Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 126

Author Topic: Brexit! Conversation Continued  (Read 182419 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit! Conversation Continued
« Reply #1440 on: April 05, 2017, 04:50:12 pm »

Kek
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 05, 2017, 05:32:51 pm »

That's because he hasn't been on the forums since the 26th of March.
He's probably busy practicing isolationism
Hmm, oh yeah, he promoted sustainable living in isolation,
Shush, dont say disgusting stuff
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1442 on: April 17, 2017, 04:56:59 am »

Naah, he probably just mangled the k and e on his keyboard and is unable to post without these.
The hilarious thing is I actually did break my "k" key and got a new one imported from Murrica only to have the computer in question break itself

But yeah, not dead or in isolation, just very busy. Spent the last weeks sailing around England and Northern coast of Yurop, was pretty dank all around, though I still have much work to do before I'm back to the usual schedule of insightful and productive discussion on current events

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 17, 2017, 10:27:49 am »

Must have had his map upside down. Gibraltar is in the south, not the north
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 18, 2017, 06:18:13 am »

Well then.

Mrs. May calling for snap elections. Let's see if Bregret is an actual thing.

Only ~6 weeks for campaigning though. Hopefully opposition parties have been on the ball with their plans for Brexit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 18, 2017, 06:44:06 am »

Well then.

Only ~6 weeks for campaigning though. Hopefully opposition parties have been on the ball with their plans for Brexit.

He, good, there should have been a General Election after the Brexit vote, rather than the farce that led to May becoming PM.

In other news, UK Gov wants to leave EU, refuse to let EU agencies leave.  :P

Also, Covenant, I always figured you were more the UKIP (Or even BNP on a bad day) type rather than Labour. Colour me surprised.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 18, 2017, 06:47:18 am »

Everyday the parody strip is seeming more and more on point.

Though I guess that is to be expected (Why would the UK NOT try to suck up all the benefits they can? Principle?). At this point a REAL possible outcome is that the UK ends up in the EU in essence (basically this whole Brexit thing ending up being the UK forcing a special deal onto the EU)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 07:00:37 am by Neonivek »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 18, 2017, 06:57:24 am »

Well then.

Yeah, we better hold our breath and wait and see if Corbyn gets in ;)

To be honest, I'm sad about it. After the election, Red Jez will have to go, and Labour might actually end up with a leader we have to worry about again. I feel we could have clung onto the status quo for at least another couple of years.

Oh well. Interested to see if UKIP retains its position in the national vote, or if the Lib Dems manage to worm their way back into third place.

Nah the British parties have to campaign that Brexit is still happening, but they can't do that in Scotland. I am curious how they deal with that dichotomy. I'm mostly surprised in my gut I still want the U.K. in yoorup.

I'm probably with you that Labour won't do well and I don't think the Lib Dems can move past the view they were spineless during the coalition, while Theresay May at least appears competent. She's also had the benefit of knowing she wants to do this, and has thus prepared for the campaigning.

My gut further tells me the Tories consolidate their position at the expense of Labour, while the SNP retain most of their seats in Scotland. Hopefully. May has forced Sturgeon's hand a bit, they may have to campaign on indyref2 to some extent. Could backfire handily though, for either side.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 18, 2017, 06:59:07 am »

Yeah, which is why I mostly see you as the UKIP kind of bloke generally speaking. You can be a anti-immigrant Brexiter without being a racist. But sometime you have a je ne sais quoi which really makes me wonder if I just misundertand you or if you're further down that path. But yeah, the typo misled me.

Nah the British parties have to campaign that Brexit is still happening, but they can't do that in Scotland. I am curious how they deal with that dichotomy. I'm mostly surprised in my gut I still want the U.K. in yoorup.

I'm probably with you that Labour won't do well and I don't think the Lib Dems can move past the view they were spineless during the coalition, while Theresay May at least appears competent. She's also had the benefit of knowing she wants to do this, and has thus prepared for the campaigning.

My gut further tells me the Tories consolidate their position at the expense of Labour, while the SNP retain most of their seats in Scotland. Hopefully. May has forced Sturgeon's hand a bit, they may have to campaign on indyref2 to some extent. Could backfire handily though, for either side.

Yeah, May probably wouldn't do the snap election thing if she wasn't sure to win a good majority.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 18, 2017, 07:01:30 am »

Won't necessarily work as straight-party-shift. We need competing pro-/anti-brexit candidates of the (otherwise) same hue ending up on the ballot alongside the avowed anti-/pro-brexit incumbent in most of the seats, or we can find out as little about public opinion as ww did about whether we wanted to leave the Common Market or not this year previous.

Also,  "There will be a vote in the House of Commons on Wednesday to approve the election plan - the Labour opposition party it will vote in favour."   I can't work out which actual rewording of this, in the article, was actually intended, though the meaning is of course clear.  (If I disagree, slightly. It opens up MPs who are opposite on the Corbyn issue from their own constituents to be vulnerable to the forces so unleashed.)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 18, 2017, 07:06:18 am »

My guess is that while no party (apart from the Lib Dem/Green) will back Bremain, the contest will eventually end up with the Tories backign Hard Brexit and Labour back Soft Brexit and staying in the Common market. Since for a bunch of reason the Tories are probably going to win anyway, the vote should overall be good news for Brexiters since it'd give the hard brexit more legitimacy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 18, 2017, 07:08:28 am »

Be funny if there was an upset and a party came with a platform that they will cancel brexit.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 18, 2017, 07:46:57 am »

It'd be political suicide at a national scale.

What about the LibDems?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 18, 2017, 07:51:30 am »

They're already knackered. They have 10 seats, not much to lose to be fair.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 18, 2017, 08:05:00 am »

They're already knackered. They have 10 seats, not much to lose to be fair.

That's 10 more seats than UKIP. :p

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 126