Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 41072 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 28) Roll to stalk werewolves: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2017, 01:02:27 pm »

Go on.

Talk to Nez'gol. Answer him honestly. Be ready for combat if the need to fight arises.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2017, 12:19:43 am »

Nayrous spreads his spindly arms into the air like a prophet with fingers spread and his dusty runic adornments flowing. He tries to feel a wind that would indicate an exit. If he suceeds take the exit.

"Gentle winds show us your blessed path. Gratia."

Upgrade my INT. ((I'm interested in other stats too (for better or worse :P), but that tasty +1 parry on my sword is sitting there.))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2017, 01:49:23 am »

Disappointed.

Cyfraith decides to stalk the werewolves from the treetops, gliding from tree to tree. In the process, she attempts to mask the sounds of her movement by creating a void around herself. She doesn't need to breath, anyway.

...or does she?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 29) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2017, 05:25:50 pm »

Roll 29
----
The reason for why I couldn't post in the last two days was because I had to learn for a bunch of tests at school. But since that's over with, I should be able to post normally at least until the end of the week.
--
@Crimson Oh... um... I forgot to mention that cooldowns end at the end of your turn (after using up all your major actions) didn't I? Well, sorry. *nervous laugh*
--
I'd like to ask all the players, except for _DivideByZero_, to post the backstories of their characters in a spoiler at the end of their post. If your character doesn't have one, then feel free to ignore this message.

--

Mercenary 1

You inspect both chests in all the ways you know, trying to find any signs of traps that could trigger if you try to open them. You don't really find anything like that, or perhaps the chests are simply not trapped physically, so you proceed to open one of them, starting with...

(Roll for randomness: 1)

The left one. It seems to be unlocked, and the inside is filled with... nothing more than a seemingly impenetrable shadow. As you try to pierce the darkness and see if there was anything else inside, you feel something shift behind you. Your raise your head and look around, only to see that you were in a completely different place now: there were no walls or ceiling or anything, just numerous streaks of red and purple running round in chaotic patterns on a background formed of pure blackness. You were no longer sitting on the transparent floor of the Hall of Ceremonies, instead it was replaced with a misty grey substance which streched almost infinitely into the darkness. Nevertheless, as you continue staring in all directions, you don't notice as a tiny imp appears in front of you.
"Oh? I didn't know we had a new arrival." it says with a mocking tone. You notice that it's skin was tinted with various dark colors. "Anyway, you're a skeleton, so you must be sent here by Azygos, righ?" the imp remarks, studying you closely.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You decide to increase your intelligence further because you realize this would give you both a boost to both offense and defense. In your warrior form, at least. Anyway, you raise both of your bare arms into the air, with fingers spread, almost resembling a prophet. Or a summoner. Either way, you feel the wind blowing through both paths, although it was slightly stronger in the right one, so you go to the supposed exit. Rhunon only shrugs to himself before quietly following you. Going through an opening you quickly realize from a quick glance around why the wind was blowing from both paths: it was because they actually led to different parts of the same room, which were separated by the endless abyss you saw a few times earlier. Although, looking down, you can faintly make out their rock bottom. You also notice a bunch of holes on the walls around. Anyway, you go further down the path stretching ahead of you, careful to not fall off the edges to your death, and not after long you come across wider ground. Looking around you see a small depression filled with a frozen liquid, a few small stalagmites strewn around and... a dead girl with light blue hair sitting in a puddle of dried blood behind one of them. You can see a bunch of stab wounds and gashes on her chest and arms.
"Human. She was probably killed while trying to escape." your companion remarks before turning towards you. "So, what do you want to do with her?" he then asks. You glance forward that the path continued up to a giant stalagmite going far up into the ceiling with orange crystals growing around it, but didn't go any further.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Oh, it's just that... well..." Nez'gol fidgeted a little before clearing his throat. "Well, since I was little, I always wanted to explore. At first I was satisfied with just the Marrowin Woods, but now... Well, let's just say it is not enough for me anymore." the lizardman explained then took a few seconds to compose himself. "And, since you're a mercenary, I wanted to ask you if you'd let me join you." he finally added, looking at you expectantly. In the meantime, Sar'nir was staring into the distance.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

You both go down the south path, which was narrower and thus forced you to go one at a time. Anyway, after a few minutes of walking the path veers to the right into a large room. You don't really have time to look around because the first thing you see is another emerald bassilisk who hisses loudly towards you. Suddenly, behind it appear two more reptile and... a blue three-headed anaconda.
"Well, it looks like we now know from where those other bassilisks came from." Vanina observes before starting to chant...

