Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Mission: Complex Magic  (Read 12805 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Complex Magic
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2016, 09:03:38 pm »

"I will take a look, Blessed General."

Check the scout eye.  Can we fix it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2016, 10:56:21 am »

Poke one of the walls with the mechanist gauntlet in an attempt to get a better idea of this place. Don't go too deep, and be prepared to pull out in case of an emergency.

PS: After writing that I noticed how sexual it sounds.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2016, 12:00:52 am »

((AM on the brain))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2016, 07:33:24 am »

Wait around for the others try to figure out what are those things. Take a look on the wounds they made in Pancaek's ID.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2016, 01:43:17 pm »

Wait around for the others try to figure out what are those things. Take a look on the wounds they made in Pancaek's ID.
Cutting wounds, and lots of them. Whatever did this it was not only extremely sharp but very strong. On par with you, maybe.

Poke one of the walls with the mechanist gauntlet in an attempt to get a better idea of this place. Don't go too deep, and be prepared to pull out in case of an emergency.

PS: After writing that I noticed how sexual it sounds.

You poke the wall. The reaction is a lot like being hit in the face with a shovel. It physically repels you, shoving you stumbling back, almost falling flat on your ass. You taste rust and ozone, grease and hot metal. You get no solid info, just an impression that is shoved into your brain like a piece of high speed shrapnel: This place is massive, inhabited, and the metal is watching you.

"I will take a look, Blessed General."

Check the scout eye.  Can we fix it?
The scout eye thats been cut into several pieces, including the lens? No, that thing is fucked.

: You've got infinite poking sticks and throwing balls and cameyes with magnification, right? : Flint asked rhetorically as he used one hand to rummage through his bag of various things, the other still holding his Cannon's trigger and making sure it was pointing away from everyone.

He found what he was looking for -a polished spoon he had once taken from Pancaek's corpse- and threw it at Miyamoto's face. Not really necessary, but it reminded him of the legend of the horrible Ginosaji.

: Use that. If you want to make your stick really long, duct tape the drone closer to the end. :

With that, Flint got back to charging his attack.

Imma charging my plasmor.
[CHARGING INTENSIFIES]

"Nah, I'm feeling good. Sarge seems in good spirits, despite everything. I, uh, wonder how he heals. Too bad he can't tell, because of not being able to speak. Hey, Comrade, how do you guys heal anyway?"

Do I feel any different? Is Sgt. Steel doing allright?

Also ask Comrade how he and Sarge heal.

You feel kind of tired, but alright. Comrade informs you that he will regenerate over time.

"Well, that went, uh, about as expected I guess. Are you feeling ok Pan? No sudden homicidal urges stemming from a rapidly fracturing psyche?

Either way, great work Sergeant. Lemme see that thing for a bit, will ya?

Lars or Flint, you guys are sorta decent at fixing stuff, right? Could either, or both, of you take a look at my scout eye that got hacked up and see if it can be glued back together? I get a feeling we'll be needing them, if this first room is anything to go by."

Examine the metal thing Sgt. Steel threw down. Don't touch it, use solid light poking stick. Use cameyes and such. Anything I can learn?

After that, send another scout drone up just in case, and unless more enemies or traps or whatever show themselves, go up into the next room. Examine room and the other remains of mantisbot.

Oh, and also keep an eye on Pan and the Sarge. Any signs of strange behavior due to the Id taking damage?

Well, it's some sort of mechanical thing. Maybe the heart of whatever was up there? Hard to say; it doesn't look like normal circuits, it's more like just thin sheets of metal with tiny connecting rods. But it's hard to say exactly; the thing has been smashed up pretty fucking good.

You send a bot up to look. The room above resembles the room down here, but there are many passages, most only a few feet in height. Up against one wall is the remains of some kind of robot; it looks almost like one of the surgery walls used by the doctor, but it has nothing but bladed arms instead of a variety of tools. It's built straight into the wall, but a large chunk of it seems to have been forcibly torn out. There are fist prints in the wall, and sgt steel's arm lies in one corner, cut into several pieces.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2016, 01:54:46 pm »

Brother Lars shook his head at the mangled device.  "Blessed General, there is no fixing this."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2016, 04:00:32 pm »

"This place is massive and it looks like even the metal of the walls is alive. At least that's the impression I had, 'cause it pushed me and my mind back." Milno commented, flying just a little above the floor to conserve fuel.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2016, 07:02:51 pm »

: So, a murderbot, an Altered and an Avatar of War walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and says 'Wow, so you guys are here together?'. 'Yeah, sure.' the Altered replies. 'Sorry for prying, I just find it strange.' the bartender apologises. 'Oh, me too.' replies the Avatar 'But we like to take advantage of the family discount.' :

: Didn't like it? I've got another one. An Avatar of War walks into a bar. The bar collapses. Heh. Get it? Because the Avatar wasn't looking at where it was going, so it walked into the bar and destroyed it? :

Tell (possibly bad) jokes to pass the time while charging my violet plasma.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 07:06:26 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2016, 09:26:50 am »

: So, a murderbot, an Altered and an Avatar of War walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and says 'Wow, so you guys are here together?'. 'Yeah, sure.' the Altered replies. 'Sorry for prying, I just find it strange.' the bartender apologises. 'Oh, me too.' replies the Avatar 'But we like to take advantage of the family discount.' :

: Didn't like it? I've got another one. An Avatar of War walks into a bar. The bar collapses. Heh. Get it? Because the Avatar wasn't looking at where it was going, so it walked into the bar and destroyed it? :

Tell (possibly bad) jokes to pass the time while charging my violet plasma.
"Hey. Hey guys? Anyone? You guys still alive? You seem to be very...quiet. You're just kind of staring straight ahead and drooling."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2016, 09:47:12 am »

"Oh, no. What have I done? I have created the world's deadliest joke. It seems to have frozen the brains of everyone who heard it! Don't worry my brain-dead friends. I shall avenge you! Even if I have to solo this mission."

