Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 179177 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0: An interesting beast.
« Reply #645 on: August 06, 2016, 12:55:45 am »

Fuck bags. Those things are useless. Get me one dog-sized beast and let me stick a big damn dart thrower on it. And a workshop so I can have some semblance of a chance of success.
And change that Beast Kit on my sheet to a light one. I changed it after you said that you'd make the Beast Kit 10GP. But then you didn't. >:(

Right so essentially you only have the cash to purchase a small dog sized beast. Luckily Detroit has a number of Canadians in it and you were able to [charisma 5] successfully beg a single use of a normal beast kit out of a college. Though you get the feeling this offer might not always be open. [Beast mastery 6+3=9]

You stand in your friends beast laboratory, despite being a beast master yourself you half expected a dark and dreary dungeon with slathering beasts in cages all around and a single flickering lightbulb lighting up the scene. Well it turns out that flickering lightbulbs and beasts staring at is not conducive to a successful surgery, so instead it is clean white room with several extremely bright lights pointing at the beast on table. You take a deep breath as you look at the unconscious beast on the table, you glance at the aray of drills knives saws and assorted surgical instruments arraigned on the table before you and the jars of organs arranged tastefully off to the side. Endless potential is within these jars just waiting for something to happen. You feel it would be dishonest to the beasts true nature to not oblige this potential. Cacklinging you take the drill in your hands rev it up and push it into the creatures skull, the part where you were supposed to drill helpfully marked in black sharpie. The Drill jerks slightly as it bites into the skull, but the bit continues on. You stop, not wanting to do any more damage to the brain than needed. You stop once you penetrate the duramatter and take a long and slender grabbing rod. Not caring about possible damage to the brain at this point you roughly reach in and grab the hive mind organ, a glowing and vaguely disturbing thing to look at. It looks something llike dozens of lips constantly whispering even once severed from the brain along with an equal number of what look like ears.

Shrugging your shoulders at the complex anatomy of beasts you steady yourself and taking a mirror you carefully draw a drill site onto your own head just where the two parts of the frontal lobe come together, injecting yourself with a quick dose of local anesthetic you rev the drill up and plunge it into your own head again stopping before damaging your own membrane. Taking a pair of forceps you carefully push the quivering organ into your own brain. You can't feel anything due to the anesthesia and lack of sensory nerves in your brain but there is something undeniablly disturbing about seeing an organ forcibly shoves it's way in between the bridge of your frontal lobe. you carefully suture both wounds up and then look at the tools you have available.

Your laughter becoming a little more beastile you take your knife and cautery and slice open the the beasts belly. Cauterizing the few bleeding vessels, seems even the base beasts have fairly impressive coagulantents, you begin to stuff mutagenically treated organs into the beast. Cackling in an ever increasing crescendo you watch as the organs whrite and squirm into the beast, you abruptly black out. When you awaken the beast is sutured up it, sports an impressive new bone dart shooter, it's belly seems a bit fatter than before and you have no fucking clue what the hell you just stuffed into that thing.

Spoiler: charsheet (click to show/hide)
[accepted]
Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
[accepted]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 05:22:47 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0:An interesting beast.
« Reply #646 on: August 06, 2016, 03:37:57 am »

Go imbue my arm and leg with the heavy daemon kit. Then go look at the site of Damiin's demise.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 06, 2016, 03:42:36 pm »

Thank the based dice. Reach out and connect with the beast and see what kinds of orders it's responsive to. Maybe this will help to figure out what organs I put in it, too, assuming that I hooked them all up right.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 06, 2016, 03:57:18 pm »

Go where ever I am told to go,otherwise search for anyone needing a mover to help move stuff
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 06, 2016, 06:56:35 pm »

Patiently await my orders.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 06, 2016, 07:29:20 pm »

Don't stand near damnainain for no reason.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 07, 2016, 02:00:19 am »

Go imbue my arm and leg with the heavy daemon kit. Then go look at the site of Damiin's demise.
[arm 6+4=10] resilience 1 [leg 2+4=6] [resilience 1] oh geez [50/50 odds due to only slightly overshooting the second time [1]] aw fuck.

You begin the ritual for summoning a daemon into this world, luckily your dead brothers stuff hasn't been looted yet and thus the inheritance is still there. You reach over to the tuning fork and ritualistically strike it against you inert arm. You then whack it with a ball peen hammer a couple of times and gauge the ring of the metal, turning your tuner to a set and predetermined frequency you turn it on and it begins to emit a high pitched wail calling a daemon to this world, seeing the sensors suddenly point into the redone signifying an extremely powerful daemon coming towards you merely cackle and begin the complex and convoluted flux of chords, notes, melodies and of course large amounts of blood needed to draw the daemon into the metal. Your arm begins to react as it goes becoming fluid and tentacle like at an instant and razor sharp in another, you feel incredibly tired and not entirely sure that you can handle another one like that. You turn to your leg and repeat the proceed to come to draw in another daemon. however as you donate yet another chunk of your energy to the new stronger and faster daemon you pass out when you awaken something feels wrong you suddenly can't feel your daemon arm any more. You suddenly notice that you can't feel your body any more either, you watch in horror as your traitorous body suddenly rises up, and begins to limp out the door.

