Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180165 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Here comes the incompetent cavalry.
« Reply #495 on: July 08, 2016, 10:03:26 pm »

((Can my new guy show up now?))

Get in there, grab Damien's Daemon knife and imbue a daemon into it, then try to get any surviving daemonists to assist me with the 420 frequency.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 08, 2016, 10:10:22 pm »

yes.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 08, 2016, 11:53:52 pm »

about 12. Not all of those 12 are fit to fight though. 4 of those 12 are also incapacitated by tear gas, though that does mean that they are harder to hit.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 10:01:47 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 09, 2016, 06:48:52 pm »

Try to hold on

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Ding Dong the daemon is dead.
« Reply #500 on: July 10, 2016, 01:29:55 am »

[Daemon marksmanship 5]

Firing solely at the relatively uninjured men of Group 3 The daermon goes for kills this time around

Group 3 Resilience
[Driver 2]
[AC Resilience 4]
[BM resilience 2]
The driver screams as his lower body falls away and the BM gets killed by another round slicing off roughly half of his body length wise. The AM only losses a hand though [med 6] which he manages to tourniquet it using one hand and his mouth not the most sanitary of methods but it certainly gets the job done.

Group 1

[Driver marksmanship roll 3] He still seems a little hesitant to fire his new bazzoka after what happened the first go round.

Group 2

The BM dies of blood loss

[AC Med 4] He puts a blood bag into himself and manages to keep shock away a while longer. He’s still bleeding though.

[Driver marksmanship 4]
The Rocket screams away taking off the sword arm.

[AC dex 5] He slams yet another rocket into the pipe.

[Daemonist dex 5] The dameonist gets up to the daemon before it can refocus it’s fire on him or reshapes it’s metal to crush him, and attemtps to banish the daemon daemoism 5+2=7 Daemon 2+3 Cutting his way to the control cables he quickly grabs his tuner out of the box and sets it to the ear piercing volume for banishment, the daemon shrieks the entire figure horribly contoring with every pitch and variation of volume the dameonist makes in his tuner, before finally the daemon loses it’s grip with it’s anchor and dissipates.  The entire mecha it’s final form that of groutesque human face horribly contoreted with pain and rage seemingly attempting to consume the daemonist who is huddled in the middle where the tongue would be now teeters and topples over.

Well guess you need a new plane

None of the other MP’s do anything, mostly because they are either dead or still stumbling around in a fog of tear gas, they have been getting really unlucky with those wind rolls.

Chuck thermite at the daemon., grab the nearby corpses and wounded who can't fireof the military police and book it out of there. Drop the wounded outside and carry the dead to an  alley way for subsequent looting if no one is paying attention to me.

You would do this except that the daemon is dead and the MP’s are gathering their own wounded.

((Can my new guy show up now?))

Get in there, grab Damien's Daemon knife and imbue a daemon into it, then try to get any surviving daemonists to assist me with the 420 frequency.

You would also do this except that the daemon is dead. Damnit.

Groo continues resting, eventually falling asleep watching the tranquility of the lake from his masterfully carved and comfy chair.

((How many of the MPs are even left alive now?  I'm really happy Groo didn't fight.))

Groo kicks back and relaxs on his chair, it’s amzainglly comfy and lacking splinters, he mutters osmehting about shinies before falling asleep, waiting for the rest of the group to stop dying.

Try to hold on
[resilience 1] Your grip further weakens and blood comes pouring out of your legs, gasping you try to squeeze them shut again but the terrible cold and the weakness of you muscles is too much, with a shuddering groan you die.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:44:44 am by MidnightJaguar »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 10, 2016, 01:55:07 am »

((The one fucking time it fails a roll! God damn it! Fucking RNG!))

((And now that that's out of the way, how does the dead daemon stop me from doing the first part of my action with the knife?))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 10, 2016, 11:14:26 am »

Head into the tear gas to help recover wounded and nab any loose lootables,  then go to the dead non military police and nab their lootabkes,  and then go search through the planes daemons remains.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 10, 2016, 11:53:05 am »

((The one fucking time it fails a roll! God damn it! Fucking RNG!))

((And now that that's out of the way, how does the dead daemon stop me from doing the first part of my action with the knife?))

It doesn't I just wrote the turn at like 1 AM CT and didn't want to be too tired to give you a  cohesive description if something interesting happened, I'll roll for it now.

You grab the knife and the bullet damaged away kit, you might wan't to buy a replacement for that, and bring it back to your late brothers(?) apartment which already has managdto get grafittit sprayed onto the door…It might not be the best idea to leave your shit here for any long period of time, your hands shaking slightly you attempt to force a daemon from the ether into the enhanced knife, daemonism [5+3=8] hearing the familiar shriek that means a daemon now inhabits the knife you tenatilly pick it up you instantly feel a sudden surge of power as the knife reshapes violently reshapes it self into a wicked looking sickle. The daemon due to the improved nature of the knife is massively powerful, capable of reshaping the knife according to the whims of the user, this includes firing parts of it at high speed and expanding it into a buckler to block bullets or other objects. I'll let you figure out the cost to your body once you use it to much got to preserve some sense of discovery.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:50:08 pm by MidnightJaguar »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 11, 2016, 01:30:57 am »

Head into the tear gas to help recover wounded and nab any loose lootables,  then go to the dead non military police and nab their lootabkes,  and then go search through the planes daemons remains.
[random luck that the bullets didn't destroy everything: 1] Seems the daemons bullets absolutely shredded everything.

Groo pops awake and hurries away to the daemon's death site, disappointed about missing a fray when he gets there.  Oh well--might as well loot the dead!
Groo wakes from his nap unfortunately the daemon's bullets seem to have made most loot unusable. Damn

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 11, 2016, 02:07:28 am »

((Aww, I missed the turn. At least I got a sweet knife. Hey MJ, did you want me to submit the full character sheet for Damion? It's the same stat and skill wise as Damien, which I guess you probably figured out already. How much high quality daemon metal could I buy with 20 coins? Or could I use it as a down payment on a good plane?))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 11, 2016, 02:16:37 pm »

I would appreciate it if you did post a character sheet, just for the record.

You could buy 4 units of metal how many units each weapon or armor piece requires well that depends on the weapon or armor piece. As for the down payment…..no not even close.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:28:40 pm by MidnightJaguar »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 11, 2016, 02:35:12 pm »

Grab the shredded stuff, I will find a use foor them, then go help with moving wounded and see what further assistance the military police need
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 11, 2016, 09:57:37 pm »

Grab the shredded stuff, I will find a use foor them, then go help with moving wounded and see what further assistance the military police need
You collect the shredded stuff and pile it into your groups apartment. It would appear as if the MP's need no further assistance and upon seeing two spooks approaching you rapidly gather their dead and wounded and leave.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

The spooks amble up to your group one stays silent as per usual while his partner speaks glancing at paper in his hand as he does so, judging by his face he does not look happyHmm, 6 military police dead a runway out of commission for the next week. I would shoot the idiots who had done this but it seems the daemon has already done a very nice job of that by itself. Spooting Groo the agent seems to calm slightly. Ah, Mr.Groo good to see that your penchant for survival continues to manifest, though it seems you have brought a friend, perhaps this one will prove more durable., restoring his stormy demeanor he glances around at the the carnage Now since we might actually be able to salvage something useful from that daemon plane the agency is willing to reimburse you for that plane

YOU NOW HAVE THE SAME TWO OPTIONS as before minus the daemon infested plane.

A rather dingy looking Avro Lancaster that missing its front guns and a rusty looking Short Sunderland.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:16:34 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 128