Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 179146 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Planes, are they all just Daemons in disguise?
« Reply #480 on: July 06, 2016, 08:35:20 pm »

Groo continues dragging Rufferto to a park, where he searches for a shiny he found yesterday.
Groo drags Rufferto over to the indrustial park of the Clark park completely obvious to the scream of sirens heading towards the airfield, where he points in the vernal direction of a pond and say's Shiny.
Get dragged while making halfhearted complaint. It's not like I wanted to talk to that thing really.
[Charisma 2] You say nothing as you are dragged along. Oh well.
Sprint away from the plane and towards the exit of the hangar in a winding zigzag motion, then move to the right and torwards cover. once Doom guy has it distracted pop out and aim for the head
[dex 1] You trip and stumble failing to the payment and cracking your head on the concrete [resilience 2] stunning you [-1 to anything requiring a clear head] with a shriek of metal as the arms are moved into position the daemon takes aim[marksmanship 5]. The daemon cackles as the machine guns begin to fire spewing lead and death directly at the prone Adrian  [Resilience 3] the .50 bullets chew up Adrians body blowing off his legs first and continuing up his body until Adrians corpse is lying in a pool of his own organs and limbs.

"Rip and Tear!"

Sprint up to it while it's aiming at Spaz and dive through the legs, crotchstabbing with the chainsaw.
[dex 1] [resilience 3] You run up to the Daemon chainsaw held high but end up tripping and opening up your knee when you foolishly brin your hands down to catch yourself and with them the chainsaw. . [resilience 4] "BAD BAD CHAINSAW"  . The daemon finishing it's onslaught of bullets at Varion [dex 4] turns and brings the massive sword crashing down upon your prone and bleeding form. [resilience 3] You only lose both your lower legs due to rolling ever so slightly as the massive sword swung towards you.

[two turns until bleed out]

((I fucking hate Dex rolls.))

Try again. Or try using the vibrations of my screams to the same effect. Or just die so Damien can take my place.

And here's my character sheet for Damien:
The exact same as Damian and Damion, but with orange eyes. His inventory includes a daemon knife, with the extra 5 tokens going towards making the knife stronger to contain a stronger daemon.

Damien action if you'll let me do that:
420 frequency all the way.

[resiliance 4] [dex 1] With your last breath you sit up and scream at the sky. The sky fails to scream back.

Accepted

No

You will have to come in with the Military police wave. Which is next turn.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:33:21 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 06, 2016, 08:38:04 pm »

I RUN AWAY FROM THE ****ING PLANE!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 06, 2016, 08:50:07 pm »

"Very shiny, Groo. We should find a place to sit down."

Disentangle self from Groo, loiter in park until this madness passes. If any park benches are handy, sit on one of those instead of a fallen tree.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:19:35 pm by Egan_BW »
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 06, 2016, 09:04:39 pm »

Hmm.. Two legs good, no legs bad.

two wounds, two hands.  Try to reduce bleeding with pressure as best I can.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:19:53 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 06, 2016, 09:09:28 pm »

Name: Chase Valentine
Description: This man just like shooting people for money. Old people, kids, adults, dogs, cats, doesn't matter, he just likes killing. He also has something to do with the military police, mainly that he follows them cause that means more killing with less moral dilemmas, as if a sociopathic murderer could have any.
Stats
Strength:+0
Intelligence: +0
Dexterity: +0
Resilience:+1
Perception:+2
Charisma:-3

Skills
Piloting:-4
Marksmanship:+4
Daemonism: -3
Doctor: 0
Beast mastery:+0
Engineering:-3

Inventory: what you have on you.
knife
aviators clothing
sniper
thermite
Axe
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:21:35 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 06, 2016, 09:10:53 pm »

((*Smug british accent* You enjoy all the killing, that's why!))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 06, 2016, 09:18:00 pm »

((*Smug british accent* You enjoy all the killing, that's why!))
((giggity?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 06, 2016, 10:17:52 pm »

((So now I can act, right?))

