Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 878285 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Comes pre-installed with df, dfhack, twbt, a custom LNP, 12+ utilities like Therapist, Soundsense and more.

VARIETY UPDATE!

First of all: I fixed the moved pixels, the wrong overrides (mineralstairs/floors) and the occasional odd color on trees/wood.

And now, I present to you two completely new features:

Animations

I can now animate sprites ingame, which I tested on water and magma. It requires TWBT redraw_all 1, which might affect FPS or cause instability... so if you experience any issues, just turn it off in the Meph Launcher.exe. I added a button that says "Animation" on the first page.

Magma:

Semi-Molten Rock:

Pools:

Rivers (with 4 directions for the animation):

- Variety

Identical terrain and objects can now pick a random sprite from a pre-set selection. This means that we can avoid the super-copy-pasted look by adding a bit of variety. I tested it with the rocks on the surface, webs, soil, rock walls, roots, blocks, bars, boulders and statues. The statues are optional and can be disabled with one click in the launcher.

Rock wall, before and after:

Soil and Roots:

Bars and Blocks:

Webs (I added 3 more since the screenshot was taken):

Statues (yes, that's 256 of them, based on the dwarf sprites of Vordak)

I haven't mentioned it in quite a while, due to my long absence last year, but you can support this tileset on Patreon.

Have fun testing everything and I hope you enjoy the update. :)
(It's still on 44.09, because the custom TWBT version has not been updated yet.)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made a thing! Not too sure about it. It's supposed to be a coffin with a dwarf woman on it. I used an ipad app but for some reason it doesn't want to save it as a gif or png, only jpg which removes the transparency :/ What do you use to make the sprites?

Anyway, what do you think about it?

Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried to make random tiles but when I typed this into overrides, game сrashes at start. What's wrong?
[TILESET:TIER_2.png:TIER_2.png:tier2]

[OVERRIDE:133:T:SoilWall:tier2:R:0:1:2:3]
[OVERRIDE:133:T:MineralWall:tier2:R:0:1:2:3]
[OVERRIDE:133:T:StoneWall:tier2:R:0:1:2:3]

[OVERRIDE:176:T:SoilWall:tier2:R:4:5:6:7]
[OVERRIDE:177:T:SoilWall:tier2:R:8:9:10:11]
[OVERRIDE:141:T:SoilWall:tier2:R:12:13:14:15]

[OVERRIDE:157:T:SoilWall:tier2:R:16:17:18:19]
[OVERRIDE:157:T:MineralWall:tier2:R:16:17:18:19]
[OVERRIDE:157:T:StoneWall:tier2:R:16:17:18:19]

[OVERRIDE:131:T:SoilWall:tier2:R:20:21:22:23]
[OVERRIDE:131:T:MineralWall:tier2:R:20:21:22:23]
[OVERRIDE:131:T:StoneWall:tier2:R:20:21:22:23]

[OVERRIDE:137:T:MineralWall:tier2:R:24:25:26:27]

[OVERRIDE:132:T:MineralWall:tier2:R:28:29:30:31]

[OVERRIDE:138:T:MineralWall:tier2:R:32:33:34:35]

[OVERRIDE:134:T:MineralWall:tier2:R:36:37:38:39]

[OVERRIDE:139:T:MineralWall:tier2:R:40:41:42:43]
[OVERRIDE:137:T:StoneWall:tier2:R:24:25:26:27]

[OVERRIDE:132:T:StoneWall:tier2:R:28:29:30:31]

[OVERRIDE:138:T:StoneWall:tier2:R:32:33:34:35]

[OVERRIDE:134:T:StoneWall:tier2:R:36:37:38:39]

[OVERRIDE:139:T:StoneWall:tier2:R:40:41:42:43]

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:45:25 am by waterphage13 »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

After the R, you need to have the number of variants, then the varients themselves.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After the R, you need to have the number of variants, then the varients themselves.
Thanks

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki

If you refer to the screenshot, some of them are made of dark rock (granite), others of bright rock (quartzite).

No I meant the statue tileset, but in your last post I see you made them brighter now.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alas, I didn't get any animations or random tiles when I generated a new world. I don't even see _MDF_alternates.png mentioned in a TILESET rule in overrides.txt.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow so much cool stuff going on. Love the variance! It's no where near out of hand! This work is amazing and much more interesting to look at!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Alas, I didn't get any animations or random tiles when I generated a new world. I don't even see _MDF_alternates.png mentioned in a TILESET rule in overrides.txt.
Did you change anything in the launcher before you started the new version? There was a bug with an old overrides.txt, but I thought I fixed that for good.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you change anything in the launcher before you started the new version? There was a bug with an old overrides.txt, but I thought I fixed that for good.

I did check a few checkboxes, but "Animations" is still checked.

Thoth1972

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there gonna be Mac support for this pack/tileset?

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did check a few checkboxes, but "Animations" is still checked.

Ok, I figured it out. All three of the copies of overrides.txt in the TilesetExtras directory are from an earlier version. At some point I must have activated the dropdown box for the tileset size, causing it to overwrite the new file with the older file.

I extracted the new overrides.txt from the rar file and overwrote the old file with it, so now I have the new features.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile

PTW (keep up the good work meph)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I notice "twbt redraw_all" is enabled by default in V3. I was just wondering if this was intentional.

I also see that the EGGPLANT color was removed from descriptor color standard in v3. I'm guessing that was an accident.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:54:44 pm by jecowa »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I notice "twbt redraw_all" is enabled by default in V3. I was just wondering if this was intentional.

I also see that the EGGPLANT color was removed from descriptor color standard in v3. I'm guessing that was an accident.
Intentional, it's needed for the animations. I wanted people to test them. So far no negative comments about the animations themselves, but 2 reports about crashes by people on Reddit. Next update I'll have to turn it off again, since it still causes instability. :/ At least I know that I wont work on animations any time soon.

Eggplant was one of Dragonmasters colors. When I added his colors, I didn't fully understand how the numeration works. Now I do. Eggplant was deleted on purpose, it's not in vanilla DF.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 187