Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876491 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Could you fix the set for the adventurer mode? It displays nonsensical tiles on map (stairs where in the middle of forest, random coffins/armored guard sprites in place of far-away slopes or walls, thought bubbles, etc.)
Nope, can't change that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Could you fix the set for the adventurer mode? It displays nonsensical tiles on map (stairs where in the middle of forest, random coffins/armored guard sprites in place of far-away slopes or walls, thought bubbles, etc.)
Nope, can't change that.
because it's a problem of TWBT.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, sorry. I didn't mean "No, I can't, because I don't want to", but "No, I can't because it's not possible". ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

So I have to take it up with TWBT developer then? Sure, where can I contact him or her?
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Yes, sorry. I didn't mean "No, I can't, because I don't want to", but "No, I can't because it's not possible". ;)
just wanted to clarify that before anyone gets confused and/or angry :D

Meph, can you help me get this modded into the game?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174437.0
i can't help but watch different gondolas lately and this one sparked the idea: https://pr0gramm.com/new/1608831
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 01:37:24 pm by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

n1buz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

https://imgur.com/a/zgmruOq

So I've recently started playing DF and I'm using your tile set but I've ran into this issue where my floor tiles seem to be something else. When I click on them all I see is wooden floor tile and I've tried destroying and putting them back but in that space they always look weird like that.

Do you have any idea why this is? Thanks

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Meph will you make a new release once the latest DF Revised is ready?

knainoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://imgur.com/a/zgmruOq

So I've recently started playing DF and I'm using your tile set but I've ran into this issue where my floor tiles seem to be something else. When I click on them all I see is wooden floor tile and I've tried destroying and putting them back but in that space they always look weird like that.

Do you have any idea why this is? Thanks

That's a pretty common graphic bug, usually happens with built or smoothed floors next to either farms or bridges. Happens to me all the time, if you move your viewscreen around the graphic tiles will move with it. Alternatively, there could be some loose vegetation on your floor.

Elarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.1 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 8th May - Do you like dogs?
« Reply #2198 on: September 01, 2019, 02:01:25 am »

Is there a V5.1 that can be used on Mac/Linux?

Already have DFHack/TWBT installed and working.

I guess the easiest way is to configure this on a windows box, copy the folders over my Mac and then replace the binaries/libraries with the native versions and launch `dfhack`?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: September 01, 2019, 03:46:49 am »

it'd be better to not copy any binaries into linux version.

Elarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: September 01, 2019, 04:44:59 am »

I simplified my planned instructions. But yes, no copying of binaries between systems. Copy anything non base application-related etc....

Just need to work out what Meph modified exactly in the base df folder with a few diff's maybe

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: September 02, 2019, 04:07:38 am »

when only copying in his textures and overrides, i had strange stuff. like kaolinite was depicted as red statues etc.
i guess it's due to mutiple contradicting overrides due to the other files from the LNP.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2202 on: September 02, 2019, 07:46:11 am »

when only copying in his textures and overrides, i had strange stuff. like kaolinite was depicted as red statues etc.
i guess it's due to mutiple contradicting overrides due to the other files from the LNP.
Nope, that's because the tile numbers in the raws change as well.

I simplified my planned instructions. But yes, no copying of binaries between systems. Copy anything non base application-related etc....

Just need to work out what Meph modified exactly in the base df folder with a few diff's maybe
Have a look at the raw-only version. That way you know which files you need.

@Meph will you make a new release once the latest DF Revised is ready?
Maybe? ^^ Is it ready?

So I have to take it up with TWBT developer then? Sure, where can I contact him or her?
That would be Mifki. Write him a PM.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: September 02, 2019, 10:26:18 am »

Nope, that's because the tile numbers in the raws change as well.
but i also had it when i had a "vanilla" linux-LNP and only copied in that version of your pack and created a new world.
i gave it up completely, because it wasn't worth the grey hair.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.1 (32x32) - 44.12 - updated 8th May
« Reply #2204 on: September 02, 2019, 07:30:02 pm »

UPDATE!

Download: Meph Tileset V5.2
You can support the tileset on Patreon or as a one-time donation on Paypal.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to do some more modding, with lots to come in future. As a first example, here some optional training workshops made for this tileset: 20 workshops that slowly train any skill you like. I made a proper mod-release thread here, so that people without the tileset can use them, but of course the style is intended to fit into the Meph set. As always, they are optional just like the rest of the modded tileset content and can be disabled with a click on the "decorational workshops" button in the GUI. (Needs a new worldgen)

The workshops are sorted into three categories: Guilds to train labors, requiring two chairs and two tables to be build; Libraries to train social skills, requiring two quires and two bookcases to be build; and Training Rooms for military skills, requiring two armorstands and two weaponracks.

To train a skill, simply run any of the reactions, they do not cost any reagents. They give 30xp every time, which means that to go from Dabbling to Novice, a dwarf would have to repeat it 17 times. To get to Talented, 150 times. To get to Legendary+5, just a meager 967 times.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 187