Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176573 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 1.5: The Something Now [21/30]
« Reply #675 on: May 01, 2016, 06:56:33 pm »

((It would be the cost over 1. So the 3 trait would cost 2, the 1.5 would be 1.25, etc))

"So what if some spheres are more suited to creation of sentients than others? Surely that just means that your sphere has advantages in other areas."

"The ones who also gain from creature creation gain from this too. I don't mind differences in spheres resulting in one god being better at certain things, but races are an important aspect of maintaining influence and worship on the planets. No-one should benefit from getting cheaper creatures. Cheaper actions I would accept, but not bonuses for race creation."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 01, 2016, 06:59:43 pm »

"We need to create a better system for essence gain"
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 01, 2016, 07:00:50 pm »

"What's wrong with the one we have?"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 01, 2016, 07:03:07 pm »

"What's wrong with the one we have?"

"Can get out of hand quickly. Right now if we use the system we have you can create 4000 creatures and gain 4 essence per tick, which makes it so you gain a curve of +1 EE gain per tick, and it can get out of hand for us and crash our universe with the amount of work it will have to do calculating all the worship and stuff."
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 01, 2016, 07:10:03 pm »

"It is a simple enough system but you have a point: we regain invested essence much too quickly. What do you propose to fix this?"

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 01, 2016, 07:12:14 pm »

"New system for essence gain"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #681 on: May 01, 2016, 07:13:37 pm »

"We could introduce another reducing factor based on the total number of sentient beings in the universe, or perhaps just the number of worshippers one has themselves. This way one still wants to create worshippers, but diminishing returns are introduced."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 01, 2016, 07:14:59 pm »

"give me a few minutes, and I think I can Mcgyver something together"

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 01, 2016, 07:19:14 pm »

"I got it! We can do:"

(Your worshippers on planet/total worshipers on planet) * 10

"If we do this, it will emphasize conversion of religion and changing moons to suit your essence needs!"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 01, 2016, 07:22:01 pm »

"We could introduce another reducing factor based on the total number of sentient beings in the universe, or perhaps just the number of worshippers one has themselves. This way one still wants to create worshippers, but diminishing returns are introduced."

"I would much rather a simpler system be put into effect, perhaps by reducing the Nanking ((fucking what, phone?)) amount of Essence gained per follower than to rely on the total number of worshippers in existence, rewarding boring, generic creations."

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 01, 2016, 07:25:19 pm »

"I would much rather a simpler system be put into effect, perhaps by reducing the Nanking ((fucking what, phone?)) amount of Essence gained per follower than to rely on the total number of worshippers in existence, rewarding boring, generic creations."

"Maybe each race can have a piety amount based on how much was spent to create them and that can be factored into the equation somehow?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #686 on: May 01, 2016, 07:25:38 pm »

"I would like to see a system that's generous with Essence at first, however, so that we aren't left with mostly barren worlds for ages. Natural population growth can only go so far with such a small base, after all."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #687 on: May 01, 2016, 07:27:17 pm »

"We could simply just reduce the essence gained per worshipper to something smaller after a while, rather than devising a formula. Say, three ticks, then evaluate necessary reductions?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 1: The Something Now [19/30]
« Reply #688 on: May 01, 2016, 07:27:54 pm »

Tick 1 Errata
GID:02 is officially [PASSED] but [INACTIVE] due to The Everymind's potential vote for CNCL000.036.1 getting counted as an infinitesimally above 0
Say huh?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 01, 2016, 07:29:07 pm »

Proposal 1.4: Worship is calculated as 1E per every 2000 individuals.

"Maybe each race can have a piety amount based on how much was spent to create them and that can be factored into the equation somehow?"

AN INTERESTING SUGGESTION HAMPERED BY A THOUGHT: THE EFFORT REQUIRED WILL MAKE IT ALL NAUGHT.

"I would like to see a system that's generous with Essence at first, however, so that we aren't left with mostly barren worlds for ages. Natural population growth can only go so far with such a small base, after all."
PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE BEST LEARNT YOUNG.

Tick 1 Errata
GID:02 is officially [PASSED] but [INACTIVE] due to The Everymind's potential vote for CNCL000.036.1 getting counted as an infinitesimally above 0
Say huh?
((My suggestion was cancelled out by the competing proposal. Because of this, we have two planets and non-sentient stars/moons. Also Everymind's vote confused KJP as it may/may not be in support of .036.1))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 135