Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 99128 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #450 on: February 14, 2017, 10:58:50 am »

That's fair, actually. I forgot the Cave was already a thing for some reason. I'm kind of confused now as well.
Black lives matter.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 14, 2017, 11:06:53 am »

As to the "always had the hardest difficulty in the game", remember that this game is significantly different from the rest. If I had to guess, the "harder" difficulty is just doubling down on the survival elements. The game itself, from what I gather, is actually rather hard as-is.
This, I can't argue with. You make a good point, and I'm hoping they do make this new difficulty a "survival mode," because that might actually be kinda neat.

As for the Cave, it was already making its way to DLC back for Twilight Princess, where they stuck it as a "bonus feature" on the HD rerelease. I'm not surprised that they off-loaded it altogether.

This... I can argue with. I distinctly remember playing through the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess, on the original Gamecube release. Then again, maybe I'm hallucinating my own childhood memories. Don't think so, though.

Edit - I did some searching, and discovered that we were both right... sort of. The Cave of Ordeals was original content. ANOTHER dungeon, called the Cave of Shadows, was available in the HD re-release if you scanned a Wolf Link amiibo.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:09:31 am by Nighthawk »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 14, 2017, 01:37:39 pm »

New! Downloadable cartridge! Innovative!
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 14, 2017, 01:37:58 pm »

Expansion packs are totally still a thing, they just tend to drop the pack part recently. Or get called dlc anyway because lol.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 14, 2017, 01:41:53 pm »

Any digital expansion is DLC by definition though.
Black lives matter.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 14, 2017, 01:50:33 pm »

Any digital expansion is DLC by definition though.
Expansions tend to be more than some horse armor and a new weapon to shootmans with, though. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 14, 2017, 01:52:44 pm »

What's this even referencing?
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 14, 2017, 02:17:26 pm »

Not that, the thing about horse armor.
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 14, 2017, 02:27:10 pm »

still a totally optional buy :p
Black lives matter.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 15, 2017, 02:20:21 pm »

Both are coming this year, and the first one is scheduled for this summer. It includes the Cave of Trials challenge, a hard mode, and "a new feature for the in-game map."
The second is set for this holiday season, and it contains challenges, a new dungeon, and a "new original story."

Seems like bonus content to me.

New feature? That's garbage, is what that is.

I don't care about adding new content with DLCs.  More $ for more game is totally reasonable.  Adding features, on the other hand, is revolting. It's one tiny step away from straight up pay-to-win crap. 

I was so excited for open world Zelda, and now I don't even want to look at news about it. Everything new I learn just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

I'm really disappointed in Nintendo.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 15, 2017, 02:31:23 pm »

You know nothing about what it is other than the word "feature", and yet this has killed literally all interest in the game for you.

Okay then.

IME, games that add features in DLC have typically been
1) Bad in their original incarnation, and
2) Actually needed that feature to be fun

Especially since it's map-related. The translation for 'new map feature' is often 'we messed up and didn't figure it out until playtesting, so pay us more for it because we can't delay our release timeline any more than we already have and we need to justify releasing a DLC to the board'. 

Also, if you'd actually read my post, you would see 'Everything new I learn just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.'  So no, it's not just this one feature. Literally everything I've heard about the Switch/Zelda after the initial announcements has been bleh to me. 

I don't understand how Nintendo has managed to merge my favorite series with my favorite genre and come up with a game I am completely uninterested in, but they've done it.  I love open world RPGs, I love Zelda games, this was going to be the game I played for months and now I couldn't care less.  It's frustrating.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:33:58 pm by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 15, 2017, 06:59:05 pm »

You know nothing about what it is other than the word "feature", and yet this has killed literally all interest in the game for you.

Okay then.

IME, games that add features in DLC have typically been
1) Bad in their original incarnation, and
2) Actually needed that feature to be fun

Not much experience, then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 15, 2017, 07:29:58 pm »

Not much experience indeed. DLC is literally just small expansion packs most of the time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 16, 2017, 03:31:59 am »

Either that or cosmetics that don't really impact the gameplay at all but look visually new enough to trick your brain into thinking you're seeing a new thing despite it just being a recolour of an existing thing.

That said, I would buy the shit out of any cosmetic DLC that included the lobster shirt from Windwaker.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 16, 2017, 03:46:38 am »

The things people spend money on...

If i wanted that so bad, and the game supported user mods, I would just pull the texture asset from the GC disc (I have a modded Wii, so I dont have to swap discs, which means I have already dumped the disc to an image, and so would just need to go pearl diving to get the asset in question) and then do the retexture myself.  Not worth money, IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 69