Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176597 times)

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 5: The Drollery Begins [21/30]
« Reply #1095 on: May 05, 2016, 09:07:12 pm »

Propose Trait: Ancestral Memory. Comes in four (technically five) levels:
-1: Creature has little to no information passed down from ancestors, and lacks everything but the most basic natural instinct. 0.8x cost.
(0: Creature has basic survival instincts passed down from ancestors, but no advanced knowledge. This is the baseline on which most creatures operate and has only been included for the sake of completeness; it's assumed everything possesses this.)
+1: Creature learns skills possessed by ancestors quickly, but not detailed information, which allows development of generally more skillful individuals (due to having effectively more practice with skills) over time. Example: A family of smiths will naturally produce children that are good smiths, even if separated at birth. 1.2x
+2: Creature retains the skill levels of previous generations, but not information. 1.5x
+3: Creature retains skills and information known by previous generations (though things can still be forgotten if not used.) 2.5x

"I would ask for amendments or suggestions, but that seems fruitless at this point. I should mention that the uneven scaling is due to the benefits ramping up faster than the levels do.

Saukko

Amendment: Only applies to non-violent (including defensive) skills, and knowledge of magic is not passed on with this trait.
Support Everything but remove the first part of the admendment.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 05, 2016, 09:07:31 pm »

[Sollia, the Sundancer | Goddess of Fire and Passion]

"How about a twofold change to the idea:
1. Simplify environments to Hostile, Neutral, Friendly. Hostile environs are 0.5x (2%) growth to non-Extremophile or otherwise adapted creatures, but are harder to conquer (and by extension easier to defend), such as a place with long, harsh winters that freeze everyone who attempts to invade. Friendly environments are 2x growth (8%), but grant no defensive bonuses and will be invaded more often due to being more desirable (assuming mortals are left to their own devices.)
2. All land from this point forward is defined as Neutral unless a god spends Essence to render it elsewise. Those with populations already created and residing in areas may decide whether they are located in Hostile, Neutral, or Friendly biomes.

Does this sound easier? I feel as if the environment should be taken into account in some fashion. Otherwise, traits that adapt creatures to certain environs become devalued, with Extremophile being quite literally worthless."

Also, Support Vejrdraoid.
"Well, darling, it's a bit uneven now, too, those percentages. And don't be silly, Extremophile isn't worthless at all, not at all; it's already built into the system, dearest. It's hard to live on high desert, or magma fields, or ice floes, without up and dying if you don't have something like that. I think it's best left alone, abstracted. Trying to define things so preciely tends to force them to take up more of our total attention, after all. It's more natural as it is, smoother. Don't worry yourself too much about it."

The goddess twirls slowly, thinking.

"Though...I hate to be a bore, or rude, but I do believe we need a way to create interesting beasties without having to pass a new trait for every little addition."

Amend Innate Magic to disallow new creations made with it from being secret; creations must be, at minimum, prototyped publicly if they are to have the trait, leaving them open to review.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 05, 2016, 09:08:03 pm »

Xenia curtsies to the newcomer.

"Welcome brother. I am Xenia Satis goddess of Hospitality and Plenty. Pleased to meet you."
"Nice ta meet ya, I am Sacoh'ron, Eldritch Entity of Chaos and Conversion."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 05, 2016, 09:19:09 pm »

Create the "Chaos Lake" in the Savana/Plains, any creations of Atian that drinks from the lake will gain super strength for a limited amount of time (2 weeks) but during that time they will have an urge to go on a rampage!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 05, 2016, 09:20:03 pm »

Create the "Chaos Lake" in the Savana/Plains, any creations of Atian that drinks from the lake will gain super strength for a limited amount of time (2 weeks) but during that time they will have an urge to go on a rampage!

Oppose
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: May 05, 2016, 09:21:30 pm »

Oppose

"Shameless Oppositions... If the Pachyderm wishes to cause the deaths of his own Creations and waste his own Essence who are we to Oppose him?"

SUPPORT, IF ONLY OUT OF FAIRNESS

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 05, 2016, 09:21:41 pm »

"Another god of Chaos? Hm. How do you feel about that brother Atian?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 05, 2016, 09:25:09 pm »

Sigh.

SUPPORT
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 05, 2016, 09:28:37 pm »

"This...m4y...b3...a...g00d....tim3...t0...set...rules...f0r...artifact...cre4ti0n..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 05, 2016, 09:32:45 pm »

"Another god of Chaos? Hm. How do you feel about that brother Atian?"
"As long as he doesn't get in my way I won't mind."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 05, 2016, 09:34:46 pm »

Saukko

Proposal

Artifacts start at a base cost of 1E, and can have traits applied to them in a similar manner to races. Traits for artifacts may be proposed to the Council, and must be listed as such in the proposal - for example," proposal: artifact trait: indestructible x4."

A trait must exist for it to be applied, otherwise the artifact creation is put on hold.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 05, 2016, 09:35:42 pm »

Saukko

Proposal

Artifacts start at a base cost of 1E, and can have traits applied to them in a similar manner to races. Traits for artifacts may be proposed to the Council, and must be listed as such in the proposal - for example," proposal: artifact trait: indestructible x4."

A trait must exist for it to be applied, otherwise the artifact creation is put on hold.

SUPPORT
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 05, 2016, 10:01:17 pm »

Saukko

Proposal

SUPPORT

SUPPORT

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 05, 2016, 10:03:55 pm »

Saukko

Proposal

SUPPORT

SUPPORT
Support.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1109 on: May 05, 2016, 10:58:06 pm »

Amend Innate Magic to disallow new creations made with it from being secret; creations must be, at minimum, prototyped publicly if they are to have the trait, leaving them open to review.
Saukko

Proposal

Support
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 135