(Vanina: 5 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 11 vs 9 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 Dodge Mature emerald basilisk #1)
(Armor protection: 2 - 1 = 1 damage)
(Vanina: 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 7 vs 9 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 Dodge Mature emerald basilisk #2)
(Vanina: 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 9 vs 9 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 Dodge Mature emerald basilisk #3)
(Vanina: 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 7 vs 6 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Blue Anaconda)
(Armor protection: 1 - 2 = -1 damage)

Flames erupt like mad from the ground, incinerating one of the basilisk while the rest manage to get away from the fire. Fortunately, this also means that they won't be able to attack you right now.

--
Enemies:

Mature emerald basilisk x 3

Blue Anaconda

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

In response to your words, Carola immediately retaliates towards the orc with two consecutive strikes...

(Carola: 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 10 vs 12 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 5 Parry Red Orc)
(Carola: 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 11 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Parry Red Orc)

Yet both of her attacks are parried. She frowns as Fenrir casts another shadow fragment.

(Man: 3 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 4 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Parry Red Orc)

But the enemy easily blocks his spell. He then attempts to deliver another blow towards the girl.

(Red Orc: 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 10 vs 12 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Parry Carola)

His shortswords only meet the steel of Carola's swords before she pushes him back. In the meantime, you were running towards the elf and nearly reached him, but he manages to cast a spell before you can attack.

(Elf mage: 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 3 - 3 - 1 = 6 vs 9 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 6 Dodge Mystel)

You dodge his fireball before slashing towards him with your dai-katanas!

(Mystel: 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 16 vs 2 = 1 - 3 - 3 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 Dodge Elf mage)
(Electicity damage: +1)

Your blades cut through the mage's flesh like melted butter, creating a massive wound starting from his right shoulder and ending at his lower torso from which blood poured like a river. You then turn around but before you can do anything, a cloaked woman appears before you. She was wielding two dai-katanas just like you, although hers had longer blades and a red mark on each of their hilt.
"Lord Uba is impressed with your capabilities. I am to lead you to him." she said in a smooth tone. Her expression is hidden by the cloak's hood.

---
Enemies:

Red Orc
---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

Since your body is basically a wooden doll, you don't really need to breathe, so you decide to create a void around yourself, thus muting any sound your movements would make. Since sound can't travel through void and all. Anyway, you proceed to glide from tree to tree, following the werewolves to where they were going. You notice Saraquel coming up just behind you on the ground, his sprint being surprisingly silent. You continue stalking them for a few minutes until the red one suddenly stops and snarls towards the blue one. Well, you know he's snarling because he's showing his teeth, since you can't really hear anything in the void you created around you. You watch them exchange facial expressions, which could be anything from more snarls to growls, until the blue werewolf turns around and continues running. Meanwhile, the other one stays there.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:52:00 pm by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Naturally."

Lie my ass off to the imp, which should be easy because I technically don't have an ass.

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Antaeus laughs.

If thy wish is to join me, I have no complaints. I warn you, though - in my line of work, death is not something that can be avoided. Just make sure it is your foe who dies.

Naturally, I shall give you half of any profit we may make.

I am an outsider - where do you wish to go?

Follow Nez'gol, keep an eye on Sar'nir.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:28:11 am by Rethi-Eli »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... The trouble never ends.

"Sorry but that's not something I can easily do."

Switch focus to parrying. In a battle against someone like her, parrying would be preferable over dodging. Once I switch focus, try to get back to my companions without attacking her. However, if she decides to block my way:

"Fenrir!"

I can hope that Fenrir hears me and targets the girl with his magic. During that time, run back to my companions, making sure to have some distance between me and the new girl to minimize the chances of her attacking me.

While going back to my companions, cast Thunder Impulse on the orc if he is still fighting Carola and Fenrir. Don't hesitate to use Thunder Impulse on the new stranger though if she continues to try to block my path.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:13:11 am by Crimson »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gee, this is dragging on, Cyfraith thought idly twirling a knife. Without air to slow its weight, it practically swung on its own, hanging from the invisible line.

She stalks the wolf some more. She doesn't plan on killing one as it wouldn't help her find that shrine anyway. But this is too interesting to pass up.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

"Yes. The dead.

Our numbers are always on the rise. Beata anima."

Nayrous examines the girl closer. Are these the wounds inflicted by the enemies he has encountered? Or is this room likely home to new threats?

Also shamelessly examine her pocessions. It would be optimistic to imagine she kept a diary.

Spoiler: Backstory! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:21:32 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Focus on the basilisks first!"

Attack the closest lizard.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 30) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2017, 06:50:14 pm »

Roll 30
----
Power outage killed my roll and my mood yesterday. >.>
--
I'd also like to thank everyone for posting their backstories. I'm going to place them under each player on the main post.
--
And one more thing: you people seem to roll mainly for the unlikely events.

--

Mercenary 1

The imp doesn't reply for a few moments, continuing it's inspection. It's eyes trailed from your rapiers to your armor and linger for a second on your cranium, as if trying to find something. The demon's completely black irises send a shiver down your spine.
"Huh, no mark..." you hear it mutter to itself before shrugging. "So, what 'errand' do you have here?" the imp asks, looking straight into your red orb-eyes.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You kneel down and examine the girl's wounds more closely. You see a few stab wounds, one gash and finally numerous... bite marks? The stabs seem to be from the millipuves while the gash was most probably made one the sharp bloodied stone you see nearby, but the bites are certainly from something else. Nevertheless, after observing all this, you proceed to loot her body, finding a bag with a considerable amount of gold, a green ring and finally a small book with leather cover. You quickly place all of theese in your inventory. Meanwhile, Rhuno went towards the giant stalagmite at the of the path and collected a few orange crystals that were more loose.
"So, you did find out what killed her?" he asks after walking next to you. The elf glanced curiously towards the book you just looted and was about to say something, but he was interrupted by a schreech coming from the ceiling.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Thanks, and yes, I'm used to fighting like that. It was mostly against undead who tried to wander into our forest until now, though." Nez'gol replies with a relieved smile. You keep and eye on Sar'nir, who was now climbing into a nearby tree, trying to gather some Crimson Oranges. "Splitting the rewards seems only fair and as for where we should go... well..." he continues, pulling out the map he picked up in the rogue leader's house. "I just finished reading this map before you came here. It seems to lead from the rogue's camp to a place called the 'Wonder Marsh'. Maybe we could go there?" the lizardman finishes. In the meantime, the other one did an acrobating jump from the tree he climbed on, landing right on top of the pillar next to Nez'gol, which also happens to be the one with the bird nest you saw when you first came here. He picks up an egg and says something to Nez'gol. Your partner's eyes go wide with surprise.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

Vanina grunts in response you lunge towards the basilisk closest to you...

(Geralt: 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 12 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge Mature emerald basilisk #2)
(Armor protection: 4 - 1 = 3 damage)

You kill off the first basilisk with a well placed blow near it's head. You move on to attack the last one...

(Geralt: 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 14 vs 10 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 Dodge Mature emerald basilisk #2)
(Armor protection: 4 - 1 = 3 damage)

Your blades slice a large wound across the reptile's back. It falls limp on the ground in a pool of it's own blood. In the meantime, the anaconda has slithered up to you and now attempts to bit down on your arm...

(Blue Anaconda: 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 8 vs 8 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 Parry Geralt)

You barely manage to block off it's jaws with your weapons. Vanina, who was keeping her distance from your fight, shoots two fireballs towards the anaconda.

(Vanina: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Dodge Blue Anaconda)
(Vanina: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Dodge Blue Anaconda)

Yet it just manages to dodge both of her attacks. She sighs in frustration.

--
Enemies:

Blue Anaconda

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"You don't really have much of a choice in the matter." the woman replied with slight amusement as you try to get past her. She proves to be surprisingly agile because all of your attempts to get around her fail. You switch your focus on parrying before calling for Fenrir. He takes a second to realize what you wanted him to do and, with a shrug, he casts his spell towards her.

(Fenrir: 3 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 6 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 ??)

The woman doesn't even react to the shadow fragment, not trying to dodge nor parry it. She only lets out a small chuckle as the bolt impacts with her armor, failing to do any damage whatsoever.
"Amateur." she mutter, glancing towards your ally.

You attempt to run back to your companions while she was distracted, but as you pass her she rushes towards you and grips your arm tightly. You turn around and with your free hand you cast Thunder Impulse on her.

(Mystel: 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 6 vs 23 = 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge ??)

In one fluid motion she lets go of your arm and sidesteps, dodging your discharge of electricity. The woman's lips twitch slightly in annoyance before she gives chase after you. Fortunately, you manage to get back to your companions, just as Carola healed her injuries. (+2 health, -3 pain)
The red orc exploits the fact that she can't retaliate and slashes towards her with his swords surrounded by a fiery aura.

(Red Orc: 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 13 vs 12 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Parry Carola)

He manages to land a small blow on her right arm, the heat of his blades also inflicting small burns on both of them. You decide to finish off this stupid orc.

(Mystel: 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 5 vs 8 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Parry Red Orc)

Unfortunately, your dai-katanas only meet the steel of your opponent's blades as he parries your attack.

---
Enemies:

??

Red Orc
---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You decide to continue stalking 'the wolf', which would be the red werewolf, as this situation seems pretty interesting to you. Anyway, the canine in question stays still for a few seconds after it's blue frined disappeared into the forest, looking like it was trying really hard to hear something. You see it's ear twitch for a few seconds before it suddenly moved it's jaws, as if uttering words, and a white flash filled your sight. Your body feels disoriented for a few seconds and when you come back to your senses, you realize that the magic keeping the void around you was no more. The werewolf turns it's head towards you.
"Hello, stranger. I sense raw magic around you." it says in a coarse voice. Canine jaws aren't very good at articulating words. "Your scent is odd... smells almost like wood. Who are you?" it suddenly asks. You can make out curiousity in it's tone.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 30) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2017, 08:08:36 pm »

And one more thing: you people seem to roll mainly for the unlikely events.
-----

I can agree with this, assuming my current encounter is from a roll. Those stats and equipment... and two items being legendary to boot. A hopeless boss fight here.

"Sorry Carola, Fenrir, but its best that we retreat now! There's no way we can beat them in our current condition!"

Make sure to disengage from battle and start thinking about the situation. Right now, even with three of us, there's no way we can even injure the new arrival. In that case, retreat is the best option. While I'm pretty sure we can outrun the orc, the mysterious girl might be faster than us so we need to find a way to quickly escape or slow her down.

Now first, what's below the bridge? Is it a high drop towards a river of sorts? Does the river look deep? If all of those are true, then jumping off the bridge might be our best bet of escape. Although risky, its at least the fastest way we can escape. If not however, then escaping through our previous path is the best option.

In that case, is sparkcrystal powder flammable? If it is, throw both of my stock at the burning carriage when unknown girl gets close to it while chasing us, hoping that it can create a big enough flame to stop her for even just for a second.

While we're all retreating, ask Fenrir to use his magic on the mysterious girl if she's still chasing us or if either of my escape plans don't work. Casting magic while running is definitely hard but accuracy doesn't matter right now. What matters is that we escape.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:04:29 am by Crimson »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 30) Roll to not get assassinated: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2017, 08:37:43 pm »

"Something with a jaw full of teeth. Gratia."

---

Nayrous turns his attention to the sound and equips the ring. If it does not demand action read the leather booklet

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2017, 09:46:33 pm »

What, may I ask, is the importance of that egg?

Inquire about the egg. Once I understand its importance, head for Wonder Marsh.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 24, 2017, 01:22:53 am »

"Why hello..." The creature's resemblance to the beasts of this earth seems paper-thin.
"I am a traveler. Not between places here in the world, you see... but between realms... I came to experience all things, so that I may rise above it."

"And what are you, might I ask? You had me perplexed."

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34