Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 183774 times)

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2016, 07:33:25 pm »

That is only for Clayey soil, I have Chalky Soil, clay pit can not be built on it.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2016, 07:42:24 pm »

That is only for Clayey soil, I have Chalky Soil, clay pit can not be built on it.

Pretty sure chalky soil, as well as schist, are the sources of resources the devs have not added into the game yet.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2016, 07:57:02 pm »

Good to know. I setup on Tetra and look like i'm going to have a fair amount of iron. -6c however, so I think my food options are importing and fishing.

Also I seem to have just made money off selling work horses? I don't remember setting anything to sell, or even knowing I had work horses, hrm.

Ah, I see.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:35:17 pm by deoloth »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2016, 08:23:06 pm »

I have cows and apparently can pick up some sheep...  what do? 

Cold Northlands of Tetra

You can specialize a barn for raising cattle and sheep, leather is extremely rare at this point everywhere.
Not seeing that option... but I am creating a cowshed in... 4.5 days.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2016, 08:29:35 pm »

The cowshed is the specialization required, you can find the details in the encylopedia.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2016, 08:48:14 pm »

Set myself up a new kingdom. Took a while to figure out what the heck I was doing (I agree that the tutorial is just this side of useless), and unfortunately I picked my woodcutters before I'd figured out how to see my unit's stats (only STR 11 when I've got STR 16 available), but we're now harvesting wood from our domain, setting up a farm (which will probably be useless due to the winter, but the tutorial told me I should have one), and a clay pit.

I've got a tin deposit, but looking at the market information for my region, it looks like it's only selling for the market minimum (1g/kg), so I don't know that it'd be worth the time/resources to build a road all the way over there.

It looks like I've got some abandoned domains nearby, so I think my next action will be to send my lord over to see if I can conquer them.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2016, 08:56:48 pm »

oh chalk, yeah.  That's useless.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2016, 08:57:54 pm »

Was struggling with having no gold to buy anything, and not wanting to sell off my starting resources.

Sold off most of my ropes for 500 gold each. This proved to be a -very- good decision. Now I was able to afford the tools needed for my miner training and building a small school with a lot left over. Not long after, the price of ropes being sold had dropped to 200 gold and I bought a few back just in case I would need some. Also led to my character being knighted into the Order of Denier, whatever that is.

My location on the map is at 03723W:15437N the Hawkwoods. I'd really like to expand northwards toward the Pines and Copper deposit. I'm not sure how expanding the domain works... though it seems they can get pretty big if the domain to the east of me is any indication.

Also for some reason my Olive wood received a bronze medal? I only harvested 2m3 of it from one olive tree and no one seemed to want to buy it. Not sure what good having a medal on it does though, maybe someone will pay top dollar for it?

Also, sheep! My farmer found 18! Yes EIGHTEEN! Sheep roaming around, each worth about a thousand gold! I'm rich!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2016, 09:17:59 pm »

Not sure how this training stuff works, what's required for miner training for example and how does it work? I got a mine and pickaxes but it's not giving me an option to train.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2016, 09:32:11 pm »

Not sure how this training stuff works, what's required for miner training for example and how does it work? I got a mine and pickaxes but it's not giving me an option to train.

You'll need a mine built, and then send the settler to the mine. Then click the education tab (it is the 4th button in action list for units.) and it should be listed. You'll need 10 pickaxes and 10 shovels. This is where I ran into to trouble cause I had used all my starting picks for training someone else and didn't have any shovels. Picks also seem to cost a lot of gold.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2016, 09:38:33 pm »

My location on the map is at 03723W:15437N the Hawkwoods.

You're the Hawkwoods? Hawkwood is usually my goto medieval and/or fantasy name and I was sad to realize it was taken, lol.

Oh nice, found some 102% quality ancient beeches about 6 spaces from my square.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 09:47:13 pm by deoloth »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2016, 09:44:38 pm »

The cowshed is the specialization required, you can find the details in the encylopedia.
Do I need to do something special to feed cows/sheep?  They won't randomly die if I just have their food in the inventory?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2016, 10:18:19 pm »

You'll need a mine built, and then send the settler to the mine. Then click the education tab (it is the 4th button in action list for units.) and it should be listed. You'll need 10 pickaxes and 10 shovels. This is where I ran into to trouble cause I had used all my starting picks for training someone else and didn't have any shovels. Picks also seem to cost a lot of gold.

Alright thanks, and yeah it's like 80 bucks per pick so I'll hold out on pickaxes for now.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2016, 10:19:06 pm »

How exactly do I build some sort of field for farming? I'm very far south, so I don't need to worry about temperature.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2016, 10:22:18 pm »

I've built some Houses. How do I build a school to that I can turn my peasants into masons, carpenters, joiners and whatnot if I need masons, carpenters, joiners and whatnot to build a Small School?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 161