Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 183770 times)

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2016, 10:25:31 pm »

I've built some Houses. How do I build a school to that I can turn my peasants into masons, carpenters, joiners and whatnot if I need masons, carpenters, joiners and whatnot to build a Small School?
Schools must be built next to houses, just move someone over to a tile adjacent to a house and the option should be there in the "Construction" tab.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2016, 10:26:21 pm »

How exactly do I build some sort of field for farming? I'm very far south, so I don't need to worry about temperature.

small barn I believe, then you are able to build fields nearby.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2016, 10:30:25 pm »

I've built some Houses. How do I build a school to that I can turn my peasants into masons, carpenters, joiners and whatnot if I need masons, carpenters, joiners and whatnot to build a Small School?

The build requirements can be misleading sometimes. Most of the time you just don't have enough workers or your workers don't have enough energy/happiness to fulfill the "skill requirements" to begin construction on a job.

I was going through all the help files trying to figure out how to train a settler in "surveying" when a new family showed up with full energy and happiness. I assigned the new unit to the building I was trying to get started and he filled like five of those "skill requirements" at once and I hit play.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2016, 10:33:11 pm »

I'm at 04128 W, 16698 N, anyone around near me?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2016, 10:38:42 pm »

Schools must be built next to houses, just move someone over to a tile adjacent to a house and the option should be there in the "Construction" tab.
I'm next to Houses and I see it in the construction tab, but we're missing the skills to build the school.
EDIT: After reading Datgum's post, that may be it. My people are a bit tired, having worked all day and average about 50% tiredness. I'll call it for tonight and try it again tomorrow.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2016, 10:52:54 pm »

I'm next to Houses and I see it in the construction tab, but we're missing the skills to build the school.
EDIT: After reading Datgum's post, that may be it. My people are a bit tired, having worked all day and average about 50% tiredness. I'll call it for tonight and try it again tomorrow.

That is almost certainly it. At 50% tiredness their skills will be degraded a huge amount and none of them will have high enough skill to meet the requirement.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2016, 11:35:07 pm »

I'm at 04128 W, 16698 N, anyone around near me?

A lot of us are about as far away from that coord as possible lol. Center of the map really.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2016, 11:44:11 pm »

Sitting around 00815 E, 24500 N here.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2016, 12:00:42 am »

If you want to give an easier time to help find were you are on the map give a name.  Not like you can hide anything in this game.

If I had access to a normal keyboard I could write a 3-5 page starting guide.  If you want to know how to make something search in game.  Each building/resource will tell you what you are missing.  Also going through the help files resources can help you find resources you could get into, there are tons.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2016, 01:23:36 am »

How exactly do I build some sort of field for farming? I'm very far south, so I don't need to worry about temperature.

Build a barn first on a plain, then you should be able to plough the surrounding plains with fields for planting!

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2016, 01:50:05 am »

Build a barn first on a plain, then you should be able to plough the surrounding plains with fields for planting!

You'll also need to acquire some starting seeds to plant. I think you can 'find' them in meadows. I didn't have any meadow though, so I ended up buying them on the market. Takes 50kg to plant a field, then 7 days before you can harvest. I'm hoping for a decent yield since it takes 50kg to plant. Maybe someone else knows about how much you get back per field?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2016, 01:51:02 am »

By the by, for anyone on the fence about this game--it's the game Might & Fealty aspired to be. This game so far outclasses Battlemaster and M&F in quality, strategy, and the general amount of stuff to do and think about that it's really in a league of its own. Imagine someone took Imperium Nova (if you are familiar) and formalized all emergent trade, diplomatic, and feudal systems. It's brilliant.

Furthermore the fact that you get to SEE the fruits of your labor in the domain(s) and city(s) that you grow is inspiring. It's the first game of this nature or genre that I really want to keep playing and that it feels that realistically, I can reach my goals. The best part is how seamlessly all the different systems blend together. The economy, warfare, factions, nobility, and your domain really come together to make for an interesting game.

If you're fan of Imperium Nova, Battlemaster, M&F, Nationstates, or even the Anno series, Sim City, or CK2 I strongly urge you to check out Lands of Lords.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2016, 01:55:08 am »

Depending on the temp and quality of the field and tiredness of my farmer my wheat and barley fields are giving 500-1k grain and similar amount of straw.  Supposedly at better temps harvests of over 2k are possible.
You'll also need to acquire some starting seeds to plant. I think you can 'find' them in meadows. I didn't have any meadow though, so I ended up buying them on the market. Takes 50kg to plant a field, then 7 days before you can harvest. I'm hoping for a decent yield since it takes 50kg to plant. Maybe someone else knows about how much you get back per field?

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2016, 02:22:19 am »

One of our new members, Ariel Alurae aka Kazagarth here on the forums, has settled "Error" and needs other Bay12ers to settle near him. His settlements cords are 02269W:24752N. If anyone is interested in braving the cold north, the area has a number of inactive settlements we have been working on opening up for Bay12er habitation.

Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2016, 03:19:50 am »

This looks very interesting, but I'm a little bit lost as to how I should progress after the tutorial. Right now I found an area where I could build a trapper's hut so I'm doing that... is there something I need to get done immediately? The tutorial said to start farming, but judging by the temperatures that doesn't seem like a good idea.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 161