Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180008 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Mission 1: The Idiot Express.
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2016, 09:09:29 am »

Yes the glass bottles are free and are currently lying around the plane in various places. Steel cases, would need some scrap you could get scrap from some of the various parts in the engineering kit, or if you get the heavy engineering kit there is a large amount of scrap to use there which is replenished each mission.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2016, 10:05:51 am »

"Oi Blyat, what the fuck."

Keep the plane steady. Read the instuments to see what the damage is.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2016, 10:46:20 am »

Try not to get killed by any daemons on board. Examine surroundings for ship components or people in need of repair.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2016, 11:35:38 am »

As the Daemon twisted the gunmetal into a horrible visage, Groo paused.  He utters a single phrase before fleeing: "...Did Groo err?"

Varion asks in that tired voice only a parent tired of their kids shot makes looking at grue
Grue. What happened?

Groo responds with a scared whine "Groo not knooow!  Groo just play with gun and gun get mad at Groo!"

Groo mopes about, and follows Varion.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2016, 10:31:44 pm »

"AHHHWHATTHEHELLDIDYOUJUSTDO!?!"

Shotgun it till its dead. Unless our resident daemon experts want to do something about it. Shotgun anything/anyone the daemon forcibly inhabits, if shit goes catastrophically sideways.

After this crisis is taken care of, track down my twins hand to properly respect him and bury it, see if the resident chef will make me a handburger.

[daemon attacking with sound 4] the daemons screeching reaches a crescendo as it streches an arm towards you and launches a small pressure wave at you. [marksmanship 2]your fire your shotgun at the daemon in an attempt to interrupt the attack but you miss. [resilience 4] the pressure wave luckily grazes you and only pops your eardrums. I mean compared to what could of happened that could've ended very poorly. [resilience 1] You drop your weapon clutch you hands to your ears and start screaming before suddenly losing conciouness

Varion asks in that tired voice only a parent tired of their kids shot makes looking at grue
Grue. What happened?
This is why we don't mess with daemons, GO FIND SOME HOLY WATER OR SOMETHING
[intelligence 4] you're pretty sure that isn't going to work.
"Alright.
Who the fuck brought a Demon on board?! I'll fucking tear your neck out!"

Violently rip apart the Demon with a chainsaw before anyone can foolishly try to tame it.
[dex 6] [daemon dex  4] [strength 5]  [daemon end 1] You charge forward towards the twisted gun metal monstrifoty screaming something about a universal communicator as you do so you chainsaw drags along the side of the plane cutting a gash in it and as you get close to the daemon you easily dodge it's clumsy dodge and bring the chains saw in a horizontal slash cutting it in two and dropping each part to the floor. [daemon end 2] the daemon seems stunned by this new development and choose to just sit there while you back buffeted by the rather strong winds blowing through the plane now that there is a huge gash in it's thin skin. eh, some duct tape and it should be fine.

Damian comes rushing from his bunk when he hears the screeching, a manic look in his eye and his daemon kit in his hand, his medic kit slung over one shoulder.

"Daemon! I heard a daemon! I can do this! I have the kit!"

Think of ways to perform a quick and easy binding or controlling ritual to tame the daemon or think of some way to banish this daemon. Or to bind it to something lIke a quickly painted image of a sword on my hand. Oh, or to make it become a daemon infused hardsuit. Then do whichever one is more effective but still relatively quick in order to reduce the possibility of crewmembers getting injured or killed. If the binding or taming succeeds and somebody tries to damage my new toy, give them an injection of sedative to the carotid artery.
[intelligence 1] you charge forward towards the bisected daemon and implae yourself on one of the spikes that represents it's legs. [resilience 2] yep that's definitely going to hurt in the morning. ((it's an internal wound so someone else is going to have to take a look to figure out what the problem is.)) [resilience 5] That smarts but you can still function despite the massive pain and what your sure is probably pretty severe bleeding.

"Oi Blyat, what the fuck."

