Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we take mate off of the "List of Important People"?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 01, 2016, 07:55:06 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: Gloomdiamonds: The End of the Story (Finished)  (Read 53499 times)

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
Re: Gloomdiamonds: The Doom Saga - Book II
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2016, 10:37:03 am »

Sorry this is late, things didn't go according to plan.  The fort is alive, and progress is being made.  Not much has happened so far though.  I have yet to encounter problems with saving, so lets hope it stays that way.  I got the save about half way through fall, currently about halfway through winter.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2016, 11:36:41 am »

Kewl, keep it up,

I forgot about my write-up :P

Still have it in a word doc. somewhere...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2016, 05:16:02 pm »

Quick Update: Winter is done, and we've got our first insane dwarf!  I'll do a write up tomorrow, as I'm out with friends for the night. 
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2016, 05:36:04 pm »

Quick Update: Winter is done, and we've got our first insane dwarf!  I'll do a write up tomorrow, as I'm out with friends for the night.

I do believe that a proof of life is needed

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2016, 05:56:04 pm »

Here you go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, Don't you have a write up to post?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2016, 10:48:03 pm »

Yeah, I'm the patron Saint of Procrastination, I have like 25 pictures, but I just can't get myself to put pen to paper... or finger to keyboard...

Plus, I'm stuck. I'm the first year of a Doomforest sequel. Thats a lot of pressure, too little and nobody reads past it, too much and there's nothing to expand upon... I take great pride in my RPing abilities, but I have serious writers block right now... if any1 has plot ideas, PM me pls, that would be helpful. Tomorrow's saturday, so I'm off of work, and there's no classes tomorrow. I'll get to it.

(this is also why I limited myself to just the first year :P to avoid my procrastination interfering with the fortress)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:49:46 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2016, 10:50:37 pm »

Also, this means that turn 6 is open now

who wants it

puterking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2016, 10:59:52 pm »

Also, this means that turn 6 is open now

who wants it
Oooh, me!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2016, 11:36:29 pm »

@Ryukan & Drazoth: Eh, you've both posted more than gwolfski usually posts, and he's competent (Well, Ryukan massively more so). The important thing is that activity continues. Though not familiar with doomforests I.

And, hm, I think that entrance level screenshot could use a counter-arm to balance out into a spiral - maybe catacombs, since nobody should be walking there? Iunno, seems like there's an opportunity to mirror into symmetry somewhere somethere.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:39:41 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2016, 04:27:06 pm »

Journal of Zothdra

1st Sandstone:  Well, it looks like Airith has stepped down as OverSeer, an unexpected turn of events in my opinion.  She hadn't made any sort of horrible mistake that would lead her to resign in shame, nor had anything terrible happened that might cause her to resign out of some sort of guilt.  At any rate, I was next on the roster to take the office of OverSeer. 

Upon taking my position, that voice I heard before coming here spoke to me again.  He, or perhaps It, for I cannot be completely certain at this time, congratulated for taking leadership.  He told me that now I could begin to advance the plans it had for this place.  He told me that my first priority should be to grow the fort, expanding it's industrial and military capabilities.  Then once that was completed, The fortress would need to breach the caverns.  He said he would contact me once that was accomplished, baring some sort of emergency situation.

16th Sandstone: Some giant flies passed through, harassing anyone who went outside for a time.  Fortunately, no one was injured as a result of this.

17th Sandstone: The caravan from the Mountain Homes has left.  I hope that Airith took care of any trading during her reign, as I have been busy working on other projects.

10th Timber: I have been informed that we do not have anyone designated as a manager.  While it is certainly possible to get by without one, I think the operations of the fort can be streamlined by instituting one.  I've also learned we don't have a book keeper either.  I decide to assign both positions to Athel Koletar, who is supposed to be the expedition leader.  I also order appropriate chambers prepared for her office and bedroom, as she now qualifies as a lesser noble.

