Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52705 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 7 [Failures in Magma]
« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2017, 07:09:24 am »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2017, 07:29:42 am »

Fixed
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2017, 09:49:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2017, 09:58:44 am »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2017, 10:00:46 am »

Spoiler: West Virginia (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2017, 12:31:23 pm »

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2017, 04:11:59 pm »

Spoiler: Inaccuracy of the East (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2017, 10:33:49 pm »

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2017, 10:48:10 pm »

Spoiler: A small note to East (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2017, 08:56:49 am »

*pokes Dolosus*
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2017, 01:00:39 pm »

But I already poste-SON OF A *flips table*.

Spoiler: Western Apathy (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 18, 2017, 01:26:36 pm »

Spoiler: Concern (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:28:58 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 18, 2017, 02:59:29 pm »

Turn tonight.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
I see a little silhouetto of a man
« Reply #268 on: April 18, 2017, 11:01:23 pm »

TEAM EAST

[Speed:6]

Jefro needs to die, and you know how to do it in style.

[Pot:2+2]

You summon a juvenile bear that looks straight off a death metal album, with exposed bones, steely skin, and wreathed in flame.  It hovers there for a second before launching itself at Jefro.

[Dex:4+1]

Direct hit!  He's down and the bear is sitting on him.

[Speed:4]

Larry blew himself up some more, so now's a good chance for a finisher, right?

[Pot:6+2]
[Dex:4+2]

You summon a thick wall of acid, aimed straight at the prone Larry.  It melts him, leaving nothing but a rush of power for you.  A mercy kill, really.

Bastien has one point to spend!

[Speed:5]

You're a bit distracted by a flying bear, but you make your move.

[Pot:5+2-1]

There's a solid gust of air that pushes you back and puts Johnny on his back foot, but it's not directed enough to really cause havoc.

You edge away from the center of violence... as Johnny comes charging in.

[Dex:6+1]

Despite your incredible reflexes, he still manages to nick your arm.  It stings.  He then summons a bow made of leather; you're not sure the purpose of that.

[Speed:3-1]

Will this clean the gas?

[Pot:5+2]

A small point of nothingness appears before you.  Oh shit.

[Str:5-2]
[End:6]

It detonates, immediately sucking everything nearby into it... starting with you, the gas, chunks of the melted wall, and finally your buddy Greg.  You grit your teeth and scream in determination; once the spell finally lets you go, this results in you landing face down beside Greg in a puddle of gas, but otherwise generally uninjured... though you're going to be bruised.

And then a flaming puppy flies in.

KABOOM.

[Dex:6]

Greg's body shields you from the worst, but the blast's concussion sends you flying toward the edge, forcing a quick grab to stop you from going over.  However, your clothes are now on fire.  Better deal with that.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

[Speed:2]

Enki's past the wall and charging.  Better make this count!

[Pot:3+2]
[Dex:3-1]

Something about this spell conflicts with itself, but you succeed at firing it off.  Unfortunately, all it succeeds in doing is stopping Enki before he gets here.

Meanwhile, your buddy Poe is summoning trouble.

[Str:3-1]
[End:4]

You go flying toward him, joining him, the gas, and the rapidly dissolving chunks of purple metal in banging around the central point.  Once you're dropped (with Poe on top of you) you stop a moment to watch the birdies spin.  {-1 next roll}

Oh look, there's a shiny birdy!  Looks like fire!

KABOOM.

[End:1-1]

Your body does a great job of protecting Poe, and completely fails at protecting you.  Multiple internal organs rupture from the force of the blast, leaving you a flaming corpse.

Good Guy Greg has died!

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West Wind (click to show/hide)

[Speed:5+1]

You'll have that wall!

[Str:4-1]

Hurrrr good enough.  0 for style, but you made it.  What about this jump?

[Dex:3+1]

Got it!  You charge across, headed for the point.  Hopefully Mr. Smith can make your job easy... OH CRAP!

