Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40875 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Blasphemy and Murder
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2016, 08:32:18 pm »

((Apart from the spells I'm asking for, I have Bind Wounds, Freeze, Lightning Arc, Identify Magic, Unbind Magic- which come to think of it might deal with magic traps?- and a "Find Item" scroll which is one-use.

Also! Before the mission starts for real, using the 10 unspent skill points to bring Magic to +2))
Wait. did you already ask for some specific spells? Did I miss that? and magic is at +2 now

For twinwolf, and everyone suggesting for her/him: a) her magic is versatile, and has no real genre limits. b) her magic, if she uses it, will be powerful comparatively to what anyone else in the group can do (even Clunkers) c) the cost of this is concentration, specificity, and use of a spellbook or scrolls. the more rigid a magic is, the more power it can have. fluid magic, guided by whim and the moment, can do a variety of things, but is not directed enough to give it that special oomph.

there are dozens of useful genres of magic you could use:
perception
attack
defense
restoration
information gathering
communication
area effects
access granting/denying
summoning
movement
control
((I did. I asked if there was anything to use against holy magic if the priests had it, and if there was an anti-trap spell since it seems unlikely they'd leave the artifact with only the priests as guards.

As for ones besides those, in order of priority: Something to *detect* traps (can't disarm them if you don't know they're there), Something for scouting an area undetected (do we have anyone who'd be decent in stealth already to use this on?), a defensive spell of some sort (perhaps creating cover for our ranged or magic users), an AoE offensive spell (preferably ice based), something to detect enemies nearby.

A crossbow would be nice for use when the magic should not be used or cannot be used, but I don't expect one given that I'm already asking for spells

Can anyone else think of anything? I'll continue trying.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2016, 08:34:13 pm »

"Guess iam not mde for making pothers happy, guess I can live with that, I'll just have to continue harming a few a lot for the good of the rest of us."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2016, 09:39:44 pm »

"Guess iam not mde for making pothers happy, guess I can live with that, I'll just have to continue harming a few a lot for the good of the rest of us."
((He says while crying profusely.))

See if I can intentionally increase the feedback to make Varion feel even worse about his failure life.

One question: does the demon summoning branch of magic let me do anything other than summon demons? Make a connection to a hell, for example?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2016, 09:42:08 pm »

((denile my friend, tis a strong biatch. Also who is the sado-masochist with the sadomasochist sword?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2016, 09:53:26 pm »

((You ain't denying shit. You're on the ground, crying. :P))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2016, 10:02:38 pm »

Twinwolf, bold something, eh? Scrolling back, I see that I missed your last request because it was in your "IC voice" with no "ask the following."

((He says while crying profusely.))

See if I can intentionally increase the feedback to make Varion feel even worse about his failure life.

One question: does the demon summoning branch of magic let me do anything other than summon demons? Make a connection to a hell, for example?

You caw mockingly, but no, the fedback link is already broken. As for opening a portal ... the branch of magic you use can do that, but you cannot, as you are now.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2016, 10:05:31 pm »

I'd like to see if I can get a more minor version of the hardening enchantment that was less immobilizing. The idea is that it would only make my fur harder when I got hit or immediately before, so I could move around normally when I wasn't actively being stabbed at. Consequently, it would also both be less protective, and it would occasionally fail to activate correctly, so I would take the hit as I normally would. However, this only matters if the fruit's effect lasts longer than a couple turns, if it's just a single turn buff then I'll just take the normal fur hardening.

Also, what does the Song of the Crow do?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2016, 10:11:21 pm »

stop crying and come to terms with not being good and helping people and just being a sadistic bastard. Grab stuff and prepare to get ready for goingmon mission, store bormal short sword and pike for retreival when we return if I haven't already. Prepare to drink potion when we get to the place.test it's effects on any hostiles we encounter or, if there are none, on killer hound and mongo specificaly scare them hakf to death, or until they shit themselves..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:59:09 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2016, 06:22:22 am »

Play a bit with my mechanical spider, to pass the time. Also calculate how effective the magic dampening enchantments on the cloak are, and if using the correct foci with my spells gives me extra oomph.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2016, 06:30:53 am »

((A crossbow would be nice for use when the magic should not be used or cannot be used, but I don't expect one given that I'm already asking for spells))

((It's way easier to find a humanoid-appropriate crossbow (in fact, that's the whole point of crossbows, at least mundane ones) than a magical spell.))

Move about in my armor. How exactly am I inconvenienced by it?

Furthermore, how do my brass knuckles function? Is it a power that is discharged, then recharges? A permanent property? A once-only effect?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2016, 09:14:36 am »

Fill a flask full of alcohol then go with the group to the temple.

Ask Mongo

Bet you a beer that the idiot with the thorn sword dies.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2016, 11:04:45 am »

Alright, I accept, under the condition that it doesn't count if an Omega kills him.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2016, 11:39:22 am »

Varion flips the two off
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2016, 08:39:24 am »

I asked if there was anything to use against holy magic if the priests had it, and if there was an anti-trap spell since it seems unlikely they'd leave the artifact with only the priests as guards.

