Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52896 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  West Wonders (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Eastern Stuff (click to show/hide)

Dice, can I please do magic stuff at some point? I hope that's not too much to ask.

Edit: Nvm, just double checked scoring rules. We all good.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West Germany (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Just missing two.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can say their names. FalacyOfUrist and ATHATH. It's not like it will summon a demon :P
The Cyan Menace

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

You can say their names. FalacyOfUrist and ATHATH. It's not like it will summon a demon :P
    /\__/\       WHO DARE SUMMON ME,
<{ ò   ó }>   THE MIGHTY, INSIDUOUS
    \_O_/       FATHOTHU?!?!
       \/
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

not if I was too lazy to do more than count
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Hail Westfathofulu. (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Note to ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Turn tonight.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
DERM DERM DERM DERM DERM
« Reply #250 on: April 14, 2017, 10:27:01 pm »

TEAM EAST

[Speed:4-1]

You fire off your spell.

[Pot:3+2]

There's a loud grunt of surprise to your west.

Quite a lot of gasoline now covers the platform.  From behind the wall you didn't get wet, but you do notice that the purple wall got splashed... and the splashed parts are dissolving rapidly.  Well, that's a thing.  Backing up further behind your shrinking cover, you try another spell.

[Pot:3+2]
[Will:2+1]

Something in the spell resists this configuration of words, and you almost lose concentration.  Fighting back, you take what you can and force it to happen.  A magical sparkle covers your whole body and settles in, ready to activate.

[Pot:6+2]

You summon a shimmering image of a massive torso.  It flexes its pecs at you.

Spoiler: Eastern Tactics (click to show/hide)
Edited: Fixed

[Speed:3]

You focus on avoiding attacks that never come.  Mostly your enemies just injure themselves.

Spoiler: Eastern Stuff (click to show/hide)

[Speed:3]

[Dex:2+1]
[End:4-1]

A few globs of magma burn your left leg a bit.  It's not really anything compared to the rest of your injuries, but you need to avoid further damage to it.

[Str:5-2]
[Dex:6+1]

With a jerk and a twist, you manage to free yourself from the cooling magma.  Where's Jefro?  Dancing away from magma?  Take this!

[Pot:6+2-1]

You conjure bolts of lighting, firing off in four directions; straight at him as well as due right, left, and backwards.  The spell does seem to be going a bit out of your control, as some bolts arc upwards as well.  Regardless, they pound straight toward Jefro... who flings himself down in avoidance.  Damn it!

The other bolts don't hit anyone, but everyone's ears are ringing; that was a whole lot of lighting.

[Speed:1]

[Dex:2-1]

Quite a lot of gasoline spews onto the platform.  Your legs are quite soaked.  Hmm.

TEAM WEST

[Speed:2+1]

You line up your spell and cast.

[Pot:5+1]

You shoot a gout of gasoline at the north point, soaking quite a good portion of the point.

[End:6]

A concussive blast goes off right in front of you, despite your cover.  You grunt loudly and get blasted flat on your back again.  Oof.

A puppy that looks like a cloud of pollen and spores licks you.  Whatever.

((PS: if you want to jump, please specify if you want to try to climb the wall first and jump from there (easier jump) or do it from the side of the wall (no climb, but harder jump) ))

"I'll be borrowing that, Larry."

Spoiler: Jefro (click to show/hide)

[Speed:4+1]

You back off from Bastien and line up your attack.

[Pot:6]

A flaming burst of magma appears, all right; five feet from your face and dropping straight down.  You backed off too far!  Oh crap, it's spreading!

[Dex:2+1]

You stumble backwards, somehow losing your shoes to the spreading magma.  In your haste to avoid it, you don't get significantly away... but it does leave you off balance when the lightning comes.

[Dex:6+1-1

You fling yourself straight down.  There's enough electricity flowing by that some still arcs toward you, stunning you a bit. [-1 next turn]

Spoiler:  West Wonders (click to show/hide)

[Speed:5]

You opt for a more defensive move.

[Pot:3+2-1]

Magical sparkles cover your body, despite resistance from... your sword?  They burst into action, granting you a strange aura that seems to turn your flesh both cold as ice and strangely metallic.  In addition to this, it appears the top layer is strangely gaseous.  It's hard to test what this does, because your hands immediately clamp down on your sword, despite your attempts to unclench your grip.  Hrm.

Your leg still hurts.

Spoiler: West Germany (click to show/hide)

[Speed:3+1]

You line up your attack on the stuck Lootington.  A solid hit here could be fatal.

[Pot:4]

A blob of magma appears before you... and immediately detonates.

[End:2+1]

Your head and body are consumed in pain as magma is splattered all over them.  You fall backwards, screaming.

Spoiler: Hail Westfathofulu. (click to show/hide)

[Speed:3-1]

You line up an attack against Greg, standing there in the open.

[Pot:5+1]

Something in the magic is incompatible, and you can feel at least one word burning off.  Despite this, the spell takes hold.  Your right leg is covered in a magical sparkle, which activates in a flash.  Your leg transforms into a steel cagelike framework, not entirely unlike a leg of the Eiffel Tower.  It still does all its leg duties.  Uhhh... oops?

You advance through the spike pits, but there's no enemy nearly close enough to hit with a throw.  Maybe if you had a baseball.  Also, Enki's here flat on his back; one puppy licks him.  The sword puppy is way behind, still slowly coming.

Looks like a few of our contestants need to review their magical basics!

Or at least test with something a bit less self destructive!

I was so hoping to see someone melted too!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - North Capture Point (Steel Aura, 6/6 Pool) [Rubber wallboots] {Legs soaked in gasoline}
Person: Sir Lootington - South Capture Point (1/5 Pool)  {Left arm burned, Head burned and stuck in magma}
Derm: Derm - Non-Euclidean Bridge  (5 Pool) [Leather Gloves]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (1/5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - West Steel Pits (1/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - South Capture Point (3/5 Pool)  { Body burned, Head burned, Left leg burned, Left arm lightly burned}
Flabort: Johnny - South Capture Point (Gaseous Icy Magnet Aura, 5 Pool) [Druidic Steel Greatsword]  {Right leg burned}
Coolrune:  Jefro - South Capture Point (3/4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]  {-1 next turn to all rolls}

This turn brought to you by Bach

Also note at some point I had Enki listed as Crystal Field when he should be Steel Pits.  I have fixed that.

Spoiler: HOLY SHIT A MAP UPDATE (click to show/hide)

Don't expect lots of those, but I figured I owed you at least one.  The scrum at the south point is not very relative.

As always, check for errors.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 07:29:29 am by Toaster »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 7 [Failures in Magma]
« Reply #251 on: April 14, 2017, 10:49:00 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2017, 01:11:29 am »

Spoiler: West Korea? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:16:52 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2017, 01:30:04 am »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 15, 2017, 02:45:33 am »

"Fire in the hole!"

Spoiler: West Wind (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35