((Yeah…you might want to make another damian soon))

Thank the based dice. Reach out and connect with the beast and see what kinds of orders it's responsive to. Maybe this will help to figure out what organs I put in it, too, assuming that I hooked them all up right.

[beast mastery 6+3=9] You feel the organ writhing against your skull slightly as you suddenly see through the beast eyes. You go completly unresponsive as you completely assume the body of the beast. First off everything fucking hurts like hell. second of all.
It seems to have a bone spike shooter
explosive guts…seriously this thing could make a decent mine
a telescoping head
a couple of redundant organs.
It also seems a lot more intelligent than when you first bought it. Even now you can feel it's intelligence pushing against yours. It's pushing a worrying amount actually. I wouldn't stick around long.

Patiently await my orders.

You stand around outside the apartment when suddenly damion dives through the window, and lands with a sickening thunk on the ground.

Go where ever I am told to go,otherwise search for anyone needing a mover to help move stuff
You would, but Damion seems to have just committed suicide. [perception 4] Wait, did his metal arm just twitch?

Take inventory; How much equipment was looted off of Groo (or destroyed), and what does he have left?
He's got the m1911 and the clips his body shielded it
The rifles toast it got turned into a wreck from the grenade
The katana [luck 1] got looted because it was shiny and lying in the middle of the street.
Most of the shrooms are currently making a party a lot more interesting though a small colony is currently sustaining itself on the blood on Groo's flight jacket and is growing inside it.

Don't stand near damnainain for no reason.
Your're already on the other side of the city but nevertheless the beast your controlling moves a couple of steps to the further away.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 07, 2016, 02:12:30 am »

"Damn, I put explosives in there? Easy now..."

Hop out of its mind and give it a treat for it's trouble.
Afterwards, go out and look for a job.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 07, 2016, 02:25:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go inside, imbue my arm and leg with a single daemon. Then go look at the site of Damiin's demise and see if he had anything interesting on him, and check the quality of his body.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:12:16 pm by Beirus »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 07, 2016, 05:05:55 am »

ooh, a new corpse to practice on! Go down and examine the guy who apparantly committed suicide. Check them for anything valuable and then start extracting their kidneys.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 07, 2016, 07:39:36 am »

Welp guess I ought to put damian out of his pain, unless he says something
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 08, 2016, 12:23:53 am »

"Damn, I put explosives in there? Easy now..."

Hop out of its mind and give it a treat for it's trouble.
Afterwards, go out and look for a job.

You withdraw your consioncess and stagger around for a second, disoriented from seeing from through your own eyes again, once you've made sure all your parts are where you last left them, you paw through the light beast kit until you come to the bag labelled milk bone beast treats,underneath it says made with real human bone marrow. You toss one to the beast and it happily snaps it up. Using some of the bone treats you lure the beast into a cage and load it into the van that your friend helpfully provided for you, you make a mental note to send him a coin as reimbursement for gas money once you get some cash to your name again. You think it's unlikely that you will find a job for your services in the rather upperclass neighborhood your friend lives in and thus begin to drive to the seedier side of town.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go inside, imbue my arm and leg with a single daemon. Then go look at the site of Damiin's demise and see if he had anything interesting on him, and check the quality of his body.
[Accepted]
You would do this, except that your brother just stood up again. He's clearly seen better days.

ooh, a new corpse to practice on! Go down and examine the guy who apparantly committed suicide. Check them for anything valuable and then start extracting their kidneys.
You meander over to the corpse [perception 4] Only thing he's got on him is a daemon infused arm and leg….wait did he just twitch? You move close but are suddenly taken aback when the corpse raises up and begins to stagger towards Adrian.

Welp guess I ought to put damian out of his pain, unless he says something
You don't think he's going to say anything what with the copious amounts of blood oozing out of the group near his face, [marksmanship 3] You put a bullet with your m1911 into his chest. Nothing happens for a second until suddenly the daemon arm suddenly slams upwards and jerks the rest of the body up, it begins to advance slowly towards you like a puppet on a string the the human limbs flailing around in random matter. You see his ribs poking out of his chest obviously due to the force of the impact and his face is horribly smashed, you watch as a chunk of skull falls away exposing part of his brain.

Groo wanders into the building, looking at the devastation his team left.  Is anything salvageable inside?
Groo bypasses the police tap and looks around the scene [luck 2] Just about everything but the hilt of damiens scythe, which seems to have been kicked under an empty box and forgotten, about as evidence. Don't worry the hilt is considered part of the knife it's just that it's size has been significantly reduced.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:53:16 am by MidnightJaguar »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 08, 2016, 12:57:20 am »

Give Damiun a wide berth and head into the apartment to get my limbs imbued. Gotta fight daemons with a single daemon, evenly distributed between two limbs. And a weapon, if I can find it. Go see where Damiin died to see if he had any weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 128