Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176386 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 0: The Nothing before [14/30] [talk-only]
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2016, 06:15:59 pm »

"I believe that a worshipper should simply be a worshipper, as being worshipped by powerful beings confers its own benefits. However, perhaps it should vary based on the amount of sentient life in the world in some way? After all, being worshipped by 10,000 of 20,000 living souls is more than 10,000 of billions."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2016, 06:41:50 pm »

"I believe that a worshipper should simply be a worshipper, as being worshipped by powerful beings confers its own benefits. However, perhaps it should vary based on the amount of sentient life in the world in some way? After all, being worshipped by 10,000 of 20,000 living souls is more than 10,000 of billions."
"I agree with him."

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2016, 06:46:18 pm »

"I too agree with him."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2016, 06:54:41 pm »

I see what you mean.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2016, 07:07:40 pm »

I see what you mean.

"0f....c0urs3....th1s...w1ll...l34d...2...c0mp3t1t10n....b3tw33n...g0ds...0v3r...w0rsh1pp3rs...wh1ch...1s...4lw4ys...4...g00d...th1ng..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2016, 07:11:08 pm »

I see what you mean.

"0f....c0urs3....th1s...w1ll...l34d...2...c0mp3t1t10n....b3tw33n...g0ds...0v3r...w0rsh1pp3rs...wh1ch...1s...4lw4ys...4...g00d...th1ng..."

"We should come up with a concrete system on how essence gain will work."
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2016, 07:20:45 pm »

"I like competition a reason to go to wa... I mean to make long lasting rivalries!"

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2016, 07:35:45 pm »

Propose

2a: Worship is based on planet population. Worship is calculated as so: P * 0.001 * F

P stands for the total planet population, while F stands for your worshipers over total planet population

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2016, 07:37:29 pm »

"I feel 20 is too much I mean I'd be okay with 10 but 20 is way too much to me."[/shadow]

"From my last world, traits could be added to planets to make the cost go down, so instead of it costing 20 it could cost less.

Propose

1.2b: Creations can have traits.

1.2.Pa: Add these traits to planets

Size+3: <~Saturn-sized (r~48000km/32000mi): <x3.4>
Size+2: Neptune-sized (r~24000km/16000mi): <x2.3>
Size+1: ? ? ?-sized (r~12000km/8000mi): <x1.5>
Size+0: Earth-sized (r~6000km/4000mi): <x1>
Size-1: Mars-sized (r~3000km/2000mi): <x0.7>
Size-2: Moon-sized (r~1500km/1000mi): <x0.4>
Size-3: Iapetus-sized (r~750km/500mi): <x0.3>

Oppose

Propose:
C5: The creation of a creature will cost 5 essence and any traits added to the creature costs 1-2 essence each depending on the traits!

Oppose

Propose
1.2.3a: Creating 1000 Sapient Creatures costs 4 Essence and traits are added on by multiplying the base cost

Oppose

1.2.3b: Creating Non Sapient non powerful Animals or plants costs 0E

Support

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]

"One requires order to make disorder? Strange, but I shall comply."
Axe 1: Propose that no worlds shall ever be of exact size.
"An altered proposal, but still contributing to unknown, without as much chaos."
Axe 2: Propose that worlds will never be controlled, there will always be something unexpected, be it monster, savior, underground world, etc.
"No change here though, just the same as before."

Oppose

Saukko ponders for a moment.

"10,000 souls is 10,000 souls, no matter how many souls there are in total.

We should receive Essence based on the number of people who worship us, but some degree of gain from the inflence we have over souls who do not worship us primarily. They should be treated separately."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2016, 09:04:44 pm »

Proposalog 0.0
0a: All proposals pertaining to rules start with the number 1
   +6 from Isgon, Axt, Vir, Atian, Saukko, Ascald
   -1 from Munroe

0b: All proposals pertaining to creation have the second number 2
   +4 from Isgon, Vir, Atian, Ascald
   -3 from Axt, Saukko, Munroe

0c: All proposals pertaining to planet creation have third number P
   -2 from Axt, Saukko

1.2.P: Planets cost a base cost of 20
   +3 from Isgon, Saukko. Ascald
   -4 from Axt, Vir, Atian, Munroe

1.2a: Gods working together get their creation cost multiplied by a set amount based on how many gods are working together
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   +2 from Isgon, Ascald
   -5 from Axt, Vir, Atian, Saukko, Munroe

+3? from Isgon, Ascald, Munroe?
   -1 from Saukko

+3 from Isgon, Ascald, Munroe
   -1 from Saukko

CNCL000.008: Planet's can be modified immediatly for 1 essence after they are made as long as everyone agrees on this modification and it is done in the same tick or the direct next tick.
   +1 from Vir
   -2 from Ascald, Munroe

CNCL000.009: No worlds shall ever be of exact size, and may even be several times larger or smaller than expected.
   +1 from Axt
   -1 from Ascald

CNCL000.010: Worlds will never be controlled, there will always be something unexpected, be it monster, savior, underground world, etc.
   +2 from Axt, Ascald

C5: The creation of a creature will cost 5 essence and any traits added to the creature costs 1-2 essence each depending on the traits!
   +3 from Atian, Vir, Xenia Satis
   -1 from Saukko

1.2.Pb: The maximum number of planets will be limited to some function of the number of existing gods.
   +1 from Ascald

