Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 175324 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 17.0: Frogland
« Reply #1845 on: May 26, 2016, 04:57:03 pm »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]
"I think its funny you are embarrassed to say cute, also i left a present on Rekkr, you should look for it."
"I-it's not uncommon for... warriors, to a-... like, things. It is p-perfectly normal."
Axt folds his arms... then he goes looking for this present.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:36:53 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 26, 2016, 05:02:26 pm »

Propose: God Aura: Gods have a passive effect on their surroundings, even when idle. The effect is more power, about 25% more power.
This occurs only with what the god's spheres apply to, specifically, dungeon sphere for more dungeon-y dungeons (size, durability, inhabitants, etc.).
But the more spheres, and the more general the spheres, the weaker the effect.
Propose: Idle God Parking: While idle, a god can be tethered to a place, but the tether is immediately undone if the god becomes active again.
Tethering can be broken, with x0.75 the Essence invested. Tethering has a minimum cost of 1 Essence.
Oppose
Propose Ammendment: Masterwork [2x / 4x / 12x].
Oppose

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 26, 2016, 05:06:50 pm »

Oppose
"The price is too low. Artifacts of such qualities should be more expensive. Else it's a mockery to those who's job it is to create them.
Or you will have to define something better than perfect, at which point, perfect is not.
"
"Perfect is perfect, and will cost more than double the previous tier."
Support, just so this matter can get settled.

"Consider a perfect sword. It always strikes true, it always parries every attack, and its strikes are always as lethal as the wielder intends(, unless the opponent also has a perfect item; I did specify 'compared to mundane objects'). However, a single sword can never win a war alone if the wielder's opponent knows to avoid and work around it. The sword is perfect at being a sword, but it has limited power in the real world when other things are considered."

"Then consider how much twelve times the cost is. Let's say we eventually decide artifacts cost 1E multiplied by traits. The perfect sword would cost 12E, multiplied further by any other traits added. Would you really want to pay that much for something that is imperfect in its perfection?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1848 on: May 26, 2016, 05:09:03 pm »

Support God Aura and Idle God Parking.

Send visions to the Keardai informing them of the incoming Draki.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 26, 2016, 06:40:15 pm »

"Consider a perfect sword. It always strikes true, it always parries every attack, and its strikes are always as lethal as the wielder intends(, unless the opponent also has a perfect item; I did specify 'compared to mundane objects'). However, a single sword can never win a war alone if the wielder's opponent knows to avoid and work around it. The sword is perfect at being a sword, but it has limited power in the real world when other things are considered."

"Then consider how much twelve times the cost is. Let's say we eventually decide artifacts cost 1E multiplied by traits. The perfect sword would cost 12E, multiplied further by any other traits added. Would you really want to pay that much for something that is imperfect in its perfection?"
"If I am to ever want a perfect weapon. Then this price, if anything, will be cheap. Perfection is not something you just create.
Perfection should only be attainable through great focus and great effort. Imagine a perfect godslayer, capable of striking down a god with little effort.
Now imagine it is 12 times as expensive than a regular god slayer. That is 720 Essence, it is not even attainable with all of the Essence right now.
Would you have a perfect godslayer at any lower cost?
"

"Any rule that can be abused, will be abused."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 26, 2016, 06:43:14 pm »

Axt tries to pull Vir, God of Dungeon and Dragons, down to earth, or rather, Rekkr Island.
Oppose

Propose that idle gods cannot be interacted with by gods outside of a Council resolution.

Propose: God Aura: Gods have a passive effect on their surroundings, even when idle. The effect is more power, about 25% more power.
Support

"And... I... I think it's... c-cute."
"This is adorable."

"Now imagine it is 12 times as expensive than a regular god slayer. That is 720 Essence, it is not even attainable with all of the Essence right now."
"This implies that god slayer weapons can be created with 60E. Is this true?"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:55:17 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 26, 2016, 07:07:22 pm »

Oppose
"The price is too low. Artifacts of such qualities should be more expensive. Else it's a mockery to those who's job it is to create them.
Or you will have to define something better than perfect, at which point, perfect is not.
"
"Perfect is perfect, and will cost more than double the previous tier."

"Tr41t....OP...pl34s3...N3rf..."

Oppose!

"P3rf3ct...3xpl0siv3s...w0uld...b3...fun...but...t00...34sy..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 26, 2016, 07:08:00 pm »

"I am also curious regarding the existence of a godslayer trait. I don't recall one ever being proposed..."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 27, 2016, 01:15:55 am »

"Imagine a perfect godslayer, capable of striking down a god with little effort.
Now imagine it is 12 times as expensive than a regular god slayer. That is 720 Essence, it is not even attainable with all of the Essence right now.
Would you have a perfect godslayer at any lower cost?
"
"No mundane sword can ever reach a god. Do remember that any Masterwork artifacts are only better in comparison to mundane objects. Even a perfect mundane sword can't reach a god. Tacking on a Godslayer trait allows it to harm gods, but not keep its perfection in doing so."

"If 'mundane' godslayer weapons ever become common enough among mortals to qualify for the trait, we have a bigger problem than whether a perfect-by-comparison one costs 360 or 720 Essence."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 27, 2016, 02:38:09 am »

"According to the base reality, yes. This is a cost that has been around before the council even existed.
It has been costing 60 Essence by default. Ever since Tick 0.
Though it is not the easiest to use, if you are outnumbered, the other gods can restrain and kill you, even if you are the one with the godslayer.
Any trait that is passed, is one that can be applied to a godslayer, especially the cheap ones. This is also why there must never be a cooperation discount.
"

"I have dabbled into the creation of one, within this reality, though applying any other trait to the weapon quickly increases it's price to absurdity.
And I would have it no other way. Though it does mean that, since this sword has another expensive trait, the cost to make it a godslayer, is over a thousand Essence.
"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 27, 2016, 03:25:09 am »

"Where did you gain the information regarding the creation of godslayers?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 27, 2016, 04:17:24 am »

"Where did you gain the information regarding the creation of godslayers?"
"I learned it while dabbling into the creation of one. The world gives feedback if you do certain things, even in secret."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 27, 2016, 07:29:02 am »

"So you tried to conjure a godslaing weapon? Why is that, if I may ask?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 27, 2016, 08:41:30 am »

"Any trait that is passed, is one that can be applied to a godslayer
Christine rolls her eyes.

This trait can only be used if the artifact is built upon an object commonly available to at least two mortal civilizations.

"Tell me, how would you build a perfect godslayer with this limitation in mind? A perfect sword with the godslayer trait isn't a perfect godslayer, as godslaying isn't part of a mundane sword's, even a perfect one's, function."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: May 27, 2016, 09:01:35 am »

"So you tried to conjure a godslaing weapon? Why is that, if I may ask?"
"Because I still harbor ill toward most of you, because of these separate spheres of earth."

This trait can only be used if the artifact is built upon an object commonly available to at least two mortal civilizations.

"Tell me, how would you build a perfect godslayer with this limitation in mind? A perfect sword with the godslayer trait isn't a perfect godslayer, as godslaying isn't part of a mundane sword's, even a perfect one's, function."
"That is not how it will work with the current system. A perfect sword with godslayer is going to be a far mightier weapon than just a sword with godslayer.
A sword's function is to harm, any weapon's function is to harm. The limitation only prevents people from making masterwork rifles.
"

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 135