As for ones besides those, in order of priority: Something to *detect* traps (can't disarm them if you don't know they're there), Something for scouting an area undetected (do we have anyone who'd be decent in stealth already to use this on?), a defensive spell of some sort (perhaps creating cover for our ranged or magic users), an AoE offensive spell (preferably ice based), something to detect enemies nearby.

A crossbow would be nice for use when the magic should not be used or cannot be used, but I don't expect one given that I'm already asking for spells
You can get a spellbook containing: Detect Mundane Trap, Detect Magical Trap, Spring/Disarm Mundane Trap, Shadow Observer (Clunkers has spy drones if he remembers) and Obscuring Mist. those are a thief's themed spells, so they run together. This spellbook is mission equipment, but may be kept if used well. You can have a hand crossbow as well, no biggie.

As for antiholy magic - holiness isn't a thing in itself. Holiness is always in reference to someone. A god. So one must combat that kind of thing with whatever it is that weakens that god, or stuff like that. For (a very rough) example: a person dedicated to the Wild One would be weak against gentle music, for "music soothes the savage beast."

I'd like to see if I can get a more minor version of the hardening enchantment that was less immobilizing. The idea is that it would only make my fur harder when I got hit or immediately before, so I could move around normally when I wasn't actively being stabbed at. Consequently, it would also both be less protective, and it would occasionally fail to activate correctly, so I would take the hit as I normally would. However, this only matters if the fruit's effect lasts longer than a couple turns, if it's just a single turn buff then I'll just take the normal fur hardening.

Also, what does the Song of the Crow do?
The kind of protection you are asking for would be quite versatile indeed. Perhaps on the next mission you can have something like that. For now, the other kind it is. The song of the Crow ... well, I'll give you a hint: Caw Caw, motherfucker.

stop crying and come to terms with not being good and helping people and just being a sadistic bastard. Grab stuff and prepare to get ready for goingmon mission, store bormal short sword and pike for retreival when we return if I haven't already. Prepare to drink potion when we get to the place.test it's effects on any hostiles we encounter or, if there are none, on killer hound and mongo specificaly scare them hakf to death, or until they shit themselves..
There will be hostiles. No need to fight among yourselves. You are strapped and ready to go.

Play a bit with my mechanical spider, to pass the time. Also calculate how effective the magic dampening enchantments on the cloak are, and if using the correct foci with my spells gives me extra oomph.
Click clack, skitter skit. The dampening could take the edge off a particularly nasty spell, or could brush off some minor stuff entirely. Some spells, it will have simply no effect on at all. Magic is funny that way. It's useful, but don't rely on it as a first line of defense for every encounter. Using the correct foci makes a notable difference in your spell ability and power.

((A crossbow would be nice for use when the magic should not be used or cannot be used, but I don't expect one given that I'm already asking for spells))

((It's way easier to find a humanoid-appropriate crossbow (in fact, that's the whole point of crossbows, at least mundane ones) than a magical spell.))

Move about in my armor. How exactly am I inconvenienced by it?

Furthermore, how do my brass knuckles function? Is it a power that is discharged, then recharges? A permanent property? A once-only effect?

You can't turn as quickly, for one thing. the tower shield snags on stuff, you are weighed down, so will tire somewhat easier, running requires a more concentrated effort to avoid tripping and the like. Juggling is right out, equipping and unequipping the shield takes a turn. The effect on the brass knuckles is a permanent property, though somewhat variable in strength and effectiveness. it always has a positive effect though, unless acted on by an outside force (like some sort of magical contamination or something)

Fill a flask full of alcohol then go with the group to the temple.

Ask Mongo

Bet you a beer that the idiot with the thorn sword dies.
Ready to go.

I see that Clunkers, Arileth, Korvash, and Corvo appear to be ready to go. That leaves Fiddler, Mongo, and Ebony. Fiddler and Mongo appear more or less ready, and Ebony is still hoping someone will please tel her what to do.

So, here are some points of interest for you:
1) you will be ported in a short distance from your target, at night. YOUR CART FULL OF GOODIES WILL BE THERE.
2) the target is in a crowded part of town, abutting otehr buildings and such.
3) the target is three stories tall
4) the Icon will be in a large worship center on the second floor. it will be hard to miss
5) the Abbot will be on the third floor, probably. that is where his chambers are, along with some offices and the "vault"
6) it's a fairly large building and there will be plenty of killing to do.
7) BOLD YOUR ACTIONS THAT YOU WANT ME TO SEE, INCLUDING SOMETHING FOR WHEN I NEED TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IC.

uh ... I am forgetting something. I am sure it won't hurt you in the end. Unless it does.

Oh, Someone is going around obscuring your Omega marks and ensuring that your disguises are properly set. "Remember, tell no one you are Omega. kill anyone who discovers the fact. Once in teh temple, kill all you encounter, but get the icon."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2016, 08:40:14 am »

P.S. I don't mind all the planning and stuff. So no actual hurry on my part for you to get in there.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32