Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Mod☼ - Who wants to play a dwarven succession fort?  (Read 8497 times)

kleanea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork Mod☼ - Who wants to play a dwarven succession fort?
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2016, 11:52:48 pm »

Kleanea's journal:
I've decided to take my role as expedition leader more seriously, after delegating to Gwolfski all of last year. I've been spending so much time digging underground that I've lost track of what's been happening to the fortress. I decide to take stock of the fortress, starting from the top.

Here we see an outside garden. It's vulnerable to goblins right now, as they can easily climb up rough wooden walls. I'll have to fix that at some point, possibly by building floors extending off the edges. The main gate looks like it has the same design, so I'll have to fix that too. Though it looks like that entrance has been walled off? Strange. Also, the wagon hasn't been deconstructed yet. And speaking of the wagon...

Why in Armok's name is there an undead orc next to the wagon?

I honestly can't tell whether this flooding is intentional or not. At least none of this appears to be an essential part of the fortress. I swear I don't remember digging any of this. Maybe I need to lay off the dwarven wine.

The lack of food is somewhat problematic. We have a large farm though, and plenty of seeds, so it should be easy to take care of that.

The undead orc chases camels on the surface. The camels appear to be much faster, so he hasn't caught any yet.

I join in with the planting, so the fortress doesn't starve to death. I think I'll also order the slaughtering of some of our livestock. I order the butchering of the horses, the crab, the plump helmet men... Wait, is it really ok to butcher those guys?

I decide to take up fishing, for the good of the fortress. I should probably secure this passage to the underground at some point. I order the masons to construct rock walls so that only the underground lake connects to the fortress. That should make it safe enough. Unless some sort of dire turtle crawls out of the lake, but what are the odds of that happening?

Kogsak Degelgulnas the woodworker has died. I believe they died of dehydration due to the other dwarves being unable to bring them water. Sadly, our new water source was not created in time.

I order the dwarves to dump refuse into the same water we drink and fish from. It's probably fine to do that?

Well that can't be good.

It looks like Sazir Rithtangath has become berzerk. He doesn't seem to be causing much harm at the moment, but I sealed him in a room to be safe. He's a little invisible at the moment, but he really is in the sealed off room!

That can't be good either!

A caravan appears. They'll be able to take down the undead orc, right? I'll go ahead and make a path to the trade depot.

I've made a mistake.

I'm sure he's nice once you get to know him.

A horned cave turtle crawls out of the underground lake and starts harassing the dwarves. I'll draft someone into the military to deal with it. The horned turtle is really in this picture, it just decided to be invisible for a moment.
End of Kleanea's journal.

Right after this the game crashed. I'll post more on Wednesday. I still have the last seasonal save to go back to. I might manage to kill fewer named dwarves the second time round.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:56:22 pm by kleanea »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2016, 12:00:58 am »

He.

I loaded the save. We are all as good as dead. The caverns are open. Invisible-vampire ghosts that jump between hosts coming up.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2016, 12:10:41 am »

He.

I loaded the save. We are all as good as dead. The caverns are open. Invisible-vampire ghosts that jump between hosts coming up.

"Preta!" I hate the word as I hate peace, Urist McMontagues, and the Circus!

:P
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2016, 12:46:45 am »

Thats why they are confined to the lower caverns with a much lower frequency now. They were a slight overkill.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2016, 01:03:13 am »

Preta seem to be vermin, because my vermin hunters are piling up their corpses. Doors and cats are all it takes. Preta are slightly more annoying rats. Vampirism instead of miasma.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2016, 01:22:35 am »

If the vermin gets to one of your dwarves, it doesnt matter if the original vermin body dies. Its inside your dwarf now.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2016, 02:26:30 am »

Is THAT what a "preta" is?  Geez, one possessed a dwarf in a recent game, just before the tuskox gored the shit out of him, and I only found out after finding the dead body of the fisherdwarf with the "r" button having his last thing be "so and so has been possessed by a preta." before the game crashed.  (By the way, this game seems to crash an awful lot.  Is it DFHack?)

I do wonder if the Queen's daughter got possessed, would she become a preta preta princess...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2016, 02:35:02 am »

(By the way, this game seems to crash an awful lot.  Is it DFHack?)
Since the 1.01 update with the-earth-strikes-back I do get a lot of crash reports. Some parts of dfhack are disliking each other, but so far I have no good saves to diagnose. I myself experienced 2 crashes while testing, both related to the-earth-strikes-backs creature spawning. A few ticks after an awakened stone is created, the game is done for. Next update I will disable it by default and see how the reports are going.

kleanea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2016, 01:13:24 am »

I'm back on Wednesday to finish my turn! I technically never said which Wednesday I would post, right?

Here's the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12075. I played a few days after 1-01 because I forgot I didn't have pause after save turned on.

And here's the rest of what happened on my turn: http://imgur.com/a/CJNCQ. I don't have enough time to format it nicely and put it in a post here, unfortunately.
Note that I'm starting from the summer, because of a crash last time I played. There was a crash this time too, but it wasn't too consequential.

Also, to whoever plays this fort next: I am so, so, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:16:00 am by kleanea »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2016, 01:21:42 am »

My.... My.... Fortress....

Ah well, fun.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2016, 10:10:48 am »

Wow.  So, turning pretas and desert titan poets off next time ;)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2016, 10:49:49 am »

may I have a turn?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2016, 01:44:29 pm »

Sure.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2016, 01:14:07 pm »

so uh there doesn't seem to be a player list at the front or any rules. what are the rules and where is the player list?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2016, 03:07:39 pm »

There was a turn list in Post 28, but someone else might want to pick up moderation since Meph seems to be occupied with the modding work.  Also, this fort looks super dead (in game) so if you don't mind me making a suggestion, I'd say whoever is up for a challenge should just be proactive and claim the next turn.  If it turns around, great, if it happens that the fort crumbles to ruin maybe it's time start a new fort in MW1.03.  Maybe, with Hungry Ghosts turned off :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6