Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1422836 times)

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*
« Reply #7365 on: February 11, 2012, 06:56:21 pm »

stuff

Yeah I like your goblin, she's really cool. Nice clean lines. Reminds me of one of the illustrators that White Wolf publishing employed.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Kastrol Aslaasri

• Bay Watcher
  • Endut! Hoch Hech!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: February 13, 2012, 09:25:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Mc. Bolas" Kelarist

Axedwarf, he felt angry about the long patrol duty and started a fight. But the Captain of the Guard get him and chop his arms off.
Now he's retired, sometimes he go to the beach and stand there....... looking at the horizon......
Oh, also, right now (after I drew this) he has no clothes. A little chubby armless guy running around naked in my fortress.
I love this game.
She was also sad that her father's corpse was rotting in his bedroom, but that's a minor inconvenience.
I love this game so much.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #7367 on: February 13, 2012, 04:46:49 pm »

Not sure to find that last image humourous or really sad. It is nicely drawn though.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: February 13, 2012, 05:13:57 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:52:44 am by Ogdibus »

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #7369 on: February 13, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »

Because a spot might look nice at the map, but when you get there...

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: February 13, 2012, 06:00:43 pm »

Stuff
Can't see any images, brah. Don't use photobucket! Use img.ie

I haven't seen your goblin yet, but I take it it's a sexy goblin? I like sexy goblins.

Thanks Yoink, I'm glad you like it. Hmm not got the hang of these pencils yet. Trouble with coloured pencils is that the difference in colours isn't subtle enough. That's why trouser shadow isn't quite right. Different materials have different coloured shadows (some shadows are 'greyed out', also, albedo makes a big difference.)

Also drew myself a new avatar for the forums. Not sure if I like it.

It would be advisable to use a smaller resized version as your avatar, currently it takes a bit more connection than it ought to to load.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: February 13, 2012, 07:59:43 pm »

I went out and bought some more pencils. Still doesn't look right to me. This is what a dwarf woman I drew looks like after I resampled the image to something smaller, and applied the erode effect, and the median effect, and increased the saturation in Paint Shop Pro. I also cleared some cruft from around the edges with the white paintbrush tool. Coloured pencils just aren't a precision tool! Still the overall effect is alright.

The jaw drew my attention, immediately followed by the left calf, followed by the left boot.

The jaw width seems off compared to the width of other facial features, and the shading along the left side of the face seem a bit off too.

The calf and boot don't seem to quite match.  I believe the foot of the boot is way too big for the calf/legs.  The top of the boot can gap out like it does just fine, but that poor girl has sled runners for feet.   Her foot appears to be roughly the same size as her entire thigh :o

Still FAR better than anything I could possibly manage though!

How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: February 13, 2012, 08:44:21 pm »

Thanks for the tip, Cruxador. I forgot about how badly big files crucify avatar loading time.

Farmerbob, I like big boots, I cannot lie. It comes from my love of Final Fantasy VII. The leg is a little odd-looking, I know, the pencil line wobbled. I don't think dwarf women look right without strong jaws, it's intentional.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: February 14, 2012, 06:41:17 pm »

Thanks for the tip, Cruxador. I forgot about how badly big files crucify avatar loading time.

Farmerbob, I like big boots, I cannot lie. It comes from my love of Final Fantasy VII. The leg is a little odd-looking, I know, the pencil line wobbled. I don't think dwarf women look right without strong jaws, it's intentional.

When I looked at it again, I see that the shadow of the left side of the face blended a bit too well with the point of the jaw, which made me see a jaw much bigger than what it appears you wanted to draw.

Big calf boots are pretty cool looking, but do you intend to make the feet that big?

If this criticim bothers you lemme know and I'll shut up :P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:50:13 pm by Farmerbob »
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: February 14, 2012, 08:25:18 pm »

Nah, I do tend to draw boots too big. I do sort of like them that way though.

I think that we all ought to make some fan art commemorating the launch of the new version. Can't think what would be appropriate yet though... I'll have to wait for something awesome to happen in my game relevant to the new version.
But .... It's so small!

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: February 14, 2012, 09:02:22 pm »

I think I might draw the horrible dwarf blood-streaked forest of my virgin 34.01 fort X)
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: February 15, 2012, 06:56:03 pm »

Is pony mod related stuff allowed?  :)  In one of the community forts I'm part of I had my claimed pony get her skull shattered by a kick from an antelope forgotten beast.  Guess that's what she gets for trying to be a hero and solo it.  She did manage to beat it up nicely at least.  I'm going to miss her, she turned out to be a surprisingly deep character I think.  I was moved enough by her passing to sink quite few hours into memorializing her end.

Blah blah, ponies, I know.  But if you hate ponies, at least it's one that's dead / dying right?

Spoiler: Dead Pony (click to show/hide)

Rest in peace Captain Falcata.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #7377 on: February 16, 2012, 05:21:06 am »

That picture is quite well done.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: February 16, 2012, 05:43:16 am »

As much as I don't mind mod stuff, I worry that if pony pictures are known to be okay here, there could suddenly be a huge flood of ponies that drown out the dwarves.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: February 16, 2012, 06:28:13 am »

Is pony mod related stuff allowed?  :)  In one of the community forts I'm part of I had my claimed pony get her skull shattered by a kick from an antelope forgotten beast.  Guess that's what she gets for trying to be a hero and solo it.  She did manage to beat it up nicely at least.  I'm going to miss her, she turned out to be a surprisingly deep character I think.  I was moved enough by her passing to sink quite few hours into memorializing her end.

Blah blah, ponies, I know.  But if you hate ponies, at least it's one that's dead / dying right?

Spoiler: Dead Pony (click to show/hide)

Rest in peace Captain Falcata.

Meh, pony schmony, I don't come here to see pictures of short, hairy people, and don't care what people draw, provided that it's kept safe for work which is where I see these pages from most of the time.

That's some good drawing there!
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 561