Get to the Daemon kit and use the 420 frequency on the plane mech.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 07, 2016, 09:50:06 am »

Name: Chase Valentine
Description: This man just like shooting people for money. Old people, kids, adults, dogs, cats, doesn't matter, he just likes killing. He also has something to do with the military police, mainly that he follows them cause that means more killing with less moral dilemmas, as if a sociopathic murderer could have any.
Stats
Strength:+0
Intelligence: +0
Dexterity: +0
Resilience:+1
Perception:+2
Charisma:-3

Skills
Piloting:-4
Marksmanship:+4
Daemonism: -3
Doctor: 0
Beast mastery:+0
Engineering:-3

Inventory: what you have on you.
knife
aviators clothing
sniper
thermite
Axe

[Accepted]
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Here comes the incompetent cavalry
« Reply #490 on: July 07, 2016, 01:49:09 pm »

With a scream of sirens and the squeal of tires the Military police(MP) arrive in four jeeps and quickly unload their gear as they attempt to take shelter. [daemon marksmanship 3] The daemon points it's hands at the MP's but completely misses them. Marksmanship
Group 1
[bazooka man (BM) 1: marksmanship 4] [ammo carrier (AC) 1: dex roll 4][daemonist dex 1] [daemonist resilience 3] [Driver 1: marksmanship 3]
Cursing to himself at the size of the daemon the BM fires at on of the machine gun arms hoping to put on out of commission before they fire again. The rocket impacts the Daemons shield and destroys it. Seizing the opportunity the daemonist try’s to run for the daemon hoping to banish it, but trips and ends up breaking his nose on the pavement. The Driver also takes a shot with the Jeep’s HMG putting holes in the daemons sword but doing little else.
Wounds: fine
Group 2
[ BM  2: marksmanship 1] [ BM 2: resilience 3] [AC 2: resilience 2] [Daemonist resilience 6] [Driver 2: resilience 6]
The BM tries to shoulder his gun but accidently pulls the trigger as the bazzoka is pointed at the ground sending the rocket into the ground and blowing off the BM’s legs, filling the AC with shrapnel and puncturing his lung,  but only managing to temporarily stun the Driver and daemonist.
Wpunds BM’s is missing both legs but the bazooka is mostly okay. He’s got two turns before bleeding out.
Group 3
[BM 3: marksmanship 1] [ BM 2: resilience 4] [AC 3: resilience 6] [Beast Master (BeM) resilience 3] [Driver 3: resilience 3]
Group Three’s BM suddenly distracted by the explosion from the group to his left fails to notice that his bazooka is pointed directly at the jeep, and pulls the trigger. The rocket detonates the jeep and blow the arm off the Driver who was standing closest, Blow the eardrums out of the daemonist who cackles, the shrapnel grazezes the arm of the AC and embeds itself in the BM’s arm.
Wounds: Driver’s arm is blown off going into shock in one turn. Will have to start passing resilience rolls immediately after that. Daemonist is deaf, BM has shrapnel in his arm. Gonna be a problem only if he tries to move.
Group 4
[BM 4: marksmanship 5]  [daemon resilience 5] [AC 4: dex roll 4] [BeM 1+2=3] Driver [dex 1] Group 4’s BM ignores the screams and explosions of his buddies as he lines up a shot on the daemons screaming face. The rocket screams away and arcs past the destroyed shield into the daemon face. The daemon just laughs though. And the BM curses to himself as his loader stuffs another round into the tube. The beast master is suddenly paralyzed with fear and then suddenly everyone is blinded by the sudden release of tear gas thrown by their Driver.

Group wounds blinded by tear gas -2 to effective skill with marksmanship or anything that requires unobstructed sight.
I RUN AWAY FROM THE ****ING PLANE!

Suddenly waking up from you coma you attempt to run into a place where the Daemon can't see you [dex 4] daemon perception 3] you manage to sprint out of sword range before the daemon notices you.

"Very shiny, Groo. We should find a place to sit down."

Disentangle self from Groo, loiter in park until this madness passes. If any park benches are handy, sit on one of those instead of a fallen tree.
Notcing that there is a perfectly fine looking park bench next the tree Groo just carved into a seat you move over there, and relax, listening to the sound of distant explosions.
"Oh!  Groo make seat!"

Groo draws his katana and chops down an adjacent tree.  Then, he sits on the trunk and calmly observes the Shiny.

[daemonism 6+1] Groo goes silent and stares at a tree before moving in sudden blur and carves a seat out of the tree...somehow.  Feeling rather fatigued Groo wanders over to his new throne and watches the Shiny.

