Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176664 times)

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 5: The Drollery Begins [21/30]
« Reply #1035 on: May 05, 2016, 04:59:42 am »

"Are there any mortals that dare challenge the Draki?!"

Walk among the Draki and encourage them to conquer the lands in the east!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:03:31 am by Atian the Elephantman God »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 05, 2016, 05:05:34 am »

"JOURNALISM GOD FORCED TO BREAK PROMISE OF NOT CREATING."

Mischief raises an island, Kri, near Gnu and Ka. ((We should give this archipelago a name.)) He places a node of Journalism in the center of it, then creates lush flora and fauna as well as 2000 Paperboys/girls on it.

Spoiler: Paperboys (click to show/hide)

((I might not be entirely done with these, but I should get something in sooner rather than later. I reserve the right to make changes until the action resolves.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 05, 2016, 05:06:54 am »

Isgon speaks to his Elephent hunters
"Go my hunters, bring peace and justice to the realm"
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 05, 2016, 05:11:10 am »

Welcome the presence of different gods on the Island of Gnu. Dealing with them will teach the Turtleonies proper discipline. Create a tiny pool of Turtle for the Swimmer. "You can swim in that, if you want. Take good care for it and build a proper shrine next to it." The node of turtles attracts turtles and changes non-sapient animals into turtle versions (e.g. Turtlephant). Read the prominent newspaper of Gnu.

Create a small node of discipline on Kri. Name that node Sapzarap. Sapzarap emits an aura that puts people back on-task and occassionally spits out dire-versions of animals that took a swim in the node.

Edit: "I propose the Map Proposal."
Spoiler: Map Proposal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:24:06 am by Detoxicated »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 05, 2016, 07:50:08 am »

Proposal:
Repeal anti prayer listening law

"No point to being a god if you don't even help or listen to your worship!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1040 on: May 05, 2016, 08:20:00 am »

Proposal:

Support
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 05, 2016, 08:46:17 am »

Proposal:

Support.
"Now then, time to teach my creations a thing or two."
Kyuu will go down to the planet and teach the Telrac how to use and make basic tools and then watch them.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 05, 2016, 08:52:20 am »

Proposal:
Oppose

"DRAGON GOD MAKES ATTEMPT ON BUBBLE'S EXISTENCE."

"Did you miss the speech I made on the fabric of space and time and the strain on it? This Bubble could be called a 'Lite' one, as it cannot take much complex action on the part of the gods. Answering prayers is, sadly, one such thing."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 4: March of the Titans [20/30]
« Reply #1043 on: May 05, 2016, 09:00:07 am »

"As it stands, long-lived is far too cheap for what you get. It should be much more expensive than short-lived. I don't like either idea anyway..."
"Really? I would think that even a small increase to population growth would be rather more significant than a small decrease in end-of-life technical skills and philosophy. To each their own, I suppose."
"We have something similar already."
"But not the same. This is not meant to merely minorly adapt a creature, it is meant to be an independent form of movement. Subterranean does not allow one to truly burrow through the earth, simply dig and mine somewhat more easily. This would be the strong version of the trait, so to speak.
"This is just an excuse to skirt the current rules we have proposed for magical power. There is nothing to stop this "innate magical power" being divine in nature, or able to challenge the power of a god."
"It is nothing of the sort! What kind of goddess do you take me for? That is why if one uses it for a power that does not seem suitable to the level of trait, and thus cost, that it creates, one may challenge. It is meant to allow for a variety of creations with powers otherwise unique and intrinsic to their nature without requiring a specific trait for each and every one of them, simply that we can establish a general price point for their abilities. Magic and divinity are inherently different, and if one dislikes the manner of power they are trying to accumulate in a creation, one may always challenge if they feel it is inappropriate for the level of Innate Magic involved. Though...now that I think about it...perhaps a cap on the level would not be a poor idea. And making all creature creation involved it forced to be public, so that it is in the open for rebuttal if necessary. Yes, I think that would be good."

Spoiler: Positions (click to show/hide)

Propose that gods may listen and answer to prayers in the manner appropriate to that particular god only subconsciously, but automatically, and only the most significant (aka plot-important/indicative of something you may really want to do something about) make it to the conscious minds of the gods.
Propose a limit on planets of 1/12 the current number of gods for gaseous planets, 1/6 the number of gods for terrestrial planets, and 1/2 the number of gods for total moons.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:14:18 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 05, 2016, 09:08:57 am »

Propose that gods may listen and answer to prayers in the manner appropriate to that particular god only subconsciously, but automatically, and only the most significant (aka plot-important/indicative of something you may really want to do something about) make it to the conscious minds of the gods.

Propose a limit on planets of 1/12 the current number of gods for gaseous planets, 1/6 the number of gods for terrestrial planets, and 1/2 the number of gods for total moons.

Support both

"BURNING QUEEN GIVES REASONABLE SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:11:01 am by IcyTea31 »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 05, 2016, 09:18:48 am »

Proposal:
Oppose

"DRAGON GOD MAKES ATTEMPT ON BUBBLE'S EXISTENCE."

"Did you miss the speech I made on the fabric of space and time and the strain on it? This Bubble could be called a 'Lite' one, as it cannot take much complex action on the part of the gods. Answering prayers is, sadly, one such thing."
"Yes I did but prayers is one of the least reality destroying things their ussaly a sentence and simple and in removing them all we truly do is make us terrible gods!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 05, 2016, 09:41:04 am »

"There are 21 of us around here, counting the the grouped gods as ones. Prayers usually come in at one pair per Tick. If all of us were to listen to prayers all the time, that would make 42 unique things added to the strain every single Tick. Sollia's proposal of abstracting and automating them seems like a decent compromise."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 05, 2016, 09:44:22 am »

Saukko

Support

Proposal:

Oppose
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 05, 2016, 09:49:54 am »

Urthon watches the Abyssal Shades, and attempts to discover whether or not he has any non-shade Followers.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 05, 2016, 09:56:41 am »

Create Vermillis - The Well-Mannered Traveller.
Spoiler: Vermillis (click to show/hide)
[/b]

Support
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 135