7th Moonstone: Things have been going well so far, no one has died, and nothing has tried to attack us yet.  I decided to have some stone fall traps put up in the entrance hall near the surface.  I know that it won't do much to deter attackers, but every little bit helps.  It might take a while for them to get built, seeing as we have no mechanist, nor a workshop for one.  I have ordered a workshop built and told the jeweler that they have a new trade to learn. 

16th Moonstone:  While I was inspecting the traps being completed, I noticed that we had some sand on one of the levels near the surface.  I figured we should be able to get some use out of that and ordered a wood furnace built on that level, as well as a glass furnace.  I also ordered space dug out for the appropriate stockpiles. 

I noticed that when the fuel stockpile was designated, that it was rather quickly filled.  Upon further inspection, it turned out that aside from a food stockpile near the farms, a generic stockpile near it and a wood stockpile on the surface, there were no other stockpiles in the whole fort.  This meant that dwarves were wasting valuable time hauling shit to and from that stockpile near the farms.  This is not acceptable.  I order space on the level above the workshops dug out, and have stockpiles designated there.  I also have a single stair put beside each workshop leading up to these stock piles to minimize time spent going to fetch or store something.

17th Obsidian: I have been informed that a peasant who was training as a soldier has gone insane.

It seems that this was brought about as a result of a fight between him and a giant tortoise, which he at least managed to kill before going mad.

28th Obsidian: It is the last day of the year 1050, and the fort has survived.  Aside from that peasant who is crawling (likely due to having his leg broken during his fight with the tortoise) around babbling, everyone seems to be more or less fine.  No migrants arrived this winter, so I haven't been able to get any more recruits.  All in all, not a terrible start to this place.  Hopefully the name ends up being an ironic one.

OOC: So that wraps up the first year.  Everything seems to be going well for now anyway.  I've got the first month and a half of spring done, so hopefully I'll be able to post another write up soon.  Ryukan, my advice is that if you can't think of something, just bullshit it.  It's what's gotten me through college so far.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2016, 04:47:45 pm »

The single stockpile thing.... yeah, I was focused on the entrance mainly, so I kinda skimmed everything else

And the Giant Tortoises, I wanted the military to level up very quickly, So I ordered them all to kill the turtles... You'll read about it in the write up (rather hilarious)

And I traded for food, drinks, and a really nifty Book and your Helmet

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2016, 06:06:30 pm »

How would killing even infinite turtles affect your sanity?

Recruits going insane in the second year....That's something of an achievement. Yikes.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2016, 07:07:59 pm »

Recruits going insane in the second year....That's something of an achievement. Yikes.

Thank you

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2016, 07:24:09 pm »

Journal of Airith, Head Carpenter, Summer

Well, after deliberating, I assigned some dwarves to our militia, well dwarf, a fellow known by us as Zothdra.

After that I set up a small room, stuck an armor stand (really a stick and a hook) and said it was a barracks. Lad was happy as a clam. Apparently he was a veteran of the great war some summers ago.

Work was slow after I carved the first 7 beds. So I looked at the records of our Civ, a brief pamphlet I brought along to relieve boredom.

Astvel.... sounds familiar?

Got word today that Erib created a rather nice amulet today, some said it was a masterpiece, and after looking at it myself, I gotta agree with them.

As I was crafting... well crafts, I heard somedwarf shout "Migrants on the horizon!" Crap.

As I headed out to great them, I was ATTACKED by one of them Giant Tortoises! Damn buggers keep staring at me like they know something I don't.

Anywho, the rest of summer passed uneventfully. We dug out some more rooms and we were all conscripted to smooth out the rooms of the original seven. Soon enough Autumn was there to greet us.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2016, 08:00:10 pm »

How would killing even infinite turtles affect your sanity?

Well, he spent about 9.5 pages of combat reports hitting the tortoise's shell uselessly and passing out from exhaustion.  About halfway through the tenth page he decided to stop attacking the shell, managing to kill the tortoise but getting his leg broken from a bite just before doing so.  I think that spending several days, perhaps weeks trying to kill this tortoise without rest is what drove him insane.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43