I'd prefer it if I focused on charging and didn't do any ridiculous actions, but if nobody else posts, then:

Lock my finger trigger so that it keeps charging the rainbow cannon.
Then get out, duct tape a spoon at the end of a metal pole and then get back in.

Now use my improvised corner mirror along with my cameyes and magic eater to slowly and carefully move forward. Also throw random crap from the floor (or artifact containers if random crap is not available) to test rooms.

Try to move upwards. If no upwards passages are available, choose a direction at random.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2016, 08:23:03 pm »

Brother Lars shook his head at the mangled device.  "Blessed General, there is no fixing this."
"It's ok, we've got more. At least you tried.

Either way, I'll reiterate my plan for splitting up now to cover more ground with me giving someone on the other team a portal remote. Between that and the comms pack, we shouldn't be truly separated, while also avoiding getting wiped or trapped all at once. We should have some sort of protocol for checking in though, in case there is sudden interference in communications. Checking in every 15 minutes or so should do it. We should make sure to also fill in the other team and stay updated.

Now, unless anyone objects, I'd say that me, Pan and Lars go up, while you guys can take another direction."

Take samples from the robot arm and parts of the wall thing and put them in an artifact storage box. Try not to touch it myself if possible, use hardlight.

Give 1 portal remote to whoever in the other team wants it.

Then choose one of the hallways that'll actually fit me and my team and start going. Try to look for a clue as to what direction would be a good one. If none present itself, just try to go up. Use hardlight or portals in case climbing isn't an option. Have a scout eye go ahead of us, though don't let it round corners or enter rooms, use very long hardlight pole instead (in case more campers are on then loose).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2016, 12:34:50 am »

"We shall go with the blessings of Steve."

Go with the General.  Cover his fat ass with my Raduga.  Laser things as needed.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2016, 11:46:21 am »

Go with miyamoto and Lars. Just kinda chill, you know, refill the mental reserves. Maybe put on some music on my internal systems, something smooth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2016, 12:21:01 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
"Please don't go even more senile just yet."

Follow behind.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2016, 10:14:28 am »

"Oh, no. What have I done? I have created the world's deadliest joke. It seems to have frozen the brains of everyone who heard it! Don't worry my brain-dead friends. I shall avenge you! Even if I have to solo this mission."

I'd prefer it if I focused on charging and didn't do any ridiculous actions, but if nobody else posts, then:

Lock my finger trigger so that it keeps charging the rainbow cannon.
Then get out, duct tape a spoon at the end of a metal pole and then get back in.

Now use my improvised corner mirror along with my cameyes and magic eater to slowly and carefully move forward. Also throw random crap from the floor (or artifact containers if random crap is not available) to test rooms.

Try to move upwards. If no upwards passages are available, choose a direction at random.

When he fires this it's gonna kill everyone. You just wait.

"It's ok, we've got more. At least you tried.

Either way, I'll reiterate my plan for splitting up now to cover more ground with me giving someone on the other team a portal remote. Between that and the comms pack, we shouldn't be truly separated, while also avoiding getting wiped or trapped all at once. We should have some sort of protocol for checking in though, in case there is sudden interference in communications. Checking in every 15 minutes or so should do it. We should make sure to also fill in the other team and stay updated.

Now, unless anyone objects, I'd say that me, Pan and Lars go up, while you guys can take another direction."

Take samples from the robot arm and parts of the wall thing and put them in an artifact storage box. Try not to touch it myself if possible, use hardlight.

Give 1 portal remote to whoever in the other team wants it.

Then choose one of the hallways that'll actually fit me and my team and start going. Try to look for a clue as to what direction would be a good one. If none present itself, just try to go up. Use hardlight or portals in case climbing isn't an option. Have a scout eye go ahead of us, though don't let it round corners or enter rooms, use very long hardlight pole instead (in case more campers are on then loose).

Sampled
Ok
The only hallway that fits you is one that heads to the...hmm no compass alignment here...Lets say to the right. And even then it's the kind of passage you'll have to worm your way through head first, just barely wiggling through with your arms at your sides. And I'm not sure you want to go slow and head first into the unknown when the first room you found was inhabited by an angry slapchop.

"We shall go with the blessings of Steve."

Go with the General.  Cover his fat ass with my Raduga.  Laser things as needed.
You could squeeze in there easier than him but not...with great ease. You would be commando crawling on your belly but you could at least use your arms and legs.

Go with miyamoto and Lars. Just kinda chill, you know, refill the mental reserves. Maybe put on some music on my internal systems, something smooth.
I think I may have just the thing

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
"Please don't go even more senile just yet."

Follow behind.
You, on the other hand, could walk through that passage with no trouble and stick your head into that room to get a good look around before the more...luxurious of your teammates does so. Then again, your lack of luxury does make you far more squishy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6