Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176550 times)

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 3.5: Rise of the Secondborn [20/30]
« Reply #915 on: May 03, 2016, 08:30:45 pm »

"Chaos Magic has been practically removed. So only a couple more adjustments and they should be ready to rumble."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #916 on: May 03, 2016, 08:31:35 pm »

"You still need to propose and debate costs for the traits listed as ??. I used fairly low estimates."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 03, 2016, 08:36:55 pm »

Propose

2.TC: Large Size, and Natural Weapon traits will cost .5 Essence.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #918 on: May 03, 2016, 08:37:50 pm »

"Trait costs are multipliers on the base of 4E."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 03, 2016, 08:40:02 pm »

"So every traits cost is multiplied by 4 right?"

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 03, 2016, 08:42:50 pm »

"No. Everything is multiplied together. Base cost * all the traits. Matter doesn't order cuz communitive property"
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #921 on: May 03, 2016, 08:42:58 pm »

"Until such time as we change the base costs of creatures, yes.

Ideally you'll list them as multipliers as many could be applied to other creations, such as beasts or divine agents."
GM of Trespassers V2.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 03, 2016, 08:44:28 pm »

A WORSHIP-CAPABLE SPECIES COSTS 4E. THESE TRAITS WOULD BE MULTIPLIED BY THE BASE COST. NOTE HOWEVER THAT ALL TRAITS ARE MULTIPLICATIVE AND THUS YOUR TRAITS SHOULD BE FORMATTED AS:

Large Size [1.5]
Natural Weapons [1.5]

REGARDLESS, AS PER OUR AGREEMENT,

SUPPORT
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 03, 2016, 08:47:22 pm »

Propose

Oppose

Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 03, 2016, 08:47:38 pm »

Propose

Saukko

Oppose

"It doesn't follow the syntax for traits we have all apparently agreed on as an unwritten rule.

Unless, of course, you are suggesting these things should be treated as x0.5, in which case they're too cheap."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #925 on: May 03, 2016, 08:50:13 pm »

Propose: Limitation of Magic: There may only be up to a certain number of magical schools in existence. Replacing one would require total destruction of all practitioners (or converting them to a different school, depowering them, etc) and a proposal to eliminate the prior school. Hesitantly propose a limit of 7.

Propose: Divine Agents: A divine agent costs 2E base, and selects from the same traits as normal creatures. An agent that may be directly controlled costs 3E base, unless said agent cannot act independently (e.g. a statue that only comes to life when a god controls it directly.) Divine agents are mortal (within a loose definition of such), and separate from any angels/devils/etc that may be proposed.

Propose: Banlist - Trait Combinations: Certain combinations of traits can be banned by the council.

The first proposed ban would be Resurrective Immortality + Infinite Lifespan.
GM of Trespassers V2.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 03, 2016, 09:01:05 pm »

Propose: Limitation of Magic: There may only be up to a certain number of magical schools in existence. Replacing one would require total destruction of all practitioners (or converting them to a different school, depowering them, etc) and a proposal to eliminate the prior school. Hesitantly propose a limit of 7.

Saukko

Amendment: Each god is allowed to create one school of magic only, at a cost of 5E with no collaboration. Should a deity wish to replace a school of magic they have created, they must remove all knowledge of its existence. If a deity is found to have created more than one school of magic, the knowledge for using the magic of both schools is wiped from existence - mortals memories are wiped and all documentation is destroyed - and the offending god is put into stasis, unable to act for 3 Ticks.

Propose: Divine Agents: A divine agent costs 2E base, and selects from the same traits as normal creatures. An agent that may be directly controlled costs 3E base, unless said agent cannot act independently (e.g. a statue that only comes to life when a god controls it directly.) Divine agents are mortal (within a loose definition of such), and separate from any angels/devils/etc that may be proposed.

Oppose

"This seems too cheap to me, and what is the difference between a divine agent and an angel or devil?"

Propose: Banlist - Trait Combinations: Certain combinations of traits can be banned by the council.

The first proposed ban would be Resurrective Immortality + Infinite Lifespan.[/b]

Support both
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 03, 2016, 09:01:27 pm »

A WORSHIP-CAPABLE SPECIES COSTS 4E. THESE TRAITS WOULD BE MULTIPLIED BY THE BASE COST. NOTE HOWEVER THAT ALL TRAITS ARE MULTIPLICATIVE AND THUS YOUR TRAITS SHOULD BE FORMATTED AS:

Large Size [1.5]
Natural Weapons [1.5]

REGARDLESS, AS PER OUR AGREEMENT,

SUPPORT

((On the current system, that would half the price? For a benefit? Unless you mean 1.5 multiplier, and they still need to have their effect explained.))

"As I understand, they are as follows:"
Strength +1 (1.5)
Martial Skill +1 (??, assuming 1.5)
Large Size (??, assuming 1.5)
Intelligence +2 (2)
Chaos Magic (??, assuming at least 2)
Natural Weapons (??, assuming 1.3)
Total Cost: 3*(4*(1+(.5+.5+.5+2+2)) = 57.6 essence. One unit costs 19.2 essence, conservatively.

"You are effectively trying to act with the power of three gods at once."

((That isn't the multiplayer we agreed on? It should be 4*1.5*1.5*1.5*2*2*1.3 with your assumptions, or 70.2. And even then, you did your math wrong, as with that the "at least two" would be 3. Plus intelligence +2 is actually 1.5*2*2 (if I understand right) or 4.5, making that wrong too. A bunch of those traits could get reserved to flavor if they had to. ))

Oppose. "...Po1ntless..."

Oppose. "Why...n0t...just...m4ke...a...m0rtal...then???..."

Oppose. Too much bookkeeping. Besides, one of those isn't even a trait yet.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 03, 2016, 09:05:58 pm »

Saukko

Proposal

All schools of magic must draw their power from leylines or directly from the god creating it. This will cost the god 0.5E per 1,000 practicioners, should they decided to go that route.

((probably. I didn't look back at the cost of the leyline stuff, so yeah... it should probably be a bit more expensive than the leylines as it means there aren't any geographic limitations, as in you don't need to put leylines everywhere you expect your races to be.))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #929 on: May 03, 2016, 09:07:42 pm »

((Multipliers are additive with one another. I also forgot to edit the 2s to 1s.))
"I envision the proposed divine agents as unique mortals given blessings of increased power or knowledge by their gods. Angels or devils would be more akin to soldiers and employees of the gods, and likely created en-masse, though I suppose one could combine the two systems - assuming one for the latter is ever proposed.

As far as the alleged 'pointlessness' of limiting the amount of magic systems, well, I believe having twenty or more competing systems of magic would be, to borrow a term from another creation cycle, an absolute clusterfuck."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 135