Keep the plane steady. Read the instuments to see what the damage is.
[piloting 5]
Well your losing airspeed due to the massive hole that's lowering the aerodynamic efficiency but your pretty sure that it will stay in the sky at least as long as the both engines keep running

Try not to get killed by any daemons on board. Examine surroundings for ship components or people in need of repair.
You wake from your shroom induced coma where you had been hiding inside the mushroom forest that is the ship's living quarters. Shaking odd the after effects of the trip. You head towards both and see a man stumbling with his hands to his ears and without any weapons before collapsing. your pretty sure you can't treat him for more than pain with the stuff you have in your light medical kit. Oh and someone else just impaled them selves on a next to unciounus Daemon…smart.

As the Daemon twisted the gunmetal into a horrible visage, Groo paused.  He utters a single phrase before fleeing: "...Did Groo err?"

Grue. What happened?

Groo responds with a scared whine "Groo not knooow!  Groo just play with gun and gun get mad at Groo!"

Groo mopes about, and follows Varion.
You follow what Varion is doing. which is to say you do nothing.

Gregor Daemonism [4+2=6] with a blood maddened cry Gregor snaps out of his comatose state and charges the daemon brandishing a tuning fork. He strikes the Daemon with thinning fork as he charges it and uses his sheer weight and the fact that it's been cut in two to force it out of the plane as he fall he banishes the daemon just before he impacts the ground converting it's legs into normal metal once more.

Gregor is dead.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 11:34:40 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2016, 10:39:18 pm »

Varion stands there, clicking his tounge as he looks at the carnage
And that is why we don't fuck with daemons on the plane. Well all of you who still can, get up and fix the plane. We'll comemorate the poor sod afterwards. Still, he saved our asses from a whole lotta trouble.
first order of husiness, pet grue and give him a treat
Help any wounded people, then go use ductape to fix the plane.
If I have time, write a eulogy for Gregor
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:58:33 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2016, 10:40:06 pm »

Adre stands still for a moment, chainsaw still humming in their hand, and looks out of the gaping hole in the ship.
"That was kinda dumb. Bored now."

Back to my corner. Wait for inevitable beast attack. See if I can't loot some of Gregor's Demon equipment.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:41:40 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2016, 10:43:03 pm »

"...gurgle..."

Wake up?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2016, 10:49:10 pm »

Okay, to prevent this in the future I would politely request with threat of gun, that we do not mess with daemons. Also drag all wounded out away from this area torwards the back of the ship. I can work on them there.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 18, 2016, 11:07:33 pm »

((Why was it an intelligence roll instead of a daemonism roll? Does think up a daemon ritual not roll daemonism?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 18, 2016, 11:13:12 pm »

Izalis drags Thaddeus Vern to safety and tries to stabilize them by injecting them with sodium thiopental morphine.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:48:09 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2016, 11:17:17 pm »

((Why was it an intelligence roll instead of a daemonism roll? Does think up a daemon ritual not roll daemonism?))
I had it be modified by dameonism mostly because massive overshoots when it's something that involves thinking about something just don't really make any sense, not to mention I'm not really sure what say an 8 for a thinking about style roll would look like.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2016, 12:03:35 am »

((Damn it. If I had known that, I would have just attempted to banish it using the stuff in my kit instead of trying to think of something. How was it modified, anyway? Just a straight +3 on a d36? Or the same thing as assist rolls? Because that seems pretty ineffective. As for the overshoots on thinking, why not just an effective but overly complicated plan that would usually take too long to be feasible.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2016, 12:18:40 am »

((It was the same thing as an assist roll. I suppose I could do that for the overshoots on thinking it's just that I'm not entirely sure whether or not there would be much variation between a 6 and an 8 except in terms of over complication. Which could be amusing it just would mean that most of the time thinking rolls wouldn't be very useful for daemonism and beast mastery. Which if everyone is fine with that I'd be fine with doing that.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 19, 2016, 12:55:12 am »

((So it would have affected the d6 roll, then? Or the d36 roll? Is there a d36 roll on stats? And if it is the d36 roll, why? It seems like that would have a miniscule effect compared to the effect that levels in daemonism would normally apply, which is what I had thought would happen after reading the description of daemonism on the first page. What did I roll for daemonism after modifiers, anyway? Just out of curiosity.))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 128