1.2.3a: Creating 1000 Sapient Creatures costs 4 Essence and traits are added on by multiplying the base cost
   +2 from Isgon, Ascald
   -1 from Saukko

+2 from Isgon, Saukko
   -1 from Ascald
   1.2.3b.1?: 1E per two animals, considering it to be general categories like "bear" rather than  "Polar bear" and "Grizzly bear" being two different animals.
      +1 from Ascald

Axe 1: No worlds shall ever be of exact size.
   +2 from Axt, Ascald
   -3 from Atian, Urthon, Saukko

Axe 2: Worlds will never be controlled, there will always be something unexpected, be it monster, savior, underground world, etc.
   +4 from Axt, Ascald, Atian, Urthon
   -1 from Saukko

2a: Worship is based on planet population. Worship is calculated as so: P * 0.001 * F (GM note: Actual effect is 1E/1000 regardless of planetary population because the planet populations cancel out)
   +1 from Isgon

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2016, 09:08:16 pm »

Saukko Supports Axe 2, because it's silly. Whoops!

Axe 2: Worlds will never be controlled, there will always be something unexpected, be it monster, savior, underground world, etc.
   -1 from Saukko
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 0: The Nothing before [16/30] [talk-only]
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2016, 10:05:36 pm »

One would expect chaos and cacophony to follow in the wake of a Voidspawn coming into being, as per the custom. One might expect reality cracking and splintering as is customary. But this time Flue's entrance into the world was muted, and previous gods, especially their Relative, Meow, soon saw why.

An amalgam of cats forming a single greater cat formed out from as much essence as the Void. One would even assume this was a separate God unrelated to Flue if they did not speak in a single, drawling voice.

"Oh, managed to be fashionably late, again? And here one thought they could be novel. But the cosmos is still in the phase of creation this time. We- No, I, wonder how it would be like to be part of Creation. Hopefully, I didn't prevent a God from being born by merging with Divinity."

Flue arched their back lazily, and the previously obvious congregation of kitties seemed to meld into a single, gigantic cat. Well, gigantic relative to a mortal, at least. But here without mortals, Flue was more or less a normal-sized cat that happen to drip ink from her tail, ink red as blood in one angle and black as midnight in the other.

Proposalog 0.0
0a: All proposals pertaining to rules start with the number 1
   +6 from Isgon, Axt, Vir, Atian, Saukko, Ascald
   -1 from Munroe

0b: All proposals pertaining to creation have the second number 2
   -3 from Axt, Saukko, Munroe

0c: All proposals pertaining to planet creation have third number P
   -2 from Axt, Saukko

Support

"Organizing. Useful. Sometimes harmless."

1.2.P: Planets cost a base cost of 20
   +3 from Isgon, Saukko. Ascald
   -4 from Axt, Vir, Atian, Munroe

Support

"It would be grand if we don't fill the world with uninteresting rocks, rather than making a single interesting rock."

1.2a: Gods working together get their creation cost multiplied by a set amount based on how many gods are working together
   +2 from Isgon, Ascald
   -5 from Axt, Vir, Atian, Saukko, Munroe

Oppose

"It's not like we don't already have causes to not work together, no?"

+3? from Isgon, Ascald, Munroe?
   -1 from Saukko

Support

"Selbverständlich"

+3 from Isgon, Ascald, Munroe
   -1 from Saukko

CNCL000.008: Planet's can be modified immediatly for 1 essence after they are made as long as everyone agrees on this modification and it is done in the same tick or the direct next tick.
   +1 from Vir
   -2 from Ascald, Munroe

CNCL000.009: No worlds shall ever be of exact size, and may even be several times larger or smaller than expected.
   +1 from Axt
   -1 from Ascald

CNCL000.010: Worlds will never be controlled, there will always be something unexpected, be it monster, savior, underground world, etc.
   +2 from Axt, Ascald

Support

"Always, there are worse ideas than to gift our creations some freedom."

+3 from Atian, Vir, Xenia Satis
   -1 from Saukko

+2 from Isgon, Ascald
   -1 from Saukko

Oppose

"Nay. These limit the diversity of a creature's power."

1.2.Pb: The maximum number of planets will be limited to some function of the number of existing gods.
   +1 from Ascald

+2 from Isgon, Saukko
   -1 from Ascald
   1.2.3b.1?: 1E per two animals, considering it to be general categories like "bear" rather than  "Polar bear" and "Grizzly bear" being two different animals.
      +1 from Ascald

Axe 1: No worlds shall ever be of exact size.
   +2 from Axt, Ascald
   -3 from Atian, Urthon, Saukko

-1 from Saukko

2a: Worship is based on planet population. Worship is calculated as so: P * 0.001 * F (GM note: Actual effect is 1E/1000 regardless of planetary population because the planet populations cancel out)
   +1 from Isgon

Support

"Apologies, I must retire to my nonexistent library to think up of more synonyms."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 0: The Nothing before [17/30] [talk-only]
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2016, 10:14:01 pm »

proposal:
Tea party:every two ticks gods will convene for a small brunch consisting of the finest delicacys and drinks our world's have to offer and share information and advice this meeting will restore 5 essence.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2016, 10:15:13 pm »

"Tea party sounds good and it's a nice way to relax."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2016, 10:17:33 pm »

Oppose

"A tea party sounds nice, but why should it restore 5 Essence? Where does the Essence come from?"

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 135