Hmm.. Two legs good, no legs bad.

two wounds, two hands.  Try to reduce bleeding with pressure as best I can.
[resilience 2] your shock continues to worsen and you fear that you will be going to the big gun range in the sky soon. [Doctor 5] Ignoring the pain and the ever worsening cold, you grab both legs in your massive hands and try to apply pressure to them it works surprisingly well. Congrats you just bought your self another turn to live. Asuming that you keep passing resilience rolls.

Two turns till bleed out.

((So now I can act, right?))

Get to the Daemon kit and use the 420 frequency on the plane mech.
[dex 5] You sprint away from you incompetent comrades and aim for the away Kit grabbing it before the Daemon has even noticed you, [Daemnosim 1+3=4] [Daemon 6+4=10] you attempt to calm the daemon with your late brothers kit but the daemon is clearly not having any of it and offhandedly points one of it’s machine gun arms at you [marksmanship 5] [resilience 5] The bullets tear into you turning your organs into paste and but giving you one turn to contemplate just how badly your life has screwed up.

Wounds: Shredded: One turn left to live.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 01:50:40 pm by MidnightJaguar »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Here comes the incompetent cavalry.
« Reply #491 on: July 07, 2016, 01:54:54 pm »

((actually that brings up an ideal could I trade in the hatchet for a gasmask?))
Walk into the back of the place, fire a shot at the daemon, then move out and to a window to fire in through that.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 07, 2016, 02:54:48 pm »

Continue holding on to legs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:56:56 pm by Devastator »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 08, 2016, 09:30:34 pm »

[Daemon marksmanship 5] The daemon sprays the groups with MG fire.
Group resilience
Group 1
[BM : res 1]
[AC : res 6]
[Daemonist: res 1]
[Driver : res 5]

[ammo carrier (AC) 1: dex roll Dex 6] [Driver 1: marksmanship 2]
The BM and daemonist both get very unlucky and each take a bullet to their chest killing them.  The AC ignores his buddy’s death and grabs the bazooka from his friends limp hand slamming a shell into it as he goes and tosses it to the Driver who is still sheltering behind the shot up jeep.
Wounds: Fine except 2 of their budies are dead.
Group 2
[BM: res 2]
AC: res 5
[Daemonist: res 5]
[Driver: 6]
The BM takes a bullet to his arm which tears it off and leaves him with rather heavy bleeding the rest of the group gets lucky isn’t hit.

Daemonist Dex 4  the daemonist gets close to the daemon but not close enough to try banishing it just yet.

[Driver: Marksmanship 5] the driver grabs the bazooka from the limp hand of the BM and fires at the daemon it slams into the face of the daemon [resilience 5] The daemon also shakes this one off but it clearly is a little bit shaken by the accuracy.

[AC dex 4] He hands the rocket to the Driver who shoves it into the pipe.

Wounds bleeding out next turn guaranteed.: AC is  going into shock in 2 turns.

[Group :3]
[BM res: 5]
[AC res: 5]
[BeM:  5]
[Driver: 4]

[Driver resilience for shock 1]

No one is hit but the Driver’s ends up getting suppressed receiving a -1 to skill for all actions, while being suppressed he goes into severe shock and dies.
Beast master  beastmastery 1+2=3
the BeM does nothing due to shellshock.

The BM chooses to not move his arm for fear of opening an artery without a medic nearby.
Wounds: BeM is deaf, BM has shrapnel in his arm. Gonna be a problem only if he tries to move.
[Group 4]
[BM: resilience 5]
[AC: res 3]
[BeM: res 5]
[Driver: res 5]
 None of the people in Group 4 choose to fire due to not being able to see at all.

((actually that brings up an ideal could I trade in the hatchet for a gasmask?))
Walk into the back of the place, fire a shot at the daemon, then move out and to a window to fire in through that.

((Sure))

[marksmanship 6] You put a perfect shot into the daemons face. Which does nothing except anger it.

Continue holding on to legs.
[resiliance 3] Your grip gets weaker and you feel yourself further slipping into shock.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 08, 2016, 09:42:20 pm »

Chuck thermite at the daemon., grab the nearby corpses and wounded who can't fireof the military police and book it out of there. Drop the wounded outside and carry the dead to an  alley way for subsequent looting if no one is paying attention to me.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 128