Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52929 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 2 [Advancing]
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2017, 01:22:05 pm »

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:09:34 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2017, 02:03:42 pm »

Spoiler: Jefro of the West (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:23:15 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2017, 02:49:09 pm »

Spoiler: West wind (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2017, 03:07:57 pm »

Spoiler: East answer (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2017, 03:09:14 pm »

Capture my point. No use hiding it, it's pretty obvious.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2017, 04:14:51 pm »

Spoiler: From the East (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:41:32 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2017, 04:51:50 pm »

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2017, 10:50:31 pm »

Spoiler: Oh, West (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2017, 12:21:18 pm »

Spoiler: The Western Hemisphere (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2017, 12:53:19 pm »

Just need two more.  If the actions are posted in the next ~20 hours from this post, I should be able to get another turn up before I go.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2017, 05:51:32 pm »

Spoiler: Eastern Dominance! (click to show/hide)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:32:02 pm by Whisperling »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

TEAM EAST

With Greg leading him a bit, Poe charges under the crystals and heads out onto the bridge.  It's a strange thing; calling a bridge is a misnomer because there's no one construction.  It's just a long series of blocks of various sizes, mostly easily large enough for one to stand on, with a few even larger.  There are enough of them and they are close enough together that hopping from one to the other is trivial.  However, they aren't fixed in place.  When one is jumped onto, it dips down a bit before returning to its preferred position.  Looks like harder blows could move them farther away.

Regardless, crossing to the capture point in the middle is simple enough, though doing this while under attack would be tricky indeed.  As they aren't, they safely land on the central block.  Unlike the others, this one appears firmly stuck in place, though there isn't anything obvious for it to be stuck on.  Both of them can feel the aura of the capture point.

Greg, as he got there first, is able to squeeze in some magic.

[Pot:4+2-1]

Despite the objections from his aura, his spell results in a rather large pair of knee-high boots.  Well... they're sort of boots.  They actually have a protrusion coming out the sides up to the knees, that when put together form a short narrow wall.  They could be used as mobile cover if one squatted, though it'd be low cover... and they're kind of bulky.  Greg straps them on; no amount of mental willing makes them do anything interesting.  Maybe the other spell?

[Pot:5+2]

This creates a rather large bat whose skin is grey and rocky... a concrete bat?  Disappointingly, it chitters and flies under the bridge, ignoring his desires.

(Actually capturing the point takes the entire turn; can't move and capture)

Capture my point. No use hiding it, it's pretty obvious.

Derm places his hands on the capture obelisk and concentrates.  The orb on top of the point slowly fills with color until it flashes with light, and Derm feels a positive magical energy, signalling him that the deed is done.

*EAST POINT NOW CONTROLLED BY EAST TEAM*

Sir Lootington runs toward the other bridge capture point.  The first part he treads carefully, because the field is littered with pits, and each pit filled with shining steel spikes.  Probably not a good idea to fall in one.

Past that is the foundation of another bridge.  This one is quite traditionally bridge-y; about ten feet wide along its span, with a small raised platform in the middle where the capture point rests.  There aren't any railings, though, so caution is advised.

Lootington makes it to the capture point.

Spoiler: Eastern Dominance! (click to show/hide)

Bastien follows behind Lootington and sees pretty much the same.  They stand at the South point together... just in time to see a brownish cloud racing directly toward the point?

[Lootington Dex:4+1]
[Bastien Dex:1+2]

Sir Lootington neatly sidesteps the cloud, while Bastien is barely clipped by it.  There seems to be no effect except a lingering scent of booze, and the cloud dissipates after it hits the point.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West wind (click to show/hide)

Enki wastes no time focusing on the West capture point.  In no time, it falls under his team's sway.

*WEST POINT NOW CONTROLLED BY WEST TEAM*

Well, that was easy.

Spoiler: Jefro of the West (click to show/hide)

Jefro grabs the weird whip and heads toward the South point, magicking all the way.

[Pot:6]

A hand-shaped brownish cloud appears before him for a moment before heading straight toward the South capture point.  Where there are now two people standing?

[Will:3]

You might have winged one of them, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Spoiler: Oh, West (click to show/hide)

No enemies are close, so Mr. Smith just moves forward some and spells.

[Pot:6+1]

Um.  This results in a wolf... you think.  It's hard to tell, because its legs and tail are thick chains.  Its body also appears to be wrapped chains, with a chain head attached.  Its fur is tiny strands of chain.  Each gold-colored chain ripples in the breeze, causing a light dust to trail behind it, like some sort of pollen.

It sniffs the ground with a clinking of chain, leaving a powder residue behind.  Oooookay?

Spoiler: The Western Hemisphere (click to show/hide)

Well, Enki has that covered, so you make with the magic instead.

[Pot:5]

Magical runes etch onto his right arm and settle in.  Neat.

[Pot:4]

A magical grey fog appears over his right shoulder, but fades without effect.

[Pot:1]

Magical flatulence.

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

Johnny moves forward, keeping pace with Jefro (which places him in the Steel Pits on the west side).  There are indeed two enemies on the bridge.  Noting this, he settles in for magic.

[Pot:6+2]

Oh look, another giant halberd you can't use.

[Pot:6+2]

This gives you a (still rather large) steel boomerang.  The edges are a bit sharp, though clearly the heft of the weapon is its biggest threat... and probably detriment, because it's going to be hard to throw.

Point capturing!  Violence!  We're off for real now!

Indeed!  Ineffective violence, but that's what we've come to expect here!

We'll see what happens next; I'm thinking things are about to get serious there at the South Point!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - North Capture Point (Ethereal-Steel Aura [2 turns], 6 Pool) [Ethereal half-cape, Deathtouched guisarme, Rubber wallboots]
Person: Sir Lootington - South Capture Point (5/5 Pool)
Derm: Derm - East Capture Point  (5 Pool) [Leather Gloves]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (3/3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Rocky Field, North (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - West Capture Point (3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, not equipped]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Capture Point (5 Pool)
Whisperling: Johnny - West Steel Pits (5 Pool)
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Steel Pits (1/4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets, Ceramic whiplike thing]

I'm back!

How are the split combat actions?  Are they clear or should I combine them?  Those in combat, do note your pool totals; you're now in combat regeneration.

East, please double check that you're all where you expect to be.  I butchered your locations in my mind and had to redo a chunk of your turn.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:01:07 pm by Toaster »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 3 [Onset of Violence]
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2017, 10:10:15 pm »

Spoiler: Time to get serious! (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35