying fortresses out there. Got to make some effort at being unique.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 07, 2016, 11:57:45 pm »

It was such an orderly place. Pure symmetry, perfect shape, unshakable stability. To Soleus, this place appeared like the perfect antithesis of Wild Magic.

To Soleus, it felt as if something called out for him to break this Order, to shift the scales and throw off the balance.

He said to his servants: "Don't approach, no matter what happen."

Place my right hand palm on the smooth face of the Cube. Feel the temperature of the crystal, my heartbeat echoing, my breath coming and going.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 08, 2016, 01:20:21 pm »

Try and sense for my mother with magic.
3. Magic tells you that she's not within radius of one hundred meters. Very concerning relevation.

<Um.  Are you worried I'm going to get angry with you and do something...Rash, or something?  I'd...I'd be willing to do something to assure you if I had any clue what...>
<It is not my lord's reaction I am worried about. I have firm belief that my lord is level headed. Please do not pursue this matter any further. I'm unable to reveal anything more.> Laudata sends. No trace of falsehood there.

as a token of good will to my business partner lets bless the mine with gold and ruby's
1. Something changes inside you and breathing becomes suddenly much harder. Your abdominal muscles contract and you can't help but vomit. Out comes spray of liquid gold littered with bloody red crystals. Blood rubies. Entire entrance to your cave is covered with the mess. It's good thing you are not flying because you feel lighter than before. And sick. Another contraction is coming.

"Ah yes. I suppose discretion and all that ..."
Silence the doombox. I then ... gosh, I'm in a tight spot here - in the middle of potentially hostile territory, where magic is probably going to be sensed by the powerful, with guaranteed failures for several turns. I cast Reclose Crates, and then I cast Disguise CenTreepede as a Large Crate, and park it in an out of the way location - preferably near some other rather large crates.

"We're all going to die, buddy. But if they catch yo, be sure to go out in a blaze of glory, rampaging through the warehouse and out into the streets. Do try to minimize civilian casualties, but make it memorable, okay? if I burn up these failures and have breath left in my lungs, or gills, or spiricles, I'll be back for you. And we'll animate that dead mage, and our orange juice barrel frienemy, and we'll march properly into the next capital, rather than hiding in the fabric section. And maybe we'll do something about our new guard fish too. and a little ... oh I wonder if this place has home renovation supplies? I bet it does. We'll do some proper shopping. just ... if you hear a very large explosion, or if reality warps and you gain the ability to sing, or the urge t owear tophats, or thousands of screaming souls in place of leaves, well, something has gone wrong. You'll know what to do."
Doom box silenced.

2. Your eyes, mouth and nosetrills are forcibly closed long enough for primal fear to settle in. You spend precious minutes recovering after you can breathe and see again.

3. An illusion of large, long and partially broken crate is placed over your minion. It doesn't look like it belongs into this warehouse at all. But it is still less alarming than giant centipede statue.

Then you spend time looking for good place to park it, but fail to find one fast enough. Your minion's turn radius is too large to easily navigate this maze without knocking down anything. Front doors open and flood the warehouse with light. You are lucky enough to be in furtherst part to avoid instant detection. You can't see the people who came in, but it sounds like pair of heavily armed people. Guards on scheduled patrol? Or something worse?

((I'm sorry. RNG desires your death...))

Summon a pile of dust.

Then... hm. Give my house the ability to teleport wherever I want it to. Flight is all and very well, but there are already two flying fortresses out there. Got to make some effort at being unique.

2. Angry red light sparks fly out of you at steady rate. Doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.

5. The tower, the walls, and everything within teleports as single set to any location you desire as long as you have half decent idea of where you want to go. The spell tries to find closest unoccupied spot for your house. Failing at that, it looks for spot where least amount of matter needs to be displaced. Anything it displaces will end up in previous location of the house. Least amount of collateral damage, if you will.

You may want to do something about Calin's arm. It is starting to rot.

It was such an orderly place. Pure symmetry, perfect shape, unshakable stability. To Soleus, this place appeared like the perfect antithesis of Wild Magic.

To Soleus, it felt as if something called out for him to break this Order, to shift the scales and throw off the balance.

He said to his servants: "Don't approach, no matter what happen."

Place my right hand palm on the smooth face of the Cube. Feel the temperature of the crystal, my heartbeat echoing, my breath coming and going.
They probably wouldn't approach anyway. They too out of it.

You touch the crystal softly. It's like touching perfect barrier: perfectly smooth, unreactive, and without temperature. Then it vibrates and you hear a voice echoing in your head. Or not so much a voice than concepts and ideas that are not your own. Your mind tries hard to assign closest understood idea on those.

DESIGNATED COLLECTOR SOLEUS ARENDAR IDENTIFIED. CHAOS RECKONER ARRAY DETECTED. COLLECTION PERFORMANCE EVALUATION: UNKNOWN. NETWORK STATUS: UNAVAILABLE. LEVEL ZERO EMERGENCY PROTOCOLS IN PLACE.
NODE ONE ZERO IS SELF AUTHORIZED TO GRANT NEW DESIGNATION TO COLLECTOR SOLEUS ARENDAR. NEW DESIGNATION: MENDER. ACCEPT?

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 08, 2016, 02:29:41 pm »

((I'm sorry. RNG desires your death...))
((The RNG may take everything from us. CenTreepede will never die in our heart))

DESIGNATED COLLECTOR SOLEUS ARENDAR IDENTIFIED. CHAOS RECKONER ARRAY DETECTED. COLLECTION PERFORMANCE EVALUATION: UNKNOWN. NETWORK STATUS: UNAVAILABLE. LEVEL ZERO EMERGENCY PROTOCOLS IN PLACE.
NODE ONE ZERO IS SELF AUTHORIZED TO GRANT NEW DESIGNATION TO COLLECTOR SOLEUS ARENDAR. NEW DESIGNATION: MENDER. ACCEPT?

((Aaand thanks to quoting, I saw what I couldn't see.))
Soleus hears and feels words flowing in his head. His thoughts are so orderly right now.
"MENDER Designation Accepted. Requesting Access to MENDER Documentation and Annex."

DESIGNATION ACCEPTED.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 08, 2016, 02:46:15 pm »

Fix this now!, also try again
No sig yet

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 08, 2016, 03:42:10 pm »

Have you checked your roll queue lately?
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 08, 2016, 03:43:24 pm »

Knowing Bluexdog, it's highly unlikely :P

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 08, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »

(Am I just gonna keep barfing? if not disregard the action. and replace it with this one)

lets start that quest now. Summon more dragons
No sig yet

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 08, 2016, 04:26:36 pm »

<?!>

This is unnerving.

<I know you said you can't reveal anything more, but can you reveal why you can't reveal anything more or...?>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 08, 2016, 04:28:22 pm »

<I know you said you can't reveal anything more, but can you reveal why you can't reveal anything more or...?>
She is pregnant
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55