[Dex:4+1]

An unusually dark glob of magma appears right in front of you, and you barely avoid running head-on into it.  It's still enough to stop you in your tracks, a couple hops from the capture platform.  It drops, most of the mass sloughing off into the void below you.  It smells unusually bad.

Meanwhile, your enemies get sucked into a small mass then exploded.  Maybe it's a good thing you didn't get all the way onto the platform; you could feel the suction from here.

[Speed:2-1]

You focus hard at the northern point.  This is made slightly easier when all the gas plus the two enemies get sucked into the middle.

[Pot:2+1]
[Will:5+1]

A burning puppy (but not troubled about that] appears in front of you, dropping odd-looking embers.  It hovers for a second, then shoots laser-straight at the gasoline, which having just been agitated is in a bit of a vapor.

KABOOM.

One's sent flying and the other is flattened.  You feel a rush of power!

Mr. Smith has one point to spend!

[Speed:6+1]

You focus on destroying the eastern menace.

[Pot:6-1]

You summon a much larger and much more burning glob of magma... which also detonates in your face.

[End:5+1]

You do your best to shield yourself, but there really is a lot of magma.  This time, your right leg gets burned... and you take magma right in the eyes.  You go down screaming, clawing at your face in a futile effort to save your eyes.

[Dex:2-3-1]

There's a sudden severe burning, and you pass out from shock, never to wake up.

Larry Laffer has died!

Spoiler: West Korea? (click to show/hide)

[Speed:2-1]

Lootington blows some wind at you; it's a bit annoying, but not enough to stop you from going for the kill.

[Dex:5+1]
[Str:3-2]

The blow is accurate but Lootington's dodge is quite fast; the end result is a harmless scratch to his unburned arm.  This sword is awfully hard for your weak noodly arms to use, really.  Maybe a spell followup?

[Pot:2+2]

Your magical assault creates a leather shortbow.  Oops?

Spoiler: West Virginia (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1+1-1]

[Dex:1+1-1]

Your retreat is cut off by a bear hurtling at you.  You're too distracted to dodge, and it slams directly into you.

[End:5-1]

You're knocked flat on your back, and you've got burns on your chest... and now there's a flaming bear sitting on you.  It's not a very big bear, but it's a pretty freaking scary looking bear.

Oooh yes, folks!  Not one but two deaths to start with!  This is looking to be a fine event today!

Indeed!  Such self-harm will surely make the highlight reel!

Always a crowd pleaser, that.  Now which team can leverage this change of events better?

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - DEAD
Person: Sir Lootington - South Capture Point (1/5 Pool)  {Left arm burned, Head burned}
Derm: Derm - Non-Euclidean Bridge  (1/5 Pool) [Leather Gloves]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (1/3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (1/5 Pool)  {!!On Fire!!}

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 1/4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - North Capture Point (2/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - DEAD
Flabort: Johnny - South Capture Point (Gaseous Icy Magnet Aura, 4/5 Pool) [Druidic Steel Greatsword]  {Right leg burned}
Coolrune:  Jefro - South Capture Point (4/4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]  {Light burns on chest}

And we have our first death!   ATHATH and Larry, as a reminder, you'll spend next turn respawning and will appear off map in your safe zone.  As with all deaths, you may move a single stat +/- from one stat to another if you like.  Fallacy and Shadowclaw, you may add + to any stat you choose.  If you choose Channelling, it'll add to both current and maximum pool.

You may notice that Johnny got a speed penalty when Larry didn't for the initiative rolls despite having the same leg injury; this is because Johnny moved in his attack and Larry did not.   "When using it" is a bit subjective for legs, but hopefully that's obvious enough.

Also, wow, I actually had to check my melee rules.   Dex vs Dex to hit, ties to attacker, defender winning by one is a partial dodge.  Defender winning by 3+ results in a counterattack attempt, if they are in a position to do so.

EDIT:  Fixed Enki's recorded position
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:03:22 am by Toaster »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 8 [Still Even]
« Reply #269 on: April 18, 2017